2006 Honda Ruckus
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda Ruckus
2006 Honda Ruckus
Looking for cool styling, economical performance and all the convenience features you expect from a Honda scooter? Look no further than the Ruckus™.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– White joins Silver Camo.
– Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
– Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
– Maintenance-free ignition system.
– Simple push-button electric starter.
– Starter system utilizes the engine’s brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and lowers overall weight for even better fuel economy.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
– Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
– Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
– Electromagnetic fuel pump is located adjacent to the fuel tank under the Ruckus’ floor.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
– Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
– Two-piece die cast aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
– Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
– Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
– Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping.
– Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
– Well-padded seat boasts a low, 28.9-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
– Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beam. Fuel indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
– Audible turn-signal indicator.
– Parking brake.
– Helmet holder locks helmet in place under seat.
– Backup kickstart lever.
– Dual headlights with two 35-watt bulbs. Low/high beams provide ample nighttime illumination.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Carburetion: 15mm CV with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Wheelbase: 49.8 inches
Seat Height: 28.9 inches
Dry Weight: 181 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.