2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650
2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650
If you’re looking for adventure, here’s the machine to help you find it – the V-Strom 650. It combines the versatile performance of the V-Strom 1000 with exciting middleweight agility.
With its height-adjustable aerodynamic windshield and spacious riding position, the V-Strom 650 is designed for smooth, comfortable performance on the highway. In addition, it has an extra-large fuel tank for extended riding. It’s equally at home around town, thanks to its low seat height, light weight and overall crisp handling. And the V-Strom’s V-twin engine adds excitement to every ride, offering a wide powerband and strong acceleration in every gear.
What really sets the V-Strom apart from other street bikes, of course, is its unmatched versatility. Its lightweight, agile handling inspires confidence, while its smooth suspension front and rear performs exceptionally well in almost any situation.
It’s time to get in on the adventure – with the 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650.
– SV650-based 645cc 90 degree V-twin, DOHC 8-valve, liquid-cooled engine with new dual spark plug heads for improved combustion and reduced emissions
– Electronic fuel injection features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) – maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response
– Auto Fast Idling System (AFIS), automatically sets throttle valve opening during cold engine starts by monitoring coolant temperature
– Digital ignition system provides optimum ignition timing with separate maps for each cylinder
– Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates 31mm intake and 25.5mm exhaust valves, plus valve timing with emphasis on low-rpm power
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation
– Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission with cable operated clutch – final drive ratio lowered from SV650 for improved low rpm performance
– High-efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature – includes compact oil cooler
– Plastic outer clutch cover and engine sprocket cover for reduced weight and noise
– High-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum muffler tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance
– PAIR – air injection system reduces CO and HC emissions – California model equipped with catalyst in exhaust to further reduce emissions
– Black-painted frame and swingarm for stylish appearance
– Slim and compact front fairing for maximum wind protection, plus large comfortable seat – fairing includes large multi-reflector 60/55W headlights
– Compact step-motor speedometer and tachometer with LED illumination, plus LCD display for twin tripmeters, odometer temperature gauge, fuel gauge and digital clock
– Height-adjustable windshield for maximum wind protection and comfort – can be manually adjusted to three positions in a 50mm vertical range
– Large rear luggage rack with rubber-padded platform to help keep bags and luggage in place
– Aluminum twin-spar frame and aluminum swingarm are lightweight, compact and rigid – bolt-on sub-frame simplifies maintenance
– Preload-adjustable 43mm front fork for a comfortable ride under all riding conditions
– Link-type rear suspension features a single shock absorber with adjustable rebound damping and a knob-operated hydraulic preload adjuster for easy adjustment
– Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 260mm rotor and single-piston caliper
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels – F: 2.50 x 19 with 110/80R-19 radial tire, R: 4.0 x 17 with 150/70R-17 rear tire
– Large 5.8 gallon fuel tank for long-range operation
Model Number DL650K7
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Suggested Retail $6699
Engine 645cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90 degree V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves
Bore & Stroke 81.0 x 62.6mm
Compression Ratio 11.5:1
Fuel System Fuel Injection
Lubrication Wet sump
Final Drive #525 chain
Overall Length 2290mm (90.2 in.)
Overall Width 840mm (33.1 in.)
Overall Height 1390mm (54.7 in.)
Seat Height 820mm (32.3 in.)
Ground Clearance 165mm (6.5 in.)
Wheelbase 1555mm (61.2 in.)
Dry Weight 194kg (427 lbs.)
Suspension Front Telescopic, oil damped, adjustable preload
Suspension Rear Link-type, adjustable spring preload and rebound damping
Brakes Front Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front 110/80R-19
Tires Rear 150/70R-17
Fuel Tank Capacity 22 liter (5.8 gal.)
Color Blue, Gray
All Specifications and features are subject to change