2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Back to 2006 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
With its stepped seat, pulled-back bars and aluminum wheels, the Kawasaki Vulcan® 750 embodies the style of the original metric cruiser. It’s also easy to own and maintain, thanks to a high-tech V-twin engine and shaft drive.
Powered by a liquid-cooled, double overhead cam 749cc V-twin engine, the Vulcan 750 is powerful and low-maintenance. Hydraulic valve lash adjusters ease maintenance and liquid cooling increases overall engine durability. Plus, the engine itself is rubber-mounted within the double-cradle, high-tensile steel frame to reduce vibration at the handlebar and footpegs.
A low-maintenance shaft drive transmits power from the five-speed transmission to the beefy 15-inch rear wheel. Plus, the easy-shifting gearbox features Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder, which allows for easy and accurate shifting from first into neutral when stopped. Air-assisted rear shocks with four clicks of rebound damping adjustment offer a smooth and controlled ride, while dual front discs provide reliable stopping power. Full instrumentation, including both coolant-temperature and fuel-level gauges, and a center stand are standard fare.
V-twin Engine with Gear-driven Balancer
– Optimum torque from idle to redline
– Smooth, reliable and easy to maintain
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
Four Valves Per Cylinder
– Better breathing for more power at high rpm
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s gasolines
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Hydraulic lash adjusters keep valves quiet with no adjustment required
– Consistent operating temperatures, resulting in longer engine life
– Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
– Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
– Includes temperature gauge
Dual-stage Quiet Cam Chain
– Dual-stage design allows more compact cylinder heads
– Runs quietly, reliably
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Maintains precise timing without maintenance
– Assures greater reliability
– All but eliminates engine vibration
– Designed to handle the engine’s unique power characteristics
– The engine’s broad torque curve only needs five speeds for great acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to easily find neutral
– A Kawasaki exclusive
Dual 34mm CVK Carburetors
– Precise fuel metering facilitates uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
– Quick throttle response
– Hassle-free starting and warm-up
Air-assisted Rear Shocks with 4-way Rebound Damping
– Adjustable for a wide range of rider and passenger weights
– Provides a smooth and well-controlled ride
– Integral adjusters make it easy to tune the suspension for a particular riding style or road conditions
– Reliable and quiet, low-maintenance system
Dual Front Disc Brakes
– Reliable stopping power under demanding conditions
Speedometer and Instrument Cluster with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Provides important information at a glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition (TCBI) with Electronic Timing Advance
– A hot spark at all engine speeds for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, 8-valve V-Twin
Bore x stroke: 84.9 x 66.2mm
Compression ratio: 10.3:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
Final drive: Shaft
Frame: Double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 5.0 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: Hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Air-assisted dual shocks with 4-way rebound damping / 3.5 in.
Front tire: 100/90×19 tubeless
Rear tire: 150/90×15 tubeless
Front brakes / rear brake: Dual discs / Drum
Overall length: 90.4 in.
Overall width: 33.5 in.
Overall height: 48.2 in.
Ground clearance: 5.9 in.
Seat height: 28.9 in.
Dry weight: 483 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 3.6 gal.
Wheelbase: 62.2 in.
Colors: Ebony / Candy Persimmon Red
*Specifications are subject to change.