2005 Kawasaski Concours
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Kawasaki Concours
The Kawasaki Concours™ motorcycle is designed for well-seasoned sport-touring riders who demand spirited performance from their machine, as well as the comfort and convenience needed for extended road trips.
As a true sport-touring motorcycle, the Concours handles twisty backroads as easily as it cruises the highway, thanks to a rigid chassis and 997cc liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine. The engine produces strong power throughout the rev range and a gear-driven counterbalancer smoothes vibration. The engine is matched to a six-speed transmission to keep the engine at a relaxed rpm at highway speeds.
Of course, comfort is a high priority on the Concours. It features a triple-density foam saddle, which is deeply contoured to comfortably seat both the rider and passenger. A full fairing creates an aerodynamic envelope for two when riding in a relaxed, upright riding position. Two lockable bins are on either side of the fairing for added convenience.
The Concours also features a 7.5-gallon fuel tank for long-distance touring, and locking luggage detaches with the flip of a latch for overnight trips. Plus, the smooth flowing lines of the Concours adds an aesthetic touch, and special panels can be secured to the sides when the saddlebags and mounting brackets are removed.
Features & Benefits
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
– Includes temperature gauge
Radiator with Auxiliary Cooling Fan
– Engine is maintained at optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
Four-valve Cylinder Head
– Better breathing for more power at high rpm
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Gear-driven Engine Balancer
– Smoothes engine vibration for comfort on the road
– Lower vibration levels increase electrical component life
– Increased reliability and durability
– Conveniently located choke makes starting and warm-up easier
Push-to-Cancel Turn Signals
– No fumbling, just a simple push on the switch cancels the turn signals
– A gear for every situation gives better acceleration
– Allows more relaxed highway cruising while utilizing the engine’s full potential
– Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder
Transistor-controlled Breakerless Ignition with Electronic Timing Advance
– A hot spark at all rpm for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
– Two lockable bins in the fairing for convenience
– Instrumentation based on the NINJA® ZX-11 sportbike also includes a digital clock
– Provides an aerodynamic envelope for rider and passenger
– Special cool-air ventilation ducts to maximize comfort
Triple Density Foam Seat
– Deeply contoured seat gives exceptional comfort two-up on long trips
7.5-gallon Fuel Tank
– Provides exceptional touring range
Locking Detachable Luggage
– Detaches with the flip of a latch
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension with Four-way Rebound Damping
– Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
– Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
– Remote adjuster makes it easy to tune the suspension based on riding style, load and road conditions
– Features air-adjustable shock absorber
Dual Front Disc Brakes
– Balanced actuation caliper front disc brake for excellent feel and long pad wear
– Large, 300mm diameter front discs are drilled to reduce unsprung weight
– Reliable stopping power under demanding conditions
– Wide rims handle large, low-profile radial tires
– Quiet and low maintenance
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, 16-valve in-line four
Starting : Electric
Bore x stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.2:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK32 x 4
Ignition: Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition (TCBI) with electronic advance
Final drive: Shaft
Frame: High-tensile steel diamond design
Rake / trail: 28.5° / 4.8 in.
Suspension, front: 41mm preload-adjustable fork
Suspension, rear: Air-adjustable UNI-TRAK® single-shock system with four-way adjustable rebound damping
Wheel travel, front: 5.5 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 5.5 in.
Tire, front: 120/70VR18 tubeless radial
Tire, rear: 150/80VR16 tubeless radial
Brakes, front / rear: Dual hydraulic discs / Single hydraulic disc
Overall length: 90.2 in.
Overall width: 36.6 in.
Overall height: 55.7 in.
Ground clearance: 5.1 in.
Seat height: 31.1 in.
Dry weight: 595 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 7.5 gal.
Wheelbase: 61.2 in.
Color: Pearl Luster Beige/Metallic Dark Bronz