2006 Honda Helix
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda Helix
2006 Honda Helix
With an automatic transmission, electric starting and tons of storage, the Helix is a stylish and versatile do-it-all machine.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– Exciting new Red color.
– Durable 244cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine produces plenty of smooth, user-friendly power.
– Push-button electric starter and automatic choke make starting the engine a breeze.
– Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition never needs attention.
– Lightweight, whisper-quiet exhaust system.
– 30mm CV carburetor offers superb throttle response and excellent fuel mileage.
– Honda’s V-Matic automatic transmission means no shifting and ultra-smooth power delivery.
– Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free battery offer a high degree of reliability.
– Durable steel frame is strong yet lightweight.
– Rugged front and rear suspension offers a smooth, comfortable ride.
– Wide, low, padded seat is comfortable for two-up riding.
– Hydraulic front disc brake and lightweight drum rear brake offer excellent stopping power.
– Cast aluminum wheels are lightweight, stylish, and strong.
– Full-coverage bodywork, windshield, and sensible riding position give the Helix a high degree of riding comfort.
– Lockable rear storage compartment is large enough to carry a briefcase or helmet.
– Passenger grabrails offer comfort and convenience.
– Full instrumentation features a digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temperature gauge, odometer, tripmeter, digital clock, audible turn-signal indicator, plus high-beam and oil-change indicators.
– Parking brake and ignition switch/steering lock help keep your Helix™ secure when parked.
– Large, 3.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range.
– Dry weight of 349.4 pounds and low, 26.2-inch seat height allow easy parking and slow-speed maneuverability.
– Sidestand inhibitor switch allows starting only if the sidestand has been retracted.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
– Scooter cover.
Engine Type: 244cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Carburetion: 30mm CV with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic
Front: Bottom link; 3.2 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Single disc
Wheelbase: 63.8 inches
Seat Height: 26.2 inches
Dry Weight: 349.4 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gallons
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.