2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R Limited Edition
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R Limited Edition
2007 Boulevard M109R
Call it the best of all worlds. Introducing the all-new Suzuki Boulevard M109R – an incredible combination of cruiser styling and renowned Suzuki power and handling. By injecting the Boulevard M109R with a potent shot of race-proven technology developed for the championship-winning GSX-R sport bikes, Suzuki has literally redefined the concept of a cruiser.
The Boulevard M109R’s exhilarating performance begins with its all-new 109-cubic-inch, fuel injected V-twin engine. It’s tuned to produce massive torque all the way from idle to redline, which translates into acceleration that you have to feel to believe – and makes this the most powerful cruiser Suzuki has ever produced. To reward every one of your senses, the big V-twin also produces a throaty, aggressive exhaust note designed to let the world know they’re looking at – and listing to – the hottest cruiser on the road.
Like Suzuki’s sport bikes, the Boulevard M109R balances extraordinary performance with crisp handling, thanks to a technically advanced chassis and suspension, matched by world-class brakes. And when it comes to wrapping that performance package in cruiser styling, a picture is worth a thousand words. Check out its sleek, flowing lines and GSX-R inspired styling touches, and you’ll realize that the Boulevard M109R is in a class of its own.
The all-new Suzuki Boulevard M109R – chrome-plated proof that cruising can be incredibly exciting.
– Aggressive new special edition M109R with a sporty racing stripe, checkerboard background gauge package, clear taillight lens with red LED’s and a stylish textured seat.
– New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover now feature chromed metal construction for a high quality finish
– The M109R features a muscular, innovative and stylish new look of high performance with long sleek flowing lines and a powerful V-twin engine
– A streamlined headlight cover carrying a unique trapezoidal shaped multi reflector H4 halogen headlight and a maintanance free LED tail light built into the tailsection
– 1783cc, 4-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration
– Massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke utilizing huge 112mm forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods
– Unique new two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design and reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity
– Each bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight
– A compact dry sump lubrication system SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower center of gravity
– Five speed transmission features carefully selected gear ratios for comfortable cruising in a variety of riding situations
– Three piece airbox uses dual intakes with 9.5 liters of internal volume working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element
– The 2-into1-into2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and powerful v-twin sound
– Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies – maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low-to-mid range throttle response
– Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle speed in various conditions
– Dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the powerful 32 bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions
– High-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride
– Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure a 3.50 x 18 inch up front and a massive 8.50 x 18 inch rear tire wearing a huge 240mm rear Dunlop radial tire
– Race proven front brake system includes radial mounted four piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. Rear brake system includes a dual piston caliper and 275mm rear disc
– A sleek wide fuel tank with 5.1 gallon fuel capacity that flows into integrated side covers, a comfortable low seat and stylish radiator cowl.
– A handlebar mounted digital tachometer and LED indicator lights flow nicely with the tank mounted analog speedometer and LCD odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock
– Inverted cartridge forks with 46mm stanchion tubes proved an aggressive front end look with 5.12 inches of wheel travel
– A cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock delivering 4.66 inches of wheel travel working through a shaft drive system
From the Press Release:
Building on the huge success of the Boulevard M109R, Suzuki proudly introduces the new limited edition M109R. This special M109R will feature an all new paint scheme with a sporty racing stripe and a unique new speedometer background. Also a clear taillight lens with red LED’s and a textured seat complete the limited edition look.
The heart of the Boulevard M109R is an all new 109-cubic-inch, liquid-cooled, 54-degree, V-twin powerplant with double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder and seamless Suzuki electronic fuel injection.
This is an engine designed to produce massive waves of torque from just off idle all the way to redline.
The Boulevard M109R is simply the most powerful cruiser Suzuki has ever produced. The Boulevard M109R starts with a massive 112mm bore and a 90.5mm stroke featuring forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts and cut-away sides mated to chrome-moly-steel connecting rods, just like those found on the GSX-R1000. Piston rings are finished with a race-proven chrome-nitride plating for reduced friction and optimum cylinder sealing. The massive, 112mm bore makes room for two 42mm intake valves and two 38mm exhaust valves set at an narrow 27-degree included angle in an efficient dual-spark plug, pent-roof combustion chamber design with a 10.5:1 compression ratio.
The M109R utilizes a unique, two-stage chain-driven cam-drive system based on the high-performance gear-driven system used on the TL1000R. This design keeps the cylinder heads more compact, reducing overall engine height and lowering the center of gravity. The cylinders are positioned in a 54-degree V angle to accommodate straighter downdraft intake ports and crankpins are offset to produce the perfect primary balance of a 90-degree V-twin while still maintaining the aggressive look of a narrow-angle V engine.
The motor is also rubber-mounted in six positions for minimal engine vibration.
Feeding the amazing 109-cubic-inch motor is a purpose-built version of the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system perfected on the high-performance GSX-R line of sportbikes. The SDTV system uses a computer-operated secondary throttle valve in each throttle body to maintain ideal intake velocity and smooth throttle response in any condition. The M109R features a pair of single-injector 56mm throttle bodies with controlled by a powerful 32-bit CPU equipped ECM. The entire SDTV system works in conjunction with a three-piece airbox with dual intakes and a massive 9.5 liters of internal volume.
An innovative dry sump lubrication system called SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) is also designed to reduce overall engine height and allow the crankshaft to be positioned lower in the crankcase, lowering the center of gravity and making the motorcycle easier to lift of the side-stand.
The dry sump lubrication system also utilizes a scraper plate that pulls oil off the crankshaft, while a jet directs a cooling stream of oil at the underside of each piston for maximum performance. A slick-shifting five-speed transmission directs power smoothly from the engine back through a low-maintenance and reliable shaft-drive system.
Nothing can match the sound of a big V-twin engine under acceleration and Suzuki engineers dedicated a serious amount of time and effort to find the perfect balance of performance and sound. The 2-into-1- into- 2 chromed, stainless-steel exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system, which uses a butterfly valve to adjust the exhaust for optimum performance at all RPM ranges. The M109R also makes use of Suzuki’s proven PAIR system for reduced emissions.
Power is nothing without control and the Boulevard M109R was designed to handle as well as it accelerates.
The M109R chassis is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque of the massive M109R V-twin powerplant while also delivering agile handling and a comfortable riding position. Wheelbase measures in at 67.4 inches with 32 degrees of rake and 5.1 inches of trail for unmatched handling and ride comfort. Seat height is a low 27.6 inches, making it easier for the rider to reach the ground.
The frame itself is made of high-tensile steel in a double-cradle layout designed for a perfect balance of comfort and handling. The cast-aluminum-alloy swingarm works with a progressive linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock producing 4.66 inches of travel. Up front, inverted front forks with 46mm stanchion tubes and race-proven cartridge internals that deliver 5.12 inches of travel.
The race-proven front brake system is based on that of the AMA Superbike Championship-winning GSX-R1000 sportbike including the radial-mounted four-piston brake calipers and 310mm brake rotors for the ultimate in braking performance. Rear brakes consist of a dual-piston caliper and 275mm rear disc.
Spiral-spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels feature and aggressive design and measure 3.50 x 18 inches in front with a Dunlop 130/70-18 radial tire, while at the rear is a massively wide 8.50 x 18 inch rear wheel mated to the widest rear tire ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle: a radial Dunlop 240/40R – 18 tire.
One look is all it takes to tell that the Boulevard M109R is not your average cruiser. Its muscular, innovative look of high performance, aggressive styling and long, sleek flowing lines define a new generation of Suzuki cruising machines.
Aggressive, performance-oriented styling smoothly integrated with the sleek lines of a cruiser best defines the look of the M109R. From the GSX-R-inspired front fender to the purposeful front headlight housing all the way back through the long, low fuel tank and stylish rear fender, the M109R drips with deep rich paint
complemented by miles of mirror-like chrome over the entire motorcycle.
A wide, stretched-out fuel tank with a generous 5.2-gallon capacity flows smoothly into a low comfortable seat, integrated frame side covers and an incredibly stylish radiator cowl. Up front, a streamlined headlight cover houses a unique trapezoid-shaped multi-reflector H4 halogen headlight and a maintenance-free LED taillight is built into the tailsection. Chrome dual slash-cut mufflers complete the look of the amazing M109R.
Dual triangle air cleaner covers are mounted on each side of the engine with traditional, chrome-plated bullet-shaped front and rear turn signals are utilized front and rear.
Gauges consist of a tank-mounted analog speedometer, LCD odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock. Add to that a digital tachometer mounted on a large, one-inch chrome handlebar with 1.25-inch grips.
You can have power and style all in one package. The Suzuki Boulevard M109R Limited Edition, ready when you are.
Engine: 1783cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, V-twin, DOHC, 4-valves
Bore Stroke: 112.0mm x 90.5mm
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel injection
Lubrication: Semi-Dry Sump
Final Drive: Shaft
Overall Length: 2450mm (96.5 in.)
Overall Width: 875mm (34.4 in.)
Overall Height: 1185mm (46.7 in.)
Seat Height: 705mm (27.8 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1710mm (67.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 319 kg (703 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, 7 way adjustable spring pre-load
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 130/70R18 M/C 63V
Tires Rear: 240/40R18 M/C 79V
Fuel Tank Capacity: 19.5 liter (5.2 gal.)
All Specifications and features are subject to change