FUN FOR ONE, FUN FOR ALL.
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE:
A versatile off‑road bike that’s perfect for discovering the fun and freedom of trail riding.
There’s no better way to build confidence than with a TT-R! Designed with new riders in mind, the TT-R125LE features lightweight construction, electric start and smooth, predictable power delivery.
A potent, air-cooled, 124 cc, SOHC, 2 valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces broad, torquey power tuned for maximum, novice-friendly off-road performance — perfect for a wide range of trail conditions.
EASY TO RIDE
The rigid, diamond-type steel frame features a 1,270 mm (50″) wheelbase providing quick, agile, off-road handling. Convenient push-button electric start is standard.
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Potent, air-cooled, 124 cc, SOHC, 2 valve, 4-stroke power plant produces broad, torquey power tuned for maximum, novice-friendly off-road performance perfect for a wide range of trail conditions
- Super convenient push-button electric starting with manual kick starter
- Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design
- easy to adjust traditional rocker arms
- 150-hour valve adjustment intervals
- Automatic cam chain tensioner & silent design cam chain
- reduces maintenance time, tune up costs & mechanical engine noise
- Engine counterbalancer
- reduces vibration for maximum rider comfort
- Easy-access, side-mounted engine oil drain plug for fast, easy oil changes
- Mikuni VM20 carburetor
- crisp throttle response combined with good fuel economy
- “Electroless” nickel-plated valve seat & nickel silver needle valve assembly to counteract the negative effects of E10 (10% ethanol) fuels
- Easy-access, tool-free, washable foam air filter reduces costs
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with manual clutch
- optimized gear ratios for maximum versatility and usable power delivery
- Lightweight, up-swept exhaust system with stylish aluminum end cap
- quiet operation will keep neighbors happy
- cleanable screen-type spark arrestor
- heat shields protect rider from hot components
- Rugged, plastic engine skid plate helps to protect against rocks and logs.
- CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) system.
- maintenance-free, delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance at all rpm
- Side stand lock-out switch prevents the unit from being ridden if the side stand is down
- Rugged, diamond-type steel frame features a 1,270 mm (50″) wheelbase
- quick, agile, off-road handling
- super durable design
- Lightweight, aluminum, box-section swingarm
- excellent rear wheel control & traction
- easy-to-use, eccentric-type chain adjusters
- Adjustable 31 mm Showa front fork with 180 mm (7.1″) of wheel travel
- 4 positions of preload adjustability to suit rider weight
- fork features slightly stiffer settings than the TT-R125L for more aggressive off-road performance & handling
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) help protect tubes & seals from damage
- Fully adjustable Monocross, link-type single shock rear suspension offers 168 mm (6.6″) of wheel travel.
- remote reservoir (piggyback) design helps maintains consistent damping performance by keeping the shock & shock oil cooler
- adjustments include: spring preload, 20-way rebound & 12-way compression damping
- Front 220 mm brake disc with twin-piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power
- Rear drum brake with easy-to-use, wing nut adjuster
- Low 805 mm (31.7′) seat height
- helps inspire rider confidence
- 295 mm (11.6″) of ground clearance
- serious ground clearance to tackle the tough terrain
- makes it easier to hop over small logs or other obstacles
- 6-litre plastic resin fuel tank
- lots of fun between fill-ups
- on/off/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
- tank features “fluorination surface treatment” to reduce fuel permeation for improved environmental protection
- Mid-size, 19″ front & 16″ rear wheels.
- mid-size wheel size reduces seat height for increased rider confidence
- knobby tires offer superb grip in the dirt
- YZ-inspired bodywork.
- “slim design” bodywork allows for fast, easy rider mobility
- styling is straight from the championship-winning YZ series
- YZ style”faux” rad shrouds
- Flat YZ-style seat.
- features non-slip, non-clogging seat cover just like the bigger YZs
- flat design allows easy rider mobility
- Serrated, folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
- Motocross style handlebar utilizes a crossbar for added strength.
- Handlebar-mounted, key-operated ignition switch prevents unwanted joy rides.
- Convenient handlebar-mounted choke
- Folding foot pegs, folding shift lever & folding brake pedal tip resist damage in the event of a tip-over.
- Convenient lift holes in right side cover makes lifting the bike easier.
- Brake and clutch lever rubber covers help reduce dirt & mud build-up.
- E10 (10% ethanol) compatible fuel system components
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
IMPORTANT NOTE:Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet & eye protection, are a must when a youngster is operating a TT-R125LE.
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3,349 – Team Yamaha Blue
Canada MSRP Price: $4,299 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 124cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 54.0mm x 54.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® VM20 carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 31mm telescopic fork, adjustable preload; 7.1-in
Suspension / Rear Single shock, adjustable compression and
rebound; 6.6-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 110mm
Tires / Front 70/100-19
Tires / Rear 90/100-16
L x W x H 74.2 in x 31.3 in x 42.7 in
Seat Height 31.7 in
Wheelbase 50.0 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 28.7°
Trail 3.7 in
Fuel Capacity 1.6 gal
Fuel Economy** n/a
Wet Weight*** 198 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|54 x 54mm|
|1kg-m (7.3 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Electric & kick|
|Constant mesh, 5-speed|
|Adjustable 31mm fork / 180mm (7.1″) wheel travel|
|Adjustable link-type Monocross / 168mm (6.6″) wheel travel|
|220mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|1,900 mm (74.8″)|
|795 mm (31.3″)|
|1,085 mm (42.7″)|
|1,270 mm (50″)|
|295 mm (11.6″)|
|805 mm (31.7″)|
|6 litres (1.3 imp. gallons)|
|90kg (198 lb)|
|Yamaha Racing Blue|
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Yamaha TT-R125LE – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).