Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki VL 800 Intruder Volusia
Cruiser INTRUDER® VOLUSIA™ – 2003 VL800K3
Multi-reflector turn signals for improved appearance
Mid-size cruiser with a long, low look – traditional styling combined with modern engineering.
– Fuel tank-mounted speedometer with LCD fuel gauge, clock and indicator lights. Cables and wiring are carefully routed for a detailed look.
– Cradle-type steel frame with color-matched sidecovers, fenders and fuel tank, plus numerous chrome-plated parts.
– Wide comfortable seat with low 27.6 inch seat height – passenger seat can be removed for a bobbed rear fender appearance.
– Wide handlebars and forward-mounted footpegs and foot controls for more comfort around town or on the highway.
– Telescopic forks with polished aluminum sliders and polished stainless steel stanchion-tube covers.
– Long 33° rake angle and 65.2 inch wheelbase provide smooth, comfortable ride.
– Link-type rear suspension connects to a truss-style swingarm and a single shock absorber with 7-way spring preload adjustment.
– Traditional spoke wheels with chrome-plated rims carry a wide 130/90-16 front tire and 170/80-15 rear tire.
– Single front disc brake with 300mm and 180mm rear drum brake.
– Narrow 805cc, eight-valve, liquid-cooled, 45 degree V-twin engine is tuned for low-rpm power with peak torque at only 2500 rpm.
– High engine torque provided by a single 34mm carburetor, short-duration cam timing and tuned dual exhaust system.
– Crankshaft with 45° offset crank pins reduces engine vibration for a more comfortable ride.
– Digital ignition system with 3-D timing maps and throttle position sensor provides optimum ignition timing.
– Five-speed transmission features a high fifth gear ratio for relaxed highway cruising.
– Low-maintenance shaft final-drive system is clean-running with low torque reaction.
– Pulsed-secondary air-injection system introduces air into the exhaust ports to ignite unburned hydrocarbons and reduce emissions.
Engine: 805cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 45 degree V-twin, SOHC, 8-valves, TSCC. 50 hp (36.8 kW)/ 6,500 rpm, 62 Nm/ 4,000 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 74.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.4:1
Fuel System: Mikuni BDSR34
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: Shaft Drive
Overall Length: 2510mm (98.8 in.)
Overall Width: 985mm (38.8 in.)
Overall Height: 1110mm (43.3 in.)
Seat Height: 700mm (27.6 in.)
Ground Clearance: 140mm (5.5 in.)
Wheelbase: 1655mm (65.2 in.)
Dry Weight: 241kg (531 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
REAR: Link-type, oil damped, 7-way adjustable spring preload
FRONT: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: Single drum
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.)
Color: White/Silver, Green/Silver, Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.