FUN FOR ONE, FUN FOR ALL.
2020 Yamaha TT-R230:
LONG LASTING FUN
Light, simple and proven, the trail bike that delivers decades of low maintenance performance.
Riders of all skill levels will have a blast riding the easy-to-use, easy-to-start and easy-to-maintain TT-R230! The low seat height and smooth, torquey power are perfect for beginners and more experienced riders alike.
A peppy, air-cooled, 223 cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces predictable power aimed at easing both beginner and intermediate riders into the fun and excitement of off-road riding.
The TT-R230’s diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1,385 mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb manoeuvrability and responsive handling.
2020 Yamaha TT-R230 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
2020 Yamaha TT-R230 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Peppy, air-cooled, 223 cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant. The TT-R 230 is well suited for the advancing intermediate or less experienced full size rider. The TT-R 230 has the ability to tackle the toughest terrain.
- Convenient, no-hassle electric starting.
- Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design
- Easy to adjust traditional rocker arms
- 150 hour valve adjustment intervals
Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces maintenance & mechanical engine noise
- Teikei Y26P carburetor
- crisp throttle response & good fuel economy
- carb mounted choke
- carb features “electroless” nickel plating on the valve seat & a stainless steel needle valve screw to offset the effects of E10 fuel (10% ethanol fuel).
- Easy access oil filter & oil drain plug.
- CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) system.
- maintenance-free, delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance at all rpms
- WR-style washable foam air filter.
- Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission with manual clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for maximum off road fun and versatility
- Lightweight, upswept exhaust system.
- cleanable screen-type spark arrestor
- heat shields in key areas to protect rider
- Diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1,385 mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb manoeuvrability and responsive handling.
- Rugged box-section steel swingarm features easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters.
- 36 mm leading axle front fork offers 240 mm (9.5″) of wheel travel
- confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain
- Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
- Monocross link single shock rear suspension offers 220 mm (8.7″) of wheel travel.
- adjustable spring preload (threaded type, 12 mm of adjustability) allows the rider to tailor suspension to rider weight and terrain.
- smooth, progressive suspension performance.
- Front 220 mm disc with twin piston caliper ensures fast, fade-free stopping power.
- Rear drum brake with easy-to-use wing nut adjuster.
- 21″ front and 18″ rear aluminum rims & knobby tires.
- lower unsprung weight for great suspension and handling performance
- knobby tires provide excellent traction in the dirt.
- Low 870 mm (34.3″) seat height.
- helps inspire rider confidence
- 295 mm (11.6″) of ground clearance.
- serious ground clearance to tackle the tough terrain
- 8-litre plastic fuel tank.
- off/on/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
- 1.8 litre reserve capacity
- Aggressive styling highlights Yamaha’s championship-winning YZ racing heritage.
- rugged plastic body components resist damage in the event of a tip over
- slim design bodywork allows excellent rider manoeuvrability & mobility
- “Bar-type” engine protector
- Long, flat, YZ-style two-tone seat
- Team Yamaha-inspired colour & graphics.
- Motocross-style handlebar with reinforcing crossbar
- Brake & clutch lever boots (rubber covers) help reduce dirt & mud build-up
- Serrated, folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
- Folding gear shift lever tip & folding rear brake pedal tip help prevent damage in the event of a tip over
- Heavy-duty “O” ring chain
- Handlebar mounted push button ignition switch with red indicator light when power is active.
- E10 (10% ethanol fuel) compatible fuel system components
- Lightweight, sealed (spill proof) low maintenance battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2020 Yamaha TT-R230 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,449 – Team Yamaha Blue
Canada MSRP Price: $5,099 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 70.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 9.4-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 8.7-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 130mm
Tires / Front 80/100-21
Tires / Rear 100/100-18
L x W x H 81.3 in x 31.5 in x 46.5 in
Seat Height 34.3 in
Wheelbase 54.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 27.0°
Trail 4.4 in
Ground Clearance 11.6 in
Fuel Capacity 2.1 gal
Fuel Economy** n/a
Wet Weight*** 251 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha TT-R230 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|70 x 58mm|
|1.9 kg-m (13.7 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Electric|
|Constant mesh, 6-speed|
|Adjustable 36 mm fork / 240 mm (9.4″) wheel travel|
|Adjustable link-type Monocross / 220 mm (8.7″) wheel travel|
|220mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)|
|114kg (251 lb)|
|Yamaha Racing Blue|
2020 Yamaha TT-R230 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Yamaha TT-R230 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).