Introducing the 2024 Kawasaki KLR650S ABS…
Retaining all of the attributes of the KLR650 as a versatile, highly-comfortable, long-range adventure-seeking machine, the KLR650 S is a lowered version that allows a wider range of riders to enjoy the KLR experience.
Shorter suspension and seat lower the seat height just over two inches to help give riders better footing for greater confidence and increased enjoyment. The KLR650 S is one capable partner that is ready to take riders anywhere they wish to go and on whatever roads they wish to travel.
The KLR650 S is built off the reputable and reliable KLR650 platform and carries over all the same great features including its fuel-injected 652cc single-cylinder engine, multi-functional digital instrumentation panel, high-tensile double-cradle frame, and LED headlight. The KLR650 S is fitted with lowered front and rear suspension with dedicated settings that help enhance the rider’s reach to the ground yet retain the excellent handling and comfort characteristics of the KLR650. Accompanying the lower suspension settings is a low seat, optimized shifter-to-footpeg distance, and a shorter side stand. The 2024 KLR650 S is available in two colorways with Firecracker Red / Metallic Carbon Gray and Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Carbon Gray and the KLR650 S ABS is available in the same two colorways.
2024 Kawasaki KLR650S ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- FUEL-INJECTED ENGINE
- COMFORTABLE UPRIGHT RIDING POSITION
- TWO-POSITION ADJUSTABLE WINDSCREEN
- ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM (ABS) OPTION
- DIGITAL INSTRUMENTATION
- RELAXED RIDING POSITION
KAWASAKI ANNOUNCES FALL RELEASE OF 2024 STREET MOTORCYCLES
No matter what type of motorcycle you’re looking for, Kawasaki’s 2024 lineup has the model for you as it welcomes the return of several retro sport, hypernaked, supernaked, mini naked, hypersport, supersport, sport, retro classic, cruisers, adventure touring, and dual-sport models to its street motorcycle lineup. These 2024 model-year motorcycles are set to arrive in Kawasaki dealerships during the fall months so that riders can continue to “Let the Good Times Roll.”
2024 Kawasaki KLR650S ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The KLR 650 S’s proven engine design produces a flat power curve that lets riders navigate trails and cruise at freeways speeds effortlessly. Strong mid-range focused performance and ample generator capacity meets the needs of riders heading out for an adventure.
652cc 4-Stroke Single Cylinder Engine
• Equipped with Kawasaki Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) for easy starting in varying conditions. A 10-hole fine-atomizing injector sprays 60 micron droplets, which contributes to efficient air-fuel mixing for more efficient combustion and better fuel mileage.
• Intake and exhaust cam profiles emphasize mid-range torque characteristics, while strong cam chain guide material and shape contributes to reliability.
• Exhaust pipe design contributes to the mid-range torque characteristics in the speed range used in most common riding situations. The exhaust pipe has smooth bends for greater efficiency throughout the powerband.
• To meet the power needs of grip heaters, fog lamps and other electrical accessories, generator output is 26 amps. Since the LED headlight also draws less power, a total capacity of 80 watts is available to power accessories (depending on usage).
• Sealed battery helps reduce maintenance.
Double Engine Balancer
• Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline for rider comfort and less fatigue on long rides.
Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)
• Automatically lifts exhaust valve at cranking rpm to make starting easy and eliminate the need for a manual compression release.
• For easy and convenient starting.
• Helps protect the engine from rocks and other debris.
U.S. Forest Service-Approved Spark Arrester
• Allows access to designated public riding areas.
• Very quiet muffler for low noise output in sensitive riding areas.
Semi-Double Cradle Frame
• High-tensile steel frame has an integrated rear sub-frame for great torsional rigidity that contributes to a highly composed ride.
• Swingarm and pivot shaft design also contribute to superb handling at highway speeds.
Larger Disc Brakes
• Large 300mm front disc and 240mm rear disc provide strong braking power.
Available Dual Purpose ABS
• Jointly developed with Bosch, Kawasaki’s Dual Purpose ABS is carefully tuned to assist riders with stopping effectively in a short distance whether on the road or in the dirt.
Long Travel Suspension
• Lower front and rear suspension than the KLR 650 with optimized settings complement the frame to help provide a planted feel and contribute to a lower seat height.
• Firm fork springs provide excellent bump compliance and bottoming resistance while also reducing front-end dive under heavy braking.
• Firm rear shock settings help resist bottoming in rough terrain and accommodate heavy loads.
• Fork and shock settings complement each other for light, sharp handling on smooth roads while providing rough road and off-road capability.
• 41mm front fork adds rigidity and is set for superb performance.
• Uni-Trak rear suspension linkage complements the front fork settings.
• D-section swingarm enhances traction and has forged axle holders that are lightweight and rigid.
• Uni-Trak rear suspension linkage lowers the center of gravity for smooth handling.
• Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride.
• Features a 5-way preload shock absorber with stepless rebound damping. You can tune the ride to match the load and riding conditions.
• Designed to provide a good compromise between the requirements of on and off-road riding.
• ABS intervention timing is later than normal on-road ABS due to decreased traction on the dirt. This helps provide a more natural brake feel in the dirt as the tires may slide slightly before the ABS is activated. On pavement it feels like normal ABS with a less-sensitive setting
• Strong rear rim provides torsional rigidity and durability.
• Large axles contribute to the composed feel and handling.
• Tube-type tires allow easy road or trailside repairs.
• Dual-position windscreen can be raised more than an inch from standard for improved wind protection.
• Seat shape, supple seat cover, and optimized urethane thickness and firmness all contribute to excellent ride comfort. Rubber dampers under the seat where it contacts the frame further contribute to comfort on longer rides.
• Ergonomically shaped grab bars provide passenger comfort.
• Standard hand guards provide excellent wind protection.
• All-digital instrument panel offers at-a-glance information on a large-display, easy-to-read LCD screen with white backlighting. Features include a speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, clock and indicator lamps. The narrow display list prioritizes visibility of the speedometer and fuel gauge.
• Standard accessory mounting bar above the meter provides convenient location for attaching GPS and phone holders. The naturally upright riding position is fine-tuned and vibrations minimized to provide a comfortable ride during long-distance exploration.
• Seat thickness is trimmed 1.4 inches compared to the KLR 650 to help create an easier reach to the ground. Optimized foam firmness maintains all of the KLR 650’s comfort standards.
• The handlebars and footpegs are rubber mounted to help isolate vibration.
• Fuel tank design provides a natural fit for the rider’s knees and provides generous riding range.
Rugged Adventure Appearance
• Aggressive front cowling is positioned to minimize weight on the front wheel for better ride feel.
• Side shrouds now feature integrated tip-over protectors.
• LED headlight provides ample lighting while drawing less power and contributing to the rugged, sporty appearance.
• Taillight and turn signal design complements the rugged styling.
• The colors were purposely selected to highlight the machine’s toughness. Pearl colors and gloss sections add to the design.
• Modern textured graphics on plastic parts help increase the machine’s presence.
• Black coated rims add to the rugged appearance.
2024 Kawasaki KLR650S ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7,199 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $8,299 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ NA GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 4-Stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
Bore x Stroke 100.0 x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.8:1
Fuel System DFI® with 40mm throttle body
Transmission 5-speed, return shift with wet multi-disc manual clutch
Final Drive Sealed chain
Electronic Rider Aids Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
Maximum Torque 39.1 lb.-ft. @ 4,500rpm
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm telescopic fork/ 6.7 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni-Trak® single shock with adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload/7.0 in
Front Tire 90/90-21
Rear Tire 130/80-17
Front Brakes Single 300mm disc with 2-piston calipers (and ABS)
Rear Brakes Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper (and ABS)
Frame Type Tubular, semi-double cradle
Rake/Trail 29.5°/4.6 in
Overall Length 88.8 in
Overall Width 38.2 in
Overall Height 56.3/54.9 in (screen hi/lo)
Ground Clearance 7.3 in
Seat Height 32.1 in
Curb Weight 460.6 lb* (ABS), 456.2 lb* (non-ABS)
Fuel Capacity 6.1 gal
Wheelbase 59.6 in
Color Choices Pearl Crystal White/Metallic Carbon Gray, Firecracker Red/Metallic Carbon Gray
Warranty 12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional) 12, 24, or 36 months
2024 Kawasaki KLR650S ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Engine 652cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC 4-valve single
Bore x Stroke 100.0 x 83.0 mm
Compression Ratio 9.8:1
Fuel System Fuel injection: ø40 mm x 1
Ignition Transistorised ignition
Lubrication Forced lubrication, wet sump
Transmission 5-speed, return
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Final Drive Chain
Frame Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel ø41 mm telescopic fork / 170 mm (6.7 in)
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni Trak, single shock with adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 177 mm (7.0 in)
Rake / Trail 29.5° / 118 mm
Steering Angle (L/R) 44° / 44°
Front Tire 90/90-21M/C 54S
Rear Tire 130/80-17M/C 65S
Front Brake ø300 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
Rear Brake ø240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
Dimensions (L x W x H) 2,255 x 970 x 1,430/1,395 mm (high/low) (88.8 x 38.2 x 56.3/54.9 in (high/low))
Wheelbase 1,515 mm (59.6 in)
Road Clearance 185 mm (7.3 in)
Seat Height 815 mm (32.1 in)
Curb Mass** 209 kg (461 lb)
Fuel Capacity 23 litres
Instrumentation LCD screen with speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, clock and indicator lamps
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months
2024 Kawasaki KLR650S ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).