Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
You prefer a T-bone to tofu, and hard rock to hip-hop. No wonder that when it comes to cruisers, you’ll take classic styling, easy handling and a free-breathing carbureted Vulcan Classic® cruiser. Climb aboard the Vulcan 1500 Classic and find out how right your instincts really are. Thanks to 4-valve combustion chambers and a big side-draft carb with accelerator pump, the liquid-cooled 1470cc V-Twin pounds out torque like nothing this side of a Detroit V-8.
With its traditional styling, technological design, customization potential and affordable price, the Kawasaki Vulcan® 1500 Classic motorcycle is a must for anyone looking to get into the heavyweight-cruiser market. The stylish Vulcan 1500 Classic has been an attention-getter since its 1996 debut. In fact, the 1500 Classic’s sales-floor success helped fuel the project design of the all-new 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan® 1600 Classic. Still, the original big-bore Classic provides consumers with the opportunity to embrace heavyweight cruisers without over-extending their budget.
– Large 40mm Keihin carburetor features the Kawasaki Throttle Responsive Ignition Control (K-TRIC) system to vary ignition timing according to throttle setting and engine rpm. The result is better engine response and lower fuel consumption.
– A large airbox crossover tube located between the cylinders helps improve mid-range torque and increases airflow to the cylinders.
– The Vulcan 1500 Classic cruiser features clean shaft final drive for an exceptionally smooth, quiet ride. Twin rear shocks are adjustable 5 ways for spring preload.
– An extra-low 27.6-inch (700 mm) seat height, wide handlebar and forward-mounted floorboards put the Vulcan Classic rider in a comfortable cruiser position.
– The speedometer, fuel gauge and warning lamps are located on a center console on top of the wide 3.3-gallon (15 litre) fuel tank.
– The 1500 Classic cruiser’s a perfect platform for customization with Kawasaki’s extensive line of Fire & Steel™ accessories.
Vulcan 1500 Classic
Engine type 4-stroke V-Twin
Displacement 1470 cc
Bore x stroke 102 x 90mm
Compression Ratio 8.6:1
Valve system SOHC, 8 valves
Cooling system Liquid
Fuel system Keihin CVK40
Ignition Digital with K-TRIC
Transmission 5-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive Shaft
Frame type Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 32°/122 mm (4.8 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear Dual shocks with 5-way preload adjustment
Tire, front 130/90-16
Tire, rear 150/80-16
Brakes, front/rear Disc/disc
Wheelbase 1661 mm (65.4 inches)
Seat height 700 mm (27.6 inches)
Fuel capacity 19 litres (4,2 gallons)
Dry weight 292 kg (644 pounds)
Colours Cosmic Splendor Red or Candy Cardinal Red/ Pearl Gently Gray
GTPP available 2/3 year
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.