Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Inspired by Honda’s conquering RC211V five-cylinder MotoGP bike, the all-new CBR600RR’s revolutionary GP-derived technology and design are destined to dominate the track and the street.
Unique CBR600RR Features
· Unit Pro-Link rear suspension and swingarm design inspired by RC211V.
· Dual Stage Fuel Injection system features two injectors per cylinder.
· High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
· New-style centre-up exhaust system.
· Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.
· New Line Beam Headlight features three-piece reflector design.
· All new liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
· High-revving engine has 15,000-rpm redline (CBR600F4i redlines at 14,200), wider powerband and more over-rev than CBR600F4i.
· New engine is more compact-engine length is now 236mm versus 266mm — which helps move the rider forward 70mm.
· New iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
· Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder — one upper and one lower — controlled by an ECU that senses rpm and throttle opening. The lower injector enhances rideability while the upper injector improves top-end horsepower. At lower rpm only the lower injector is working. Above 5500 rpm, both injectors are activated. The system uses 40mm throttle bodies.
· New Denso injectors with 12 laser-drilled holes deliver a finely atomized fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.
· Auto enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
· Two-stage ram-air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
· Airbox volume increased to 15 litres (compared with the CBR600F4i) for improved performance.
· Cylinder head features angled valve inset to improve air flow.
· Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and two springs per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 24,000 kilometre maintenance intervals.
· New lighter pistons, piston pins and nutless connecting rods contribute to higher revving engine.
· New double-pivot cam-chain tensioner improves cam chain durability.
· Starter gears moved to the right side for increased lean angle.
· New lightweight aluminum oil cooler.
· Centre-up muffler design increases lean angle and reduces wind drag.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission is closely matched to the engine’s powerband.
· Completely new die cast aluminum frame utilizes new manufacturing methods to provide optimum rigidity while reducing weight. Frame is tuned for precise handling characteristics.
· Large, 45mm cartridge front fork offers rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustability.
· New Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after RC211V GP racer. In this system, the upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame-mount for the shock, this unique system eliminates negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners. The HMAS shock offers rebound and compression damping, and spring preload adjustability.
· Rear swingarm technology derived from RC211V.
· Braking system features twin four-piston front calipers, dual 310mm front discs and a single 220mm rear disc for optimum stopping power.
· New centre-up exhaust system features four-into-two-into-one design for increased performance and aerodynamics.
· Handlebars located below top triple-clamp for precise handling.
· Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
· Centrally mounted 18-litre fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design. This design positions the rider 70mm forward for optimum handling.
· New plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
· New Line Beam Headlight features three- piece reflector design (first in the world) utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution, and unique compact design.
· New instrumentation is more compact and features tachometer, speedometer and fuel gauge.
· Attractive hollow-spoke aluminum alloy wheels feature race spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
· Increased radiator capacity to match increased engine performance.
· New one-piece fan assembly increases cooling efficiency.
· Maintenance-free battery.
· Optional seat cowl.
· Compact rear cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices (lock not included) under the passenger seat.
· Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn signal switch.
599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
67mm x 42.5mm
DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
#525 O-ring-sealed chain
45mm HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 120mm travel
Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 120mm travel
Dual 310mm discs with four-piston calipers
Single 220mm disc
1390mm (54.7 in.)
820mm (32.3 in.)
168 kg. (370 lb.)
18 litres (4.0 imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.