2007 Kawasaki KLX300R
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki KLX300R
2007 Kawasaki KLX300R
Superb balance of power and handling
The Kawasaki KLX™300R offers a compact, quick-turning package that’s well-suited to tight trails or long days exploring off the beaten-path. With a tractable engine and comfortable chassis, the KLX300R is the ideal partner for off-road adventures. Thanks to a liquid-cooled four-stroke engine, perimeter frame and plush suspension, this Kawasaki gives off-road riders the balance of power and handling they desire.
Designed to be ultra-compact, the KLX300R’s liquid-cooled 292cc engine features dual overhead cams activating four valves atop an Electrofusion-coated aluminum cylinder, which is highly-resistant to wear.
The engine is wrapped in a high-tensile steel perimeter frame based on the design of Kawasaki’s KX™250 motocross bike. A 26.5-degree steering angle and shorter wheelbase contribute to quick handling characteristics.
The KLX300R comes fully loaded with equipment to handle the rigors of trail riding, and is covered by a six-month limited warranty. Standard items include headlight and taillight, odometer, sidestand, hand guards, snail-type chain adjusters for quick rear-wheel removal and quick adjustment of the O-ring chain, a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor, and a large fuel tank with reserve petcock.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft and utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,500 independent retailers, with an additional 8,400 retailers specializing in power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 2,400 people in the United States, with more than 450 of them located at the Irvine, California headquarters.
Kawasaki’s tagline, “Let the good times roll.™”, is recognized worldwide and the brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasaki’s complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com.
Ultra-compact 292cc Liquid-cooled, Four-stroke Single
– Lightweight piston and connecting rod allow power-producing revs
– Liquid cooling for even-running temperatures, longer engine life and consistent power on hot days
Double Overhead Cams
– A cam lobe for each valve with shim-under tappets has less reciprocating weight for efficiency at high rpm
– Incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder provides superior heat transfer with less weight
– Holds lubrication, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tighter clearances for more horsepower
Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)
– KACR provides quick, easy starts
Four-valve Cylinder Head
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Boosts low-end torque
34mm Semi-flat Slide CVK Carburetor
– Precisely meters for good fuel economy
– Provides quick throttle response
Gear-driven Engine Balancer
– Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline
– More rider comfort on long rides
– Positive shifting action and rugged durability with gearing for every situation
– Oil level window provided
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI)
– Digital microcomputer delivers a precisely timed spark regardless of rpm changes
– Reliability under extreme conditions
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
– Frame is built of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel
– Straight-line ability is not sacrificed due to the incredible frame rigidity
43mm Upside-down Cartridge Fork
– 20-way compression damping adjustment
– Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
– Temperature-compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Twin piston front caliper grasps a floating front disc for “single finger” stopping power
– Single piston rear caliper from the KX™250 gives strong, reliable performance
O-ring Drive Chain
– O-rings keep the dirt and water out, while retaining lubrication in for longer chain life
Enduro and Trail Equipment
– Headlight and taillight for long rides or enduro competition requirements
– Odometer to track progress
– Large 2.6-gallon tank allows for long distance riding
– Hand guards fend off the brush
– Snail-type chain adjusters for quick wheel changes and chain adjustments
– U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single
Bore x stroke: 78.0 x 61.2mm
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Six-speed, manual clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
Rake / trail: 26.5 degrees / 4.2 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with 20-way compression damping / 11.2 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 20-way compression damping and 18-way rebound damping / 11.0 in.
Front tire: 80/100×21
Rear tire: 100/100×18
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 83.3 in.
Overall width: 35.8 in.
Overall height: 48.0 in.
Seat height: 36.4 in.
Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
Ground clearance: 12.6 in.
Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
Dry weight: 233.7 lbs.
Color: Lime Green / Black