2023 Kawasaki KLX230R: GET OUT AND ENJOY OFF-ROADING.
Introducing the 2023 Kawasaki KLX230R…
The Kawasaki KLX230R and KLX230R S are full-size recreational trail bikes for off-road adventures. They share the same trail-focused engine and frame design as well as long travel suspension with ample ground clearance for enhanced off-road capability. The only difference between the two is that the KLX230R S has modified suspension that lowers overall seat height by one inch from the KLX230R. It’s just another way Kawasaki helps ensure that there is an affordable, capable, and durable motorcycle in the KLX lineup for every rider in the family to get out and enjoy off-road adventures.
Take trail adventuring to the next level. With long-travel suspension, and ample ground clearance, KLX230R lightweight, full-size recreational trail bikes are purpose-built for serious fun in the dirt.
The KLX230R recreational off-road motorcycle is powered by a 233cc fuel-injected, air-cooled single, tuned for low- to mid-range power.
PLATFORM WITH PURPOSE
The compact perimeter frame, short wheelbase and a low seat height offer the handling needed for confident trail riding. The KLX230R trail bike features a seat height of 36.4-inch vs. 35.4-inches on the KLX230R S trail bike.
PLATFORM WITH PURPOSE
Designing the engine and chassis at the same time was key to making the KLX230R play bike as agile, balanced and reliable as possible, appealing to new riders and fun for experienced riders.
CONFIDENT TRAIL RIDING
Long-travel suspension, featuring a 37mm front fork and Uni-Trak single-shock rear suspension, soak up bumps with ease contributing to rider comfort and control on rugged terrain.
TAKE ON THE TRAILS
Designed from the ground up for dirt fun. That’s why the KLX230R off-road motorcycle features long-travel suspension, front and rear disc brakes and full-size wheels.
READY WHEN YOU ARE
A spark-arrestor silencer means the KLX230R motorcycle is ready to hit the trails in all 50 states. A California green sticker model is available for year-round trail access.
BLAZE YOUR OWN TRAILS
With long-travel suspension, light weight and ample ground clearance, the KLX230R is the ideal off-road adventure partner for pure off-road performance.
2023 Kawasaki KLX230R Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- 233cc FUEL-INJECTED, AIR-COOLED FOUR-STROKE SINGLE
- CAPABLE OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE
- TRAIL-TUNED LONG-TRAVEL SUSPENSION
- FUEL-INJECTED, AIR-COOLED, FOUR-STROKE ENGINE
- ELECTRIC START
- STEEL PERIMETER FRAME
- LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
- FULL-SIZE WHEELS
- KX-INSPIRED ERGONOMICS
- 50-STATE MODEL IS ELIGIBLE FOR CALIFORNIA “GREEN STICKER” REGISTRATION
- Hassle-free electric start
- Full-size wheels
- KX -inspired styling and ergonomics
- 36.4-inch seat height
GET OUT AND PLAY
The Kawasaki KLX off-road lineup brings fun to novice and experienced riders alike and is widely popular for its easy-to-ride character, incredible capabilities while on trails and low maintenance needs. For 2023, Kawasaki welcomes the return of its KLX300R, KLX230R, KLX230R S, KLX140R, KLX140R L, KLX140R F, KLX110R, and KLX110R L models that are built to suit a wide variety of riders.
2023 Kawasaki KLX230R Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Long-stroke engine provides ample low-mid range torque for easy low-speed control and a strong pull at smaller throttle openings.
• Simple air-cooled SOHC design helps ease maintenance.
• Digital Fuel Injection (DFI)(KP) helps deliver smooth, precise throttle response for increased engine control on the trail. Fuel injection also provides stable fuel delivery by automatically adjusting for air temperature and changes in altitude, which contributes to cleaner emissions.
• DFI provides consistent starting whether the engine is hot or cold, and combined with the electric starter button makes firing up the engine easy.
• Tuned exhaust contributes to the engine’s easy-to-use performance, and the tapered muffler with oval cross section helps provide a strong off-road image.
• Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission combined with short final gearing complements the engine’s low-mid range power focus to make navigating tight trails easier
• High-tensile steel perimeter frame was specifically designed to enhance trail performance for increased rider confidence.
• The frame and engine were designed together. Engine height was minimized to help create an optimal frame line for an ideal rigidity balance and precisely positioned center of gravity.
• The frame was also designed so riders can easily grip it with their legs for increased rider control and feedback. Flush seams between the shrouds, seat and side covers, combined with a relatively flat seat design, also aids rider control and help provide freedom of movement.
• Short wheelbase contributes easy maneuverability on the trail.
• Fine-tuned suspension contributes to ample ground clearance for increased trail riding performance.
KLX230R S has slightly modified suspension to lower seat height by one inch to allow more riders to comfortably reach the ground to help boost riding confidence.
• New Uni-Trak(KP) rear suspension system provides a supple ride over small bumps without sacrificing stiffness to absorb bigger bumps.
• Gas-pressurized single rear shock is adjustable for preload to help riders set the bike up for their weight.
• Petal disc brakes provide sure stopping power.
• Full-size aluminum wheels, 21-inch front and 18-inch rear, increase trail-riding performance.
• Kawasaki KX styling influences provide an agile, aggressive image
• Large, birght headlight with a 55/60W halogen element offers excellent illumination.
50-STATE MODEL ELIGIBLE FOR CALIFORNIA “GREEN STICKER” REGISTRATION
• In order to meet California’s emissions standards for off-highway vehicles, 50-State model designated for use in California is equipped with the following features:
• Steel fuel tank with locking cap
• Key-type ignition
• FI indicator lamp in the engine kill switch to indicate any FI malfunction
2023 Kawasaki KLX230R – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4749 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ NA GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Air-Cooled, SOHC, 2-Valve Single
Displacement 233 cc
Bore & Stroke 67.0 x 66.0 mm
Compression Ratio 9.4:1
Fuel System DFI with 32mm throttle body
Ignition TCBI with Electronic Advance
Rake/Trail 26.5°/4.4 (KLX230R)/25.7°/4.3 (KLX230R S) in.
Front Wheel Travel 9.8 (KLX230R)/8.7 (KLX230R S) in.
Rear Wheel Travel 9.9 (KLX230R)/8.8 (KLX230R S) in.
Front Tire Size 80/100-21
Rear Tire Size 100/100-18
Front Suspension 37mm Telescopic Fork
Rear Suspension New Uni-Trak with Adjustable Preload
Wheelbase 53.5 (KLX230R)/53.1 (KLX230R S) in.
Front Brake Type 240mm Petal Disc
Rear Brake Type 220mm Petal Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity 1.7 (49-state)/2.0 (50-state) gal.
Ground Clearance 11.8 (KLX230R)/10.8 (KLX230R S) in.
Seat Height 36.4 (KLX230R)/35.4 (KLX230R S) in.
Curb Weight= 253.6 (49-state)/262.3 (50-state) lb.
Warranty 6 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12, 24 or 36 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.) Ask about the Good Times Credit Plan.
Ask about Kawasaki’s Team Green amateur rider support program.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.* = Changes from previous model year.
= = Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
2023 Kawasaki KLX230R – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Engine 233cc, air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC 2-valve single
Bore x Stroke 67.0 x 66.0 mm
Compression Ratio 9.4:1
Fuel System Fuel injection: ø32 mm x 1
Lubrication Forced lubrication, wet sump
Transmission 6-speed, return
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Final Drive Chain
Frame Perimeter, high-tensile steel
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel ø37 mm telescopic fork / 250 mm (9.8 in)
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel New Uni Trak with adjustable spring preload / 251 mm (9.9 in)
Rake / Trail 26.5° / 113 mm
Steering Angle (L/R) 45° / 45°
Front Tire 80/100-21 51M
Rear Tire 100/100-18 59M
Front Brake ø240 mm petal disc with dual-piston caliper
Rear Brake ø220 mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
Dimensions (L x W x H) 2,045 x 840 x 1,200 mm (80.5 x 33.1 x 47.2 in)
Wheelbase 1,360 mm (53.5 in)
Road Clearance 300 mm (11.8 in)
Seat Height 925 mm (36.4 in)
Curb Mass** 115 kg (254 lb)
Fuel Capacity 6.6 litres
Warranty 6 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months
2023 Kawasaki KLX230R – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).