2005 Kawasaski Vulcan 750
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
The mid-size Kawasaki Vulcan® 750 motorcycle may live in a world full of heavy-weight cruisers, but it is never outgunned. With its easy-to-ride nature, comfortable stepped seat, torquey liquid-cooled V-twin engine, modern technology and affordable price tag, it embodies the essence of the original “metric cruiser.”
Powered by a liquid-cooled, double overhead cam 749cc V-twin engine, the Vulcan 750 is powerful and low-maintenance. Hydraulic valve lash adjusters ease maintenance and liquid cooling increases overall engine durability. Plus, the engine itself is rubber-mounted within the double-cradle, high-tensile steel frame to reduce vibration at the handlebar and footpegs.
A low-maintenance shaft drive transmits power from the five-speed transmission to the beefy 15-inch rear wheel. Plus, the easy-shifting gearbox features Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder, which allows for easy and accurate shifting from first into neutral when stopped. Air-assisted rear shocks with four clicks of rebound damping adjustment offer a smooth and controlled ride, while dual front discs provide reliable stopping power. Full instrumentation, including both coolant-temperature and fuel-level gauges, and a centerstand are standard fare.
Features & Benefits
V-twin Engine with Gear-driven Balancer
– Optimum torque from idle to redline
– Smooth, reliable and easy to maintain
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
Four Valves Per Cylinder
– Better breathing for more power at high rpm
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Hydraulic lash adjusters keep valves quiet with no adjustment required
– Consistent operating temperatures, resulting in longer engine life
– Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
– Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
– Includes temperature gauge
Dual-stage Quiet Cam Chain
– Dual-stage design allows more compact cylinder heads
– Runs quietly, reliably
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Maintains precise timing without maintenance
– Assures greater reliability
– All but eliminates engine vibration
– Designed to handle the engine’s unique power characteristics
– The engine’s broad torque curve only needs five speeds for great acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to easily find neutral
– A Kawasaki exclusive
Dual 34mm CVK Carburetors
– Precise fuel metering facilitates uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
– Quick throttle response
– Hassle-free starting and warm-up
Air-assisted Rear Shocks with 4-way Rebound Damping
– Adjustable for a wide range of rider and passenger weights
– Assure a smooth and well-controlled ride
– Integral adjusters make it easy to tune the suspension for a particular riding style or road conditions
– Reliable and quiet, low-maintenance system
Dual Front Disc Brakes
– Reliable stopping power under demanding conditions
Speedometer and Instrument Cluster with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Provides important information at a glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition (TCBI) with Electronic Timing Advance
– A hot spark at all engine speeds for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, 8-valve V-Twin
Bore x stroke: 84.9 x 66.2mm
Compression ratio: 10.3:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
Final drive: Shaft
Frame: Double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 32° / 5.0 in.
Suspension type, front: Hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension type, rear: Air-assisted dual shocks
Suspension adjustments, rear: 4-way rebound damping
Wheel travel, front: 5.9 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.5 in.
Tire, front: 100/90 x 19 tubeless
Tire, rear: 150/90 x 15 tubeless
Brakes, front / rear: Dual discs / Drum
Overall length: 90.4 in.
Overall width: 33.5 in.
Overall height: 48.2 in.
Ground clearance: 5.9 in.
Seat height: 28.9 in.
Dry weight: 483 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 3.6 gal.
Wheelbase: 62.2 in.
Color: Ebony/Metallic Phantom Silver