IN THE ZONE.
2020 Yamaha YZ65:
Designed for the discriminating mini moto racer that wants to win and propel themselves into the victory zone.
Yamaha won its first World MX Championship before most of today’s aspiring young motocross riders were born – and we’ve always believed in building dirt bikes for everyone, from kids through to seasoned pros.
Welcome to the victorYZone
Featuring a race-bred specification that’s inspired by the flagship YZ450F, the new YZ65 youth motocross bike is the perfect start for any rider who is serious about racing. With an all-new engine and chassis, this high-tech 2-stroke delivers easy-to-use power together with stable handling for enhanced rider confidence.
Equipped with cool YZ450F-inspired bodywork, stylish Yamaha blue rims and an ergonomic riding position, the 2018 YZ65 is the choice of future champions.
Designed for the discriminating mini moto racer that wants to win and propel themselves into the victory zone, the Yamaha YZ65 offers youth riders with the same top-notch performance and reliability of bigger YZ models.
Engineers designed the YZ65 for kids stepping between 50 and 85 cc dirt bikes. Manageable power from the 65 cc two-stroke engine, a miniaturized frame, smaller wheels (compared to the YZ85) and light overall weight are all features designed to allow youth riders to ride faster with confidence.
The YZ65’s liquid-cooled, two-stroke, single-cylinder engine features the Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS), providing excellent power and torque characteristics. The same advanced technologies found in Yamaha’s race-winning YZ125 and YZ250 motocrossers can also be found in the YZ65.
The YZ65 draws upon Yamaha’s decades of leading track performance and proven durability. Adjustable front and rear suspension, a tapered handlebar and YZ450F-inspired bodywork are just a few of the trickle-down highlights of the smallest YZ model.
2020 Yamaha YZ65 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Powerful-feeling 65 cc liquid cooled, single-cylinder 2-stroke engine with Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS)
- Crankcase reed valve
- 6-speed transmission with optimized gear ratios
- Semi-double-cradle steel frame, aluminum subframe
- 36 mm inverted fork with 12 levels of compression and 10 levels of rebound damping for solid front-end feedback
- Monocross rear suspension with 10 levels of adjustment for both rebound and compression damping
- Newly designed aluminum swingarm
- Aluminum tapered handlebar with four positions of adjustability
- New seat for improved comfort, body weight transfer and easy maintenance
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear wheel
- Styling based on high-end YZ models
Yamaha Announces Full Lineup of 2020 Motocross Bikes
Enter the victorYZone with Yamaha’s Newly Redesigned YZ450F
MARIETTA, Ga. – June 4, 2019 – Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, introduces its complete lineup of race-ready 2020 motocross bikes, including the newly redesigned YZ450F, featuring a new engine, frame, and host of other features to deliver a lighter, more powerful, and better handling motocross experience.
“The 2020 YZ450F features design changes which resulted in a lighter, faster, and more nimble handling machine that will once again raise the bar in the 450 class,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s motorsports marketing manager. “Yamaha’s 2020 lineup of four-stroke motocross bikes boasts the most advanced, race-ready machines of their respective classes.”
Also returning for 2020 is the championship-winning Yamaha YZ250F four-stroke motocross bike, along with Yamaha’s legendary two-stroke lineup featuring the YZ250, YZ125, YZ85 and YZ65.
Welcome to the victorYZone
Yamaha off-road competition bikes offer the very latest technology and performance features designed to make enthusiasts the best riders possible, win races and help riders become one with their machine – putting them in the zone and atop the podium.
New 2020 YZ450F: Tune in to Victory
The new 2020 Yamaha YZ65 has been redesigned to provide a lighter, more powerful, and better handling motocross experience. The new 449cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, electric start engine features an all-new compact cylinder head with redesigned combustion chamber shape, steeper valve angles and more aggressive cam profiles. The reward-slanted cylinder houses a higher compression piston with low friction rings attached to a longer connecting rod. The transmission has been refined to provide smoother shifting, and a more efficient crank breather system has been adopted to decrease pumping losses. In all, the lighter, more compact engine produces increased power across the entire RPM range for stronger and more linear pulling power.
The new motor is housed in the latest evolution of Yamaha’s lightweight aluminum bilateral beam frame, which has been redesigned with all-new flex characteristics and provides improved cornering performance, traction and bump reaction to give the rider more confidence to push harder. Other chassis components such as engine mounts, top triple clamp and front axle, as well as the class-leading KYB® suspension with enhanced compression and rebound characteristics were carefully refined to reduce weight while improving handling and performance. To bring the new package to a stop, the 2020 YZ450F features a newly designed front brake caliper, brake pads and front and rear disc. The overall changes of the 2020 YZ450F deliver increased power output with more controllable linear acceleration and lightweight handling characteristics that mimic a YZ250F.
Featuring Yamaha’s advanced racing technology, the new 2020 YZ450F has been updated to give racers the edge right out of the gate. Standard equipment including electric start, a lightweight lithium battery, advanced fuel injection, and a wrap around rear-positioned exhaust deliver powerful and reliable performance while balancing weight for excellent mass-centralization. Racers can achieve quicker, smoother race starts through Yamaha’s Launch Control System, adjust their on-track performance using wireless connectivity through the Yamaha Power Tuner App right from their phone, and now choose between two user defined ECU maps on the fly through the handlebar mounted dual-mode engine map switch.
The new 2020 YZ450F will be available from dealers next month in Team Yamaha Blue and Gray for $9,299 MSRP.
2020 YZ250F: Tune, Race, Win
Last year, the 2019 YZ250F introduced all-new engine, frame, and bodywork designs with features never-before seen on a 250cc class motorcycle to deliver more mid-range and top-end power, and class-leading engine performance. Yamaha’s championship-winning design returns with the 2020 YZ250F.
Sporting an electric start, 250cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine housed in an aluminum bilateral beam frame, and suspended by industry leading KYB spring type forks and KYB rear shock, the 2020 YZ250F provides the ultimate balance of race-winning performance, rideability and comfort. The motorcycle also continues to feature Yamaha’s advanced racing technology including dual-mode switchable engine mapping and wireless connectivity for the Yamaha Power Tuner App.
The 2020 YZ250F will be available from dealers this month in Team Yamaha Blue and Gray for $8,199 MSRP.
2020 YZ125 and YZ250
Yamaha’s YZ125 and YZ250 models return for 2020 to complete Yamaha’s full-size lineup of motocross bikes. Lightweight aluminum frames, Yamaha’s patented Power Valve System (YPVS™), and reed-valve inducted engines provide an incredible power-to-weight ratio while maintaining Yamaha’s excellent reliability and durability. Both the YZ125 and YZ250 each sport industry leading KYB spring-type fork and KYB rear shock for unmatched comfort and performance on the track.
The 2020 YZ125 and YZ250 will begin arriving at Yamaha dealerships this month in Team Yamaha Blue for $6,499 and $7,399 MSRP, respectively.
2020 YZ85 and YZ65
Yamaha’s 2020 youth models, the YZ85 and YZ65, are ready to tackle the track with winning performance out of the gate. They are respectively powered by confidence-inspiring 85cc and 65cc two-stroke engines featuring YPVS for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high RPM — improving rideability and reducing the need for frequent shifting. Industry-leading 36mm KYB spring type forks and KYB rear shock are fully adjustable for compression and rebound, and contribute to class-leading handling and performance in a wide range of conditions. Four-way, adjustable handlebar positioning as well as lever reach adjustability are designed for ultimate rider comfort regardless of size. Finally, with two-stroke ease of maintenance and Yamaha’s proven durability, the 2020 YZ85 and YZ65 are built to keep kids on the track.
The 2020 YZ85 and YZ65 will both be available from dealers this month in Team Yamaha Blue for $4,599 MSRP.
Yamaha bLU cRU Off-Road Racing Contingency
All 2020 YZ models are once again eligible for Yamaha’s bLU cRU Off-Road Racing Contingency Program, with nearly $5 million for Yamaha bLU cRU riders competing in off-road motorcycle racing. YZ riders can earn contingency payouts via a bLU cRU debit card, receive a 10% rebate on GYTR parts and accessory purchases of up to $1,000, and receive an instant $45 credit
2020 Yamaha YZ65 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Powerful-feeling 65 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 2-stroke engine with crankcase reed valve.
- Overall design creates excellent ride character and performance
- Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS).
- Mechanical power valve system delivers effective exhaust timing throughout the entire rev range
- Provides excellent power and torque characteristics
- Delivers responsive acceleration just as the rider intends
- Slit-shaped valve on the side of the exhaust port operates in response to engine rpm
- In low-to-mid-rpm range when exhaust timing is slower, valve moves to cover the top part of the exhaust port
- In high rpm range when quick exhaust timing is needed, valve recedes and exhaust port is fully uncovered
- Valve control governor from YZ125 and YZ250 employed
- 2-petal reed valve.
- Optimized crankshaft balance and lightweight connecting rod.
- Resin weight in crank web creates high primary compression ratio and optimal inertial mass
- Delivers instant power delivery and reduced vibration
- Specialized intake manifold and exhaust pipe.
- Optimal intake and exhaust layout complies with racing regulations
- Short exhaust produces rippling sound unique to a 2-stroke
- Expansion chamber designed for plenty of volume
- Design pays special attention to pulses that occur during combustion flow to contribute to explosive but easy-to-use power
- Exhaust complies with FIM/AMA regulations
- Optimized ignition output produces a stronger, more consistent spark throughout the entire rpm range
- Model-specific CDI unit.
- Digital CDI system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for excellent response
- Short-type spark plug.
- Short design offers better service ability and performance
- 6-speed transmission with optimized gear ratios.
- Ideal number of clutch plates and spring load gives clutch lever a light pull
- Gear ratios fine-tuned for performance
- Fine-tuned air cleaner box.
- Keihin PWK28 carburetor with revised settings (compared to YZ85).
- Downsized radiator (compared to YZ85).
- Drive chain with new dimensions (compared to YZ85).
- Gold colour contributes to bike’s serious racing aesthetic
- Semi-double-cradle steel frame and aluminum subframe.
- Dimensions, rigidity balance and synergy with suspension equals handling that feels light and stable, and willing to lean over in turns
- Lightweight, bolt-on aluminum subframe contributes to mass-centralization
- Inverted 36 mm KYB front fork with 215 mm (8.5 in) of wheel travel.
- Design combines handling with a light, stable feel and a solid connection to the ground
- 36 mm inner tubes ensure planted feeling when entering corners and excellent shock absorption when going over bumps
- Outer tubes made of aluminum alloy for excellent rigidity and front-end feel
- Adjustable compression (12 levels) and rebound (10 levels) damping to fine-tune handling and performance on the track
- Aluminum steering stem developed for rigidity balance
- KYB link-less Monocross rear suspension with 270 mm (10.6 in) of wheel travel.
- Design provides smooth damping feel and doesn’t bottom out when absorbing shocks
- Shock absorber has 10 levels of adjustment for both rebound and compression damping to fine-tune handling and performance
- Aluminum swingarm.
- Rigidity balance is tuned for YZ65’s frame, delivering light handling feel and easy lean-in characteristics
- Swingarm end designed with ease of maintenance in mind
- Resin chain guard designed not to get caught up in ruts that the small wheel will travel through
- Tapered aluminum handlebar with 4-position adjustability.
- Handlebar adjusts 27 mm to match a child’s growth
- Handlebar crown made of cast aluminum for light weight and strength
- Seat designed for comfort and easy maintenance.
- Seat design facilitates body weight transfer for enhanced on-track performance and rider confidence
- Single bolt under the seat cushioning makes seat removal easier
- Bodywork based on high-end YZ models.
- Body panels have a soft, gentle look
- Styling follows the YZ design language of horizontal lines
- Colours and graphics similar to the flagship YZ450F
- Wave-style disc brakes.
- Sporty wave-style rotors are lighter than conventional rotors and offer improved self-cleaning action in dirty conditions
- 14-inch (front) and 12-inch (rear) blue Excel rims with Maxxis SI tires.
- Maxxis SI tires offer good grip across a variety of track conditions
- Blue Excel rims offer high quality and race-minded looks
- Adjustable clutch and front brake levers
- Grippy footpegs
- Fuel capacity is 3.5 litres
- Bead lock on rear wheel
- Folding shift lever tip helps prevent damage
2020 Yamaha YZ65 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,599 – Team Yamaha Blue
Canada MSRP Price: $ 5599 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £3999 (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 65cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke 43.5mm x 43.6mm
Compression Ratio 8.1~9.1:1
Fuel Delivery Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
Transmission 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression
and rebound damping; 8.5-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock, adjustable compression and
rebound damping; 10.6-in travel
Brakes / Front 198mm hydraulic disc
Brakes / Rear 190mm hydraulic disc
Tires / Front 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
Tires / Rear 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
L x W x H 63.5 in x 30.0 in x 39.5 in
Seat Height 29.5 in
Wheelbase 45.0 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.4°
Trail 2.5 in
Fuel Capacity 0.9 gal
Wet Weight 134 lb
Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha YZ65 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|2-stroke, liquid-cooled, crankcase-reed-valve single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|43.5 x 43.6 mm|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Kick|
|Constant mesh, 6-speed|
|Fully adjustable 36 mm inverted fork / 215 mm (8.5″) wheel travel|
|Fully adjustable Monocross / 270 mm (10.6″) wheel travel|
|198 mm wave disc / twin-piston caliper|
|190 mm wave disc / single-piston caliper|
|1,615 mm (63.6″)|
|760 mm (29.9″)|
|1,000 mm (39.4″)|
|1,140 mm (44.9″)|
|265 mm (10.4″)|
|755 mm (29.7″)|
|3.5 litres (0.8 imp. gal.)|
|61 kg (134.5lb)|
|Yamaha Racing Blue|
2020 Yamaha YZ65 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
- Engine type
- 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed valve with YPVS
- Bore x stroke
- 43.5 mm x 43.6 mm
- Compression ratio
- 8.1 : 1
- Lubrication system
- Clutch type
- Wet, multiple-disc coil spring
- Ignition system
- CDI (digital)
- Starter system
- Transmission system
- Final transmission
- Fuel system
- Fuel system
- Front travel
- 215 mm
- Caster angle
- Front suspension system
- Telescopic forks
- Rear suspension system
- Adjustable preload and rebound damping, (monocross)
- Rear travel
- 270 mm
- Front brake
- Hydraulic single disc, Ø198 mm
- Rear brake
- Hydraulic single disc, Ø190 mm
- Front tyre
- 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI®
- Rear tyre
- 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI®
- Overall length
- 1615 mm
- Overall width
- 760 mm
- Overall height
- 1000 mm
- Seat height
- 755 mm
- Wheel base
- 1140 mm
- Minimum ground clearance
- 265 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank)
- 61 kg
- Fuel tank capacity
- Oil tank capacity
2020 Yamaha YZ65 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).