2007 Yamaha Virago 250
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha Virago 250
2007 Yamaha Virago 250
Cruiser Style Starts Here.
Getting into the fun of V-twin cruising has never been more affordable than with this numble, confidence-inspiring and economical cruiser.
For years, the Virago 250 has been touted as one of the finest entry bikes around.
And for good reason. With an authentic V-twin engine, the Virago will give you the grunt and growl that you don’t often find in the lightweight class. It’s also got a low 27” seat height for added confidence, perfect for novice riders. One ride and you’ll see why so many entry riders have chosen this nimble, confidence-inspiring cruiser. Heavyweight styling. Lightweight packaging.
– 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine is the real McCoy!
– Long-stroke (49 x 66mm) powerplant is designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
– Narrow, 60° V-twin provides that ‘classic’ cruiser engine styling.
– Convenient electric starting is standard.
– Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor with accelerator pump provides crisp throttle response.
– Transistorized coil ignition ensures fast starts and maximum engine performance. This system is maintenance-free.
– Automatic cam chain tensioners keep maintenance to a minimum and reduce mechanical engine noise.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly.
– Washable, foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
– Dual “shorty” mufflers highlight that classic “American” motorcycle look.
Engine 4-stroke, SOHC, air-cooled,V-twin,
Bore and Stroke 49 x 66 mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Maximum Torque 2.1 kg-m (15.2 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BDS26 x 1
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) 33 mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Dual shocks
Brakes (Front) 282 mm, hydraulic disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 3.00-18
Tires (Rear) 130/90-15
Length 2,190 mm (86.3 in)
Width 815 mm (32.1 in)
Height 1,140 mm (44.9 in)
Wheelbase 1,490 mm (58.7 in)
Seat Height 685 mm (27 in)
Dry Weight 137 kg (302 lb)
Fuel Capacity 9.5 litres (2.1 Imp. gal.)
Colour(s) Dark Metallic Red
USA: $3,499 (Black Cherry) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.