2006 Honda VTX1800F Spec 3
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda VTX1800F Spec 3
2006 Honda VTX1800F Spec 3
A sport custom that boasts performance cruiser style, the VTX1800F is available in exciting new colors for 2006.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– The VTX®1800F is available in these exciting colors: New Dark Red and Bright Blue Metallic Tribal join Silver Tribal and Black.
– The VTX1800F is available in three distinctive build variations: Spec 1, 2 and 3.
– Bold sport-custom performance-cruiser styling.
– Bobbed-style front steel fender with straight-cut rear steel fender complement the drag racing styling.
– Low 27.6-inch two-piece gunfighter-style seat features a removable passenger section for an enhanced custom look.
– Semi-swept high-rise aluminum handlebar mounts provide a comfortable, upright riding position.
– Handsome chromed two-into-two staggered exhaust system features five-bolt muffler tips and a deep exhaust note.
– Streamlined headlight features a smaller hooded lens for a unique minimalist look.
– Aggressive 10-spoke racing-style cast wheels feature a low-profile 130/70R-18 radial front tire with an aggressive 180/55R-18 radial rear tire that puts the engine’s awesome power to the ground and enhances the overall performance custom look.
– Large, handsomely finished flangeless 4.8-gallon gas tank features pin-stripe quality VTX decal badging.
– Custom-design wedge-shape mirrors.
– Custom-style recessed LED tail and brake light.
– Billet-style rear fender rails feature a slotted surface treatment with hairline brushed finish for a unique custom look.
– Bullet-style turn signals feature chrome visors, clear lenses, and amber flasher bulbs.
– Tank-mounted digital LCD instrumentation includes a speedometer, bar graph tachometer, odometer, A and B tripmeters, and a clock.
– ECU-controlled, closed-loop emission control system utilizes an air injection system and three-way exhaust catalyzer to simultaneously reduce emissions of hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and oxides of nitrogen (NOx). California model exceeds CARB 2008 standards.
Spec 3 Custom-Building Options
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
– Handlebar: Chrome-plated cast aluminum handlebar risers and caps.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Highly polished aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Chrome steel covers highlight detailed front end.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Highly polished cast aluminum.
– Switch Housings: Hairline satin brushed finish.
– Radiator Cover: Color matched painted finish.
– Footpegs: Oval shaped chrome plated cast aluminum.
– Final Drive Housing: Hairline satin brushed with chrome-plated axle cap and fasteners.
– Wheels: Highly polished cast aluminum.
– Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin that hammers out immense power–106bhp at 5000 rpm and 120 lb./ft. of torque at 3500 rpm.
– V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
– Offset dual-pin crankshaft with two primary-shaft-mounted balance weights allows a high-performance engine design while eliminating harsh engine vibration. The result: muscular power across a broad rpm range for unequaled acceleration and roll-on performance.
– The 41.4-pound forged steel crankshaft uses bolted weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the engine’s V-twin design.
– Each three-valve cylinder head features two large, 36mm intake valves and a huge, 45mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the air/fuel charge.
– Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
– Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– 4.5-liter airbox supplies a large volume of cool, clean air to the engine.
– Advanced high-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features 42mm-diameter throttle bodies delivering air to two specially designed Denso 50-psi high-pressure fuel injectors. Fuel is delivered through 12 nozzle holes in each injector, producing an atomized fuel mixture that is highly combustible for maximum efficiency and power.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) provides individual digital 3-D fuel injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
– A unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power, and a lower engine height.
– Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Reliable electric-starter system.
– Primary drive gear uses a cam-type damper to minimize powertrain lash.
– Sturdy, maintenance-free eight-plate hydraulic clutch with clutch-center damper assures smooth gear shifting.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Driven flange design at the final drive gear eliminates final drive noise and wear, and simplifies rear wheel installation.
– Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine’s power and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
– Large, 45mm inverted front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
– Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– The VTX’s braking system features two three-piston front calipers and a single two-piston rear caliper. Rider application of the front brake lever activates the two outer pistons of the front calipers. Application of the rear brake pedal activates the two pistons of the rear caliper and the center pistons of the front calipers.
– Distinctive, new chrome hooded-headlight housing features a powerful, 55W/60W halogen bulb with a computer-designed multi-reflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes cylinder head covers, valve inspection covers, spark plug covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover and left-rear engine cover.
– Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
– Reliable, 300-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free battery.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn signal switch.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: PGM-FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm inverted fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Front: 130/70R-18 radial
Rear: 180/55R-18 radial
Wheelbase: 67.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 31° 45′
Trail: 144mm (5.7 inches)
Seat Height: 27.6 inches
Dry Weight: 743 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons
Bright Blue Metallic Tribal
(Spec 1 available in Dark Red only)
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.