BORN FOR FUN.
2020 Yamaha V-Star 250:
Light and nimble with smooth power and a low seat for easy handling makes it a stylish entry level V‑twin.
There are a whole bunch of reasons to check out the V-Star 250, but the most intriguing is it’s authentic V-twin powerplant, which means that you’re getting full-sized rumble and styling in an easy to ride, lightweight bike.
The soft rumble of the V-Star 250 comes from its 249 cc V-Twin engine, a perfect powerplant for new riders wanting that authentic V-Twin feeling.
The V-Star 250 welcomes novice riders with manageable power, a smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission, light clutch pull and a low 685 mm (27-inch) seat height.
2020 Yamaha V-Star 250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
1 . Compact Custom
Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V
Star 250® a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who
appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
2 . Big Bike Style
Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to
detail—this is one sharp little cruiser.
3 . Strong Brakes
Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
4 . Unique V- twin Performance
The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
5 . Ultra- Efficient Engine
Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
Yamaha Announces 2020 Sport Heritage Motorcycles
Iconic Designs meet Modern Technology for Exciting Performance with Character
MARIETTA, Ga. – September 4, 2019 – Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, today announced several 2020 model-year Sport Heritage motorcycles. The powerful VMAX cruiser, Bolt and Bolt R-Spec urban performance bobbers, and the entry-level V Star 250 return to the lineup as key models that continue to deliver iconic design with advanced engine and chassis technology.
The Faster Sons Design Philosophy
Yamaha’s Sport Heritage motorcycle models draw inspiration from in-depth experience spanning seven decades of design and manufacture of famous and iconic motorcycles. During this time, the world of motorcycling has continually evolved, yet the unique emotions and intense excitement experienced when riding on two wheels have always stayed the same. The Faster Sons design philosophy fuses iconic style with modern technology to create enjoyable and exciting motorcycles that recall the past while featuring the performance of today.
The 2020 VMAX is the ultimate power cruiser, designed to deliver eye-opening performance from its thunderous 65-degree, 1679cc V-four engine. Astonishing-yet-controllable acceleration is achieved throughout a broad range of power, thanks to Yamaha’s Chip-Controlled Intake (YCC-I) and Chip-Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) fly-by-wire technology. The four-into-one-into-two-into-four exhaust system adds to the iconic VMAX look and delivers legendary sound.
A lightweight aluminum chassis places the engine low and forward for mass centralization, while huge cartridge-damper-type front forks and a link-type Monocross rear suspension with a fully adjustable remote-reservoir shock combine to make the VMAX handle curves and straightaways with ease.
The 2020 VMAX will be available from authorized Yamaha dealers in Matte Raven Black beginning in October for an MSRP of $17,999.
2020 Bolt and Bolt R-Spec
The 2020 Bolt and Bolt R-Spec are designed to offer the ultimate in urban riding fun and feature a 942cc air-cooled 60-degree V-twin engine for excellent power and low-end torque. Their stripped-down design epitomizes the “Urban Performance Bobber” look while a compact, stable chassis delivers light maneuverability with an upright riding position and low seat height.
The Bolt R-Spec takes performance and style to the next level, with twin piggyback rear shocks tuned for great comfort and handling, and 12-spoke cast alloy wheels for added strength and toughness.
The 2020 Bolt will be available in Raven for an MSRP of $7,999, and the 2020 Bolt R-Spec will be available in Matte Silver for an MSRP of $8,399. Both models will begin arriving at authorized Yamaha dealers in September (October delivery for California dealers).
2020 V Star 250
The light and nimble 2020 V Star 250 delivers smooth power and easy handling in a stylish, entry-level V-twin package. Powered by the only V-Twin in its class, the unique 249cc air-cooled 60-degree engine delivers plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. Lightweight and compact with a low 27-inch seat height, the V Star 250 offers easy handling and maneuverability for first-time riders. With its 2.5-gallon fuel capacity and estimated 78 mpg, there is plenty of time for riding fun between fill-ups.
The 2020 V Star 250 will available in Metallic Silver and begin arriving at authorized Yamaha dealers in September (October delivery for California dealers) for an MSRP of $4,349.
2020 Yamaha V-Star 250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 60 degree, V-twin.
- authentic, air-cooled V-Twin engine design
- long stroke engine design means lots of low end torque
- very linear, novice friendly power delivery
- SOHC, 2-valve cylinder heads.
- tradition & simple 2- valve design
- basic rocker arm valve actuation… simple design that is easy to maintain / adjust
- chromed head covers add style
- Air-cooled engine design.
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- cooling fins have been designed for good cooling even in stop & go traffic
- simple, classic design
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
- Traditional “bore-able” cylinder.
- in the event of an issue, cylinder can be over bored
- Forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
- Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
- Wet sump lubrication system with easy access element type oil filter.
- Single Mikuni BDS26 carb.
- featuring an accelerator pump for crisp throttle response
- convenient handle bar mounted choke lever
- excellent fuel economy
- Classic, chromed air box
- houses an easy access, washable (re-useable) foam air filter
- washable design reduces tune-up costs
- 5-speed transmission.
- ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at higher speeds
- light, easy clutch lever pull
- Chain drive, final drive.
- chain drive provides the most efficient transfer of power (Vs. shaft drive systems)
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Shorty, 2 into 2 exhaust system.
- short design, chromed, shot gun style mufflers produce a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
- Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- Tube type, double cradle steel frame.
- provides a long & low profile with roomy ergonomics
- low 685 mm (27″) seat height
- 32 degree rake angle
- Box section, steel, dual shock swingarm.
- Full-size, 1,488 mm (58.6″) wheelbase ensures maximum stability & a comfortable, roomy ride.
- Wet weight of only 147 kg / 324 lbs. makes the V-Star 250 light, nimble & easy to handle.
- 33 mm fork provides 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel.
- smooth, comfortable ride
- Adjustable dual shock rear suspension with 100 mm (3.9″) of wheel travel.
- 5- step spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions
- Single 282 mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Rear drum brake.
- brake shoe wear indicator
- easy access wing nut adjuster for fast adjustments as brake shoes wear
- Separate rider & passenger seats.
- low-profile rider & passenger seats offer excellent comfort
- low 685 mm (27″) seat height allows riders to put feet firmly on the ground, enhancing confidence
- passenger seat can be removed if desired
- Classic, chromed, spoked wheels.
- front wheel size is 1.60 X 18 with 3.00 – 18 tire
- rear wheel size is MT2.75 with 130/90-15 tire
- Forward mounted, rider foot pegs for that special “custom” riding position.
- Steel front & rear fenders.
- highlight the classic styling of the V-Star 250
- steel design means they are easy to paint or customize
- Stylish “T design” handlebar.
- excellent rider comfort
- aggressive appearance, great styling highlight
- 5 litre fuel tank.
- more smiles & fewer fill-ups thanks to excellent fuel economy
- reserve portion is 2.6 litres (will have to switch petcock to reserve position)
- vacuum type fuel petcock with on – reserve positions (no need to turn petcock to off when finished riding)
- locking fuel cap
- Handlebar mounted speedometer.
- functions include; speedometer, odometer & trip meter
- Bright 65/60 watt headlight.
- Side stand cut out switch prevents the bike from being ridden with the side down
- Traditional fork mounted steering lock
- Helmet lock
- Oil level sight glass
- Low-maintenance (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2020 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,349 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5,299 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60° Vtwin,
Bore x Stroke 49.0mm x 66.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 26mm carburetor
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension / Rear Dual shocks, adjustable preload; 3.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 282mm
Brakes / Rear 130mm drum
Tires / Front 3.00-18
Tires / Rear 130/90-15
L x W x H 86.2 in x 28.0 in x 41.7 in
Seat Height 27.0 in
Wheelbase 58.7 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 32.0°
Trail 4.7 in
Fuel Capacity 2.5 gal / CA model 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 326 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Metallic Silver
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves (2-valves/cyl), 60° V-twin|
|Bore and Stroke|
|49 x 66 mm|
|2.1 kg-m (15.2 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|33kpl / 93.2mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|TCI / Electric|
|33mm fork / 140mm (5.5″) wheel travel|
|Adjustable dual shocks / 100mm (3.9″) wheel travel|
|282mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|9.5 litres (2.1 Imp. gal.)|
|147kg (324 lb)|
2020 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).