Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2001 Honda CBR600F4i
Introducing the 2001 CBR600F4i! The 1999 AMA Pro Honda Oils 600 SuperSport Champion gets a major redesign-more power, programmed fuel injection, a retuned Pro Frame, and aggressive new styling.
NEW FOR 2001
· The 2001 CBR600F4i produces 5 percent more peak power at 12,500 rpm and tips the scale at 169 kilograms dry-the lightest, most powerful 600 supersport Honda has ever made.
· Cylinder head now features two springs per intake valve and hardened intake valve seats for even better high-rpm valve operation and durability.
· Honda’s latest programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) and electronic digital ignition maximize power output and offer immediate throttle response.
· High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel to four injectors, each mounted in a 38mm throttle body, at 50 psi. Fuel is delivered through four nozzle tips in each injector, producing a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
· A precise throttle sensor and sophisticated fuel injection mapping combine to produce smooth and linear throttle response, responding easily to fine throttle adjustments.
· Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
· Total volume of the ram air ducts and airbox are increased 15 percent-2 litres-for improved airflow at high-rpm operation.
· Exhaust header pipe length and internal muffler baffling are redesigned for improved high-rpm output while maintaining the F4’s impressive mid-range power.
· California version utilizes air injection system and a three-way exhaust catalyzer to meet California Air Resources Board (CARB) 2004 Tier 1 emissions standard, reducing emissions of hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and nitrous oxides (NOx).
· New eight-plate clutch for even better performance in demanding riding conditions.
· Redesigned shift lever assembly improves shifting feel.
· Rear sprocket changed from 45-tooth to 46-tooth design for improved acceleration in all gears.
· Chassis improvements increase lateral frame rigidity 7.4 percent and torsional frame rigidity 10.9 percent for enhanced road feel and even better handling. Additional casting ribs are added to the Pro Frame(tm) headpipe and frame side plates; center and rear engine hangers and collars are strengthened to increase torsional rigidity of the engine and frame; swingarm mounting shaft and collars are strengthened and supported by needle bearings; strengthened lower rear shock bracket assures minimal shock shaft flex and smooth operation.
· Twin front calipers feature four pistons each; pistons have a molybdenum/anodic-oxide coating and Teflon-coated rollback seals to enhance braking feel under repeated hard use.
· CBR929RR-style aluminum-alloy hollow-spoke wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
· Fuel tank capacity increased to 18.0 litres, including 3.4 litre reserve.
· All-new bodywork features aggressive dual headlight design and black anodized frame and swingarm.
· New dual headlight design features computer-designed multi-reflectors with one left-side-mounted 55-watt H7 low beam and one right-side-mounted 55-watt H7 high beam; the asymmetrical low-beam mode is complemented by the operation of both lights in high-beam mode for superb lighting in nighttime riding conditions.
· New instrument display features analog tachometer with white numerals and needle indicator on a black face design; LCD digital displays for speedometer, odometer, A/B tripmeter, fuel reserve, clock, and coolant temperature; warning lights for coolant temperature, oil temperature, fuel injection, and over-rev; indicator lights for low/high beam, turn indicator, and neutral.
· New lightweight aluminum upper cowl stay also serves as mounting bracket for mirrors and instrument housing.
· All-new two-tone Metallic Silver/Black, Red/Black and Pearl White/Red paint schemes feature the Honda racing wing logo.
· High-output, liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve four-stroke engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm with a straight intake tract contributing to superb power throughout the rpm range.
· Inclined cylinder-head cover mating surface permits higher placement of the intake camshaft for a straight intake tract providing excellent engine efficiency and power.
· RC45(tm)-inspired aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation than conventional sleeves.
· Aluminum alloy pistons feature LUB-Coat solid lubricant to minimize friction between the piston and cylinder wall.
· Ram-air provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox, utilizing a two-stage system that precisely balances air pressure within the carburetor float and vacuum chambers with the air flowing through their bores, providing sharp throttle response, linear power delivery and incredible performance at all speeds.
· Four transistorized direct-ignition coils integrate spark plug cap and high tension lead to produce a high-voltage, long-duration spark, providing maximum performance at high engine output levels.
· Electronic ignition CPU provides digital 3-D mapping for cylinder pairs, creating ideal spark advance settings for all riding conditions.
· Four-into-two-into-one exhaust system feeds single high-output polished stainless steel muffler for maximum power and efficiency.
· Direct, shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 25,000 kilometre maintenance intervals.
· Mechanical automatic cam-chain tensioner provides quiet, reliable service.
· Engine cooling system features a series-flow pattern that reduces piston crown and spark plug seat temperatures, resulting in increased power.
· Bearingless water pump is lightweight and features high-efficiency design.
· High-capacity liquid-cooled oil cooler contributes to lightweight engine design.
· Clutch cover integrates pulser cover and is lighter than traditional designs.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission features ratios carefully matched to engine’s power band.
· Pro Frame(tm) design consists of an aluminum twin-spar frame and extruded aluminum swingarm. The Pro Frame design locates the lightweight extruded aluminum box-section swingarm via a combined pivot in both the frame and the rear of the engine, producing superb handling and stability with excellent control.
· Lightweight aluminum, detachable rear subframe section.
· Rigid, 43mm HMAS(tm) front fork offers rebound, compression damping and spring preload adjustability.
· 40mm HMAS rear shock assembly utilizes Pro-Link(r) design with external reservoir for plush feel and excellent, well-controlled damping for all types of riding.
· Sintered brake pads and 296mm floating front discs provide the ultimate stopping power.
· Hydraulic rear disc brake features single-piston caliper and 220mm disc.
· 120/70ZR-17 Z-rated front tire and 180/55ZR-17 Z-rated rear tire provide superb traction.
· Durable, lightweight #525 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
· Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
· Front fairing and rear seat cowl utilize few parts for simpler servicing.
· Rear cowl storage box for U-type and cable locking devices (not included) under the passenger seat.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Tank pad.
· Magnetic tank bag.
· Cycle cover.
599cc Liquid-cooled, inline-four
Bore and Stroke
67mm X 42.5mm
12.0 : 1
DOHC, 4-valve, shim-under bucket
PGM-FI with auto choke
O ring chain
43mm, cartridge fork, with adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping, 120mm travel
Pro-link, single shock with adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping, 120mm travel
120/70ZR – 17
180/55ZR – 17
Dual 296mm floating discs with four piston calipers
Single 220mm disc with single piston caliper
169 kg (370 lb.)
18.0 litres (3.8 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.