2006 Kawasaki KLX125L
Back to 2006 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Kawasaki KLX125L
2006 Kawasaki KLX125L
While the KLX™125 is an excellent starter bike for many youth and adult beginners, other riders would like to have a motorcycle that’s a little taller in the inseam.
The KLX125L off-road motorcycle is just the ticket for them, because it adds a larger 19-inch front wheel and 16-inch rear wheel, plus a powerful front disc brake to the KLX125 chassis.
Powered by a torquey and responsive air-cooled 125cc four-stroke single, the KLX125L pumps out plenty of rider-friendly power for off-road fun. The engine is specially tuned for low and mid-range power, and a smooth shifting five-speed transmission means there’s a gear for every riding situation. A cable-operated manual clutch, along with a digital CD ignition for quick starts, makes this quiet-running motorcycle reliable and easy to operate.
A high-tensile steel frame with a rigid carbon-steel swingarm add to the machine’s durability and lightweight handling characteristics, while bumps are soaked up by a long-travel front fork and linkage-equipped single-shock rear suspension system. The combination of a shorter wheelbase and a very comfortable riding position makes the KLX125L fun to ride on a variety of terrain.
Inspired by Kawasaki’s racy KX™ models, the fuel tank, slim seat and number plates give the bike an exciting look, while the classic lime green plastic gives it a true Kawasaki identity.
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 57.0 x 48.8mm
Carburetion: Mikuni VM20SS
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Five-speed, automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile, diamond tube steel
Rake / trail: NA
Front suspension / wheel travel: 48mm telescopic fork / 7.1 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-link, single shock with spring preload adjustment / 6.7 in.
Front tire: 70/100×19
Rear tire: 90/100×16
Front brake / rear brake: Disc / Drum
Overall length: 74.2 in.
Overall width: 30.3 in.
Overall height: 43.1 in.
Ground clearance: 11.4 in.
Seat height: 31.7 in.
Dry weight: 178.5 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.7 gal.
Wheelbase: 50.0 in.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green/Black
*Specifications are subject to change.
– Single overhead cam two-valve four-stroke single-cylinder engine
– Engine compact and lightweight
– Gearshift operation through a linkage allows smooth shifting action
– Linkage system allows height adjustability for rider preference
– Positive action and rugged durability, with a gear for every situation
Mikuni VM20SS Carburetor
– Provides smooth throttle response
– Allows engine to produce power and torque at all rpm
– Link-type rear suspension with 6.7 inches of wheel travel
– Shock delivers smooth, progressive performance that provides enjoyable ride
– Rear suspension spring preload is fully adjustable
– Carbon steel swingarm responds well to terrain
– Telescopic fork with 7.1 inches of wheel travel
– 30mm fork tubes enhance fork rigidity
– Front hydraulic disc brake gives KLX™125L model excellent stopping power
High-tensile Steel Frame
– Frame made of high-tensile steel
– Frame design is lightweight and durable
– Serrated footpegs are durable and designed to reduce mud build-up
– Heavy-duty chain guide
– KX™-inspired lime green coloring
– Slim seat, front and side number plates
MSRP $2,599 USD