2022 Yamaha XT250 : GO ANYWHERE DUAL SPORT.
Introducing the new 2022 Yamaha XT250…
With electric start and a low seat height, the light, nimble and reliable XT250 is built to go wherever you go. On‑ or off‑road.
Whether commuting to work or hitting the back country for a day of exploring, the ultra-reliable XT250 is a fun-loving dual sport bike that’s easy to ride. Light & nimble, with a low seat height, the fuel-injected XT250 offers great versatility. Your adventure starts here.
76 MPG Estimated
2022 Yamaha XT250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Advanced Long-Travel Suspension
- Long-travel suspension and more than 11.2 inches of ground clearance live under a seat that’s only 31.9 inches from the ground.
- Modern Fuel Injection
- The XT250’s fuel injection offers smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Convenient Electric Start
- Electric start makes firing up the 249cc four-stroke effortless.
- Dual Disc Brakes
- 245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
2022 Yamaha XT250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- The 249 cc, air-cooled, fuel-injected, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces easy to use power for daily commuting or exploring the back country.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy, no-hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- straight intake and exhaust tracts for excellent combustion chamber filling and discharge
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw-type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Direct ceramic composite-plated cylinder uses “liner-less” bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner and reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder and piston, reducing friction and increasing power
- Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster throttle response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
- Lightweight, ball-bearing-mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- Multi-plate wet clutch is utilized.
- Clutch lever pull is light and easy.
- Easy-access element-type oil filter and drain plug for fast oil changes.
- 33 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS)
- 10-hole injector for optimum fuel atomization
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy and reduced emissions
- 8-litre air box
- located under the seat & utilizes an easy to access viscous (paper type) air filter
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpm
- Wide-ratio 5-speed transmission with multi-plate wet clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on- & off-road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- clutch lever pull is light & easy
- Up-swept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet and environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Air Induction System (AIS)
- injects fresh oxygen into the exhaust port to insure complete combustion
- reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Semi-double-cradle steel frame.
- overall “wet” weight of 132 kg (291 lb) makes the XT250 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market
- Rugged, box-section steel swingarm
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 35 mm KYB fork with 225 mm (8.9″) of wheel travel.
- soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off road
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) protect fork seals and tubes from dirt and grit damage
- Lightweight aluminum lower triple clamp reduces weight.
- Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 180 mm (7.1″) of wheel travel.
- 20 mm (0.8″) of threaded spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to adjust spring preload to match load or riding conditions
- Low 810 mm (31.9″) seat height
- creates a low centre of gravity for added manoeuvrability
- inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet on the ground
- 285 mm (11.2″) of ground clearance enhances off-road use.
- 245 mm front disc brake with twin-piston Nissin caliper provides plenty of stopping power.
- 203 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single-piston Nissin caliper
- rugged plastic rear caliper protector
- 6-litre steel fuel tank
- in-tank electric fuel pump
- “reserve” portion of the tank is 1.8 litres (low fuel light illuminates)
- 21″ front & 18″ rear DID alloy rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance
- Long, YZ-inspired seat.
- creates a balanced riding position with good rider mobility
- provides roomy comfort for both rider and passenger
- 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight
- small fairing helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- Compact digital instrumentation.
- functions includes: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated) and clock
- other features include low fuel warning light, engine warning light and self-diagnosis function
- Serrated, folding steel footpegs
- Folding gear shift and rear brake lever tips
- Helmet lock
- Locking steering and fuel cap
- Passenger foot pegs and grab rails
- Durable “O” ring chain
- Oil level sight glass
- Flexible turn signals
- Rubber “boots” on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage/wear
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2022 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5199 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5699 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 249cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke single; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 74.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 35mm telescopic fork; 8.9-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound
damping; 7.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Single disc, 245mm
Brakes / Rear Single disc, 203mm
Tires / Front 2.75-21
Tires / Rear 120/80-18
L x W x H 84.6 in x 31.7 in x 45.7 in
Seat Height 31.9 in
Wheelbase 53.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.4°
Trail 4.2 in
Fuel Capacity 2.6 gal / CA model, 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 76 mpg
Wet Weight*** 291 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Radical Gray
2022 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
ENGINE Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE 74 x 58 mm
COMPRESSION RATIO 9.5:1
MAXIMUM TORQUE 2.0kg-m (14.5 ft-lb) @ 6,500 rpm
FUEL DELIVERY Mikuni 33 mm throttle body fuel injection
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION± 32.2 kpl / 91 mpg (Imp.)
LUBRICATION Wet sump
IGNITION / STARTING TCI / Electric Start
TRANSMISSION Constant mesh, 5-speed
FINAL DRIVE Chain
SUSPENSION (FRONT) 35 mm fork / 225 mm (8.9″) wheel travel
SUSPENSION (REAR) Adjustable Link Monocross / 180 mm (7.1″) wheel travel
BRAKES (FRONT) 245 mm disc / twin piston caliper
BRAKES (REAR) 203 mm disc / single piston caliper
TIRES (FRONT) 2.75 x 21
TIRES (REAR) 120/80-18
LENGTH 2,150 mm (84.6″)
WIDTH 805 mm (31.7″)
HEIGHT 1,160 mm (45.7″)
WHEELBASE 1,360 mm (53.5″)
GROUND CLEARANCE 285 mm (11.2″)
SEAT HEIGHT 830 mm (32.7″)
FUEL CAPACITY 9.6 litres (2.1 imp. gallons)
WET WEIGHT 132kg (291 lb)
2022 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).