2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
The cruiser heart with a checkered-flag soul.
It’s all show, with stunning, muscular lines even before you add the custom touches. It’s also all go… it is drag racing’s AMA Prostar Hot Rod Cruiser champion for four years running..
Feeling conflicted over whether you want the laid-back comfort of a cruiser or the exhilarating performance of a sport bike? Why not just have both?
The Road Star Warrior took the cruiser’s low-end muscle and combined it with the handling and maneuverability of a sport bike. In fact, the suspension is derived from our championship-bred YZF-R1, and the engine is wrapped in a high-tech aluminum chassis. Whether you call the Warrior a power cruiser or a sport bike, you’re going to want to call it your own.
– High-performance, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin powerplant produces massive torque and strong acceleration.
– Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down for a lower centre of gravity and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case.
– One-piece head cover adds rigidity around the rocker arms to provide great high rpm performance and efficient heat dissipation.
– Four-valve, pent roof cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and great power delivery at all rpms.
– Valve train includes short design intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during high-rpm performance.
– Twin, crankcase-mounted, high-lift cams ensure strong acceleration and horsepower.
– Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance requirements.
– Large-diameter pistons feature durable and lightweight forged construction to accommodate higher-rpm performance with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass.
– Larger-bore ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
– Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
– 40mm, twin-bore, downdraft Nippon throttle body fuel injection (FI) with throttle position sensor (TPS) uses a high-capacity, twin-stage air cleaner system ensuring optimal fuel delivery, great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range.
– State-of-the-art Electronic Control Unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3D transistorized coil ignition mapping for each cylinder.
– High-performance, 2-into-1-exhaust system features 38mm stainless steel header pipes and a massive muffler that boosts torque and horsepower while producing a throaty, V-twin growl.
– Dry sump lubrication system means a more compact engine design because the oil tank is not part of the engine, which lowers the centre of gravity for great handling. A handy, spin-on oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission features close-ratio gearing for spine-tingling roll-on performance at all rpms.
– Clean, quiet, low-maintenance belt drive system uses a special narrow design belt that reduces unsprung weight for great rear suspension performance.
– Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for fast, easy starting.
– Air Induction System (AIS) injects fresh oxygen at the exhaust port to insure complete combustion thereby reducing harmful exhaust emissions (HC & CO) while a special air cut valve reduces backfiring when decelerating or coasting off throttle.
– Lightweight, aluminum, double-cradle frame increases rigidity by 40% (over standard Road Star frame) and offers tremendous strength and durability with minimal flex. This aluminum frame design is an industry-first for a cruiser-style motorcycle.
– Incredible 38 degree lean angle ensures sporty handling (typical cruiser lean angles are approx. 30 ~ 33 degrees).
– Sport bike inspired, aluminum, box section swingarm offers superb rigidity and a forward-mounted pivot point that ensures excellent stability, traction and handling. Another industry-first on a cruiser-type motorcycle!
– Highly rigid, 8-way preload adjustable, 41mm Kayaba inverted fork offers 135mm (5.3″) of wheel travel for exceptional sport-oriented handling.
– Beefy, cast aluminum, top and bottom triple clamps help increase fork rigidity and reduce weight.
– Link rear suspension features a preload and damping adjustable single rear shock delivering outstanding rear-wheel tracking for precise handling and plush ride quality. The shock is hidden to provide that classic “hardtail” look.
– Rear shock adjustments include: spring preload and 18-way rebound damping.
– Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature radial mounted, ultra rigid, 4-piston, monoblock calipers with fully floating rotors to provide sport-bike spec stopping power. Radial mounted calipers provide exceptional stopping power with great lever feel and feedback.
– 282mm rear disc brake with dual-piston caliper
– “R-series” inspired lightweight 5-spoke mag wheels reduce weight and enhance handling qualities. The new mag wheels are fitted with tubeless 120/70-ZR18 front and a huge 200/50-ZR17 rear radial tires that provide awesome traction.
– Two-piece seat design features a wide, flat profile for excellent rider comfort. The passenger seat features a flip at the rear of the seat providing a secure feeling for the passenger.
– Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, multi-reflector, halogen headlight
– Totally trick, brushed aluminum, headlight-mounted digital tachometer also incorporates the odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve tripmeter and clock.
– Triple clamp-mounted, analog speedometer
– Beautiful braided-look steel throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Road Star’s stylish custom look and image.
– Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish creates a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– Brilliant, highly visible, LED taillight
– Sleek, easy to customize/paint real steel fenders
– Stylish 3D Warrior emblem on fuel tank
– Low-fuel warning light
– Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience
The Road Star Warrior offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Engine Air-cooled, 4-stroke, OHV, 4-valve, 48°, V-twin w/EFI
Displacement 1,670 cc
Bore and Stroke 97 x 113 mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Maximum Torque 13.8kg-m (100 ft-lb)@ 3750 rpm
Fuel Delivery Dual 40mm throttle body EFI
Ignition Digital TCI
Transmission Wide ratio 5-speed
Final Drive Belt
Suspension (Front) Adjustable 41 mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link-type Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) Single 282 mm disc
Tires (Front) 120/70 ZR18 (radial)
Tires (Rear) 200/50 ZR17 (radial)
Length 2,385 mm (93.9”)
Width 935 mm (36.8”)
Height 1,120 mm (44.1”)
Wheelbase 1,665 mm (65.6”)
Rake / Trail 29° / 130 mm (5.1″)
Ground Clearance 155 mm (6.1″)
Seat Height 730 mm (28.7′)
Dry Weight 278 kg (611.6 lb)
Fuel Capacity 15 litres (3.3 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Deep Blue Metallic; Deep Metallic Red
MSRP* $12,549 (Sapphire Blue/Liquid Silver Flames) Available from August 2006
$12,449 (Charcoal Silver/Silver) Available from August 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.