Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki GSX 1300 RZ Hayabusa SE
HAYABUSA™ 1300 Special Edition – 2003 GSX1300RZK3
Titanium-nitride-coated inner fork tubes for reduced friction and improved appearance.
Gold-colored brake calipers for improved appearance.
– Striking orange color scheme with black-painted frame and black swingarm
– Aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient. All fairing components have been designed for reduced drag and turbulence.
– Compact 4-stroke, four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine with DOHC, 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers, plus gear-driven counterbalancer for smooth operation.
– Electronic fuel injection system, fed by 46mm throttle bodies and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
– Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve train with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
– High efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature, including compact air-cooled oil cooler and oil-jet piston cooling.
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
– 6-speed transmission with high-capacity clutch featuring back-torque limiter system for smooth downshifts and scissors-type primary gear for reduced gear noise.
– Large volume 4-into-2 exhaust system with stainless steel head pipes and lightweight aluminum silencers.
– Digital direct-ignition system combines an ignition coil with each spark plug cap for reduced weight and stronger spark.
– Full instrumentation with ultra-thin step-motor construction. Includes fuel gauge, clock, temperature gauge, LCD odometer and twin tripmeters with fuel consumption gauge.
– Unique, vertically mounted dual headlight provides a bright, wide beam with a 60W projector-type high-beam and a 55W low-beam halogen bulb.
– Rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
– Large diameter (43mm) inverted front forks with fully adjustable compression & rebound damping and spring preload, plus steering damper.
– Proven link-type rear suspension with remote reservoir shock absorber. Rear suspension features fully adjustable rebound damping and compression damping and spring preload.
– Bridge-type swingarm with large diameter swingarm pivot shaft provides high swingarm rigidity.
– Powerful front disc brakes with large 320mm discs and 6-piston calipers.
– Rear disc brake with 240mm disc and 2-piston caliper.
– Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6″ wide rim.
– Hinged fuel tank simplifies maintenance and provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
Engine: 1299cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC. 175 hp (129 kW)/ 9800 rpm, 141 Nm/ 7 000 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Bore & Stroke: 81.0 x 63.0mm
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Fuel System: Keihin/Denso Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2140mm (84.3 in.)
Overall Width: 740mm (29.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1155mm (45.5 in.)
Seat Height: 805mm (31.7 in.)
Ground Clearance: 120mm (4.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1485mm (58.5 in.)
Dry Weight: 217kg (478 lbs.) 218kg (480 lbs.) CA. model
FRONT: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, 14-way adjustable rebound damping and 13-way adjustable compression damping
REAR: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, 22-way adjustable compression & rebound damping
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 21 liter (5.5 gal.) 19.0 liter (5.0 gal.) CA. model
Color: Black/Gray, Silver/Gray
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.