Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6RR
The new SuperSport King.
The middleweight class wars are hotter than ever. And with the new, technologically superior, lighter and faster Ninja® ZX-6RR, bragging rights belong to Kawasaki. The limited-production 599cc ZX-6RR is designed to be the next National and World SuperSport champion. The slimmer, GP-style bodywork hides a lightweight, ultra short-stroke engine with forged racing pistons, electronic fuel injection, slipper clutch, close-ratio gearbox and 15,500 rpm redline. While the pressed aluminum frame doubles as the Ram Air intake and carries an adjustable swingarm pivot. Plus for the first time in the 600cc production class, an inverted cartridge fork and radial-mounted front brake callipers. How serious is it? The ZX-6RR even includes a racing bar-type LCD tachometer and a built-in lap timer. So don’t let the competition beat you to the punch. Get aboard the ZX-6RR, and let them see tail. Yours.
The new Kawasaki NINJA® ZX-6RR sportbike marks a dramatic departure from the broad-spectrum appeal of the earlier Ninja sportbikes, giving the bike a much stronger track bias. The limited edition street-legal ZX-6RR boasts aggressive race-worthy features -including engine, chassis, riding position and overall performance upgrades oriented towards serious sport riding, track days or full-on racing. Designed with the expert and professional racer in mind, this new generation motorcycle is destined to dominate Supersport racing around the world.
– All-new aerodynamic front fairing helps direct air flow into the new centrally located Ram Air intake system.
– Single gauge instrumentation keeps things light. Digital speedometer surrounded by radial tachometer. Shift indicator lamp with two brightness settings can be manually set at 250 rpm increments above 12,000 rpm.
– Radially-mounted 280mm front disc brakes, a first on a production motorcycle, feature a lighter yet stronger 4-piston calliper for incredible stopping power, rigidity and excellent brake feel. Individual brake pads for each piston reduce heat distortion.
– Built-in lap timer works much like a regular stopwatch that can record up to 99 laps. Start/stop is on the right handlebar switch, while the lap button is on the left.
– Ninja ZX-6RR performance features include over-square 67 x 42.5mm bore and stroke for excellent peak power potential.
– Special 3-ring forged pistons weigh less for less reciprocating mass and reduced friction.
– Back-torque limiter or slipper-style clutch helps prevent rear wheel hop during heavy deceleration.
– Adjustable swingarm pivot point mounting bracket allows for minor adjustment to suit track conditions.
– Remote reservoir rear shock fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping, spring preload and ride height.
– The 599cc Ninja ZX-6RR includes a narrow 25° included valve angle. 4-valve 67mm combustion chamber with an ultra-short 42.5mm stroke for higher rev potential. 13.0:1 high compression. Adjustable cam timing with slotted sprockets.
– Huge 25mm hollow front axle with twin pinch bolts for light weight and added rigidity.
– Lighter, more compact yet exceptionally strong and rigid all-aluminum twin-sparperimeter frame with cylinder head mounts.
– Electronic fuel injection with 38mm throttle bodies reduces emissions and improves throttle response.
– All-new, lighter, centrally located Ram Air induction system increases air intake efficiency at all bike angles.
– High-speed ECU digital ignition processor and individual coils for each spark plug.
– New shorter throw shift lever for the 6-speed transmission that features closer gear ratios from third to sixth to help maximize performance potential.
– 41mm fully adjustable inverted cartridge fork features stepless compression and rebound adjustment plus threaded spring preload.
– Aerodynamic fairing is inspired by our GP program.
Engine type 4-stroke, liquid-cooled In-Line Four
Bore x stroke 67 x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio 13.0:1
Valve system DOHC, 16 valves
Fuel system Digital fuel injection with four 38mm throttle bodies
Transmission 6-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Frame type Perimeter, pressed aluminum
Rake/trail 24.5°/95 mm (3.7 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable preload, stepless compression and rebound damping
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with remote-reservoir, gas-charged shock, adjustable ride height, spring preload, stepless compression and rebound damping
Tires, front, rear Tubeless radial; 120/65-ZR17; 180/55-ZR17
Brakes, front Dual 280mm radial-mounted discs with dual 4-piston calipers
Brakes, rear Disc with single-piston caliper
Wheelbase 1400 mm (55.1 inches)
Seat height 825 mm (32.5 inches)
Fuel capacity 18 litres (4 gallons)
Dry weight 161 kg (355 pounds)
Colours Lime Green
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.