2007 Yamaha WR250F
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha WR250F
2007 Yamaha WR250F
Light, numble, precise.
Ridden any winding, near-vertical goat trails lately? Powerful, maneuverable, and a really low dry weight – did we mention electric starting?
YZ spirit, enduro friendly performance
Take the latest YZ250F powerplant, revise the camshafts for more useable low and mid range torque and you have the beginning of off road enduro superiority. Add a new lightweight aluminum frame plus an all new slim line body and you are ready to hit the tight woods or blast across open terrain. Featuring electric starting, YZ inspired suspension, front and rear lights. The new WR250F …YZ based performance in a specially developed enduro machine. Let the mud and dirt fly !!
– New liquid-cooled, 249cc, 5-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke powerplant with super light titanium valves is based on the current YZ250F engine design. The new WR250F engine features different camshafts and ECU than the YZ250F for improved low to mid range power which is better suited to enduro type riding.
– Super convenient electric starting means fast, sure starts. The electric starter is also backed up by a manual kick starter which has been revised for improved durability and to accommodate the new aluminum frame.
– Hassle free automatic decompression system ensures fast restarts in any gear.
– Convenient, handlebar-mounted hot start lever for easy restarts when the engine is hot.
– Magnesium cylinder head cover helps reduce weight.
– New intake manifold bolts to the head for improved serviceability and function.
– Optimized combustion chamber design provides the most efficient intake and exhaust flow for maximum engine performance
– Titanium valves and load-reduced springs decrease weight by more than 40% over a conventional valve train and reduce reciprocating mass for faster-revving, smoother-hitting power delivery across the rev range.
– Special cylinder design features cutaways that allow the air “trapped” under the piston to enter a side chamber (or cutaway) to reduce horsepower-robbing “pumping losses.”
– New dry sump oil tank is located in front of the engine between the frame tubes for protection. This design centralizes mass and reduces the centre of gravity for improved handing and a lighter feel. The oil “pan” (cases) shape has also been revised to create better circulation and a reduction in oil flow resistance. The oil lines that bring the oil from the tank into the engine have also been revised.
– The crankcase features a tri-axis design for the crank, main and drives axles. This tri-axis design keeps the crankcases more compact while also centralizing mass for better handling. All of the shafts are positioned low in the cases to maintain a low centre of gravity.
– The crankcase also utilizes cutaways to reduce “pumping losses.” The crankcase cutaways match the cutaways in the cylinder.
– All new, enduro focused camshafts (intake & exhaust) provide outstanding low to mid range power well suited for off road use. The cam timing and event angle are changed compared to the YZ equivalent.
– New balancer shaft reduces vibration for improved rider comfort and reduced rider fatigue.
– Lightweight crankshaft provides fast throttle response.
– Lightweight, short-skirt, forged piston provides great durability and its lightweight design means faster engine response.
– Oil volume in engine has been optimized to reduce weight and oil “drag” related power losses.
– Compact design automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
– Revised 37mm, Keihin FCR, flat-slide carburetor features a revised TPS system and a new choke knob . The carb settings have been changed to match the increased power.
– Revised ECU features new ignition mapping to accommodate the engine improvements for maximum power output. The new ECU provides optimal timing at all rpms for strong, fast engine response.
– Lightweight direct ignition coil is integrated into the plug cap to reduce weight and complexity
– Revised wide ratio 5-speed transmission features a new gear ratios for 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. The ratios are closer than the ’06 model for improved rideability and to better match the new engine power characteristics.
– Heavy-duty clutch matches engine output and offers a light, progressive clutch feel with less lever effort for smoother shifting.
– Quick-access, lightweight aluminum outer clutch cover allows fast, easy access to the clutch.
– New YZ based dual radiators provide more frontal surface area while being reduced in thickness. There is a new re-enforcing bar to help protect the rads in the event of a tip over. Newly designed louvers direct cooling air in the rads for maximum cooling efficiency.
– Newly designed airbox matches the new frame and is fastened by one bolt for quick removal. The washable, dual-stage, foam air filter can e accessed without tools via “Dzus-type” fasteners
– All new lightweight exhaust system features a stainless steel header pipe with titanium heat shield, aluminum muffler and titanium rear cone. This system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of the oil filter.
– Lightweight aluminum wrapped muffler offers an 82 dba noise level (stock settings). This muffler features a “serviceable”, screen-type spark arrestor which prevents sparks from exiting the exhaust.
– Oversize race type “barrel adjuster” for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of clutch lever/cable play.
– New AIS (air induction system), located on front side of cylinder head reduces harmful emissions
– All new, lightweight aluminum semi-double-cradle frame, features a cast steering head while the remainder of the frame uses forged, pipe stock and extruded components. Yamaha has maintained the semi double cradle design to allow for “controlled flex” to optimize suspension action. The new frame provides a lower centre of gravity for a light feel and razor sharp handling, plus less rider fatigue, and excellent stability.
– New removable, aluminum rear sub frame constructed of square-section pipe reduces weight and provides easy rear suspension access. Allen-style bolts that secure the sub frame to the main frame for fast, easy removal
– Revised lightweight, tapered, aluminum swingarm is produced using “hydro forming”; a special forming method that uses high pressure water to form shapes. The area at the chain adjuster has been modified for a slight weight reduction.
– Revised, 48mm, adjustable inverted, Kayaba cartridge fork provide excellent suspension performance. The settings have been revised to compliment the new aluminum frame. Front wheel travel is 300mm (11.8″). Front fork adjustments include: 20-way compression damping and 20-way rebound damping. Optional fork springs are available through Genuine Yamaha parts.
– New large plastic fork protectors wrap further around the fork tubes for increased protection. These fork protectors are self-supporting to reduce friction for smoother fork operation.
– New, forged aluminum upper and lower triples clamp reduce weight and provide increased strength.
– Adjustable forged handlebar mounts allow the handlebars to be moved 10mm rearward if desired.
– All-new, lightweight, Pro-Taper aluminum handlebar with reinforcing crossbar and foam pad. The handlebar mount is forged aluminum
– Monocross rear suspension system features a fully adjustable, revised Kayaba piggy back style shock with separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping. For 2007, the shock features a larger sub tank and a slight increase in the overall shock length to match the new aluminum frame.
– The shock adjusts for spring preload, 20 clicks of low-speed compression damping, 2 turns of high-speed compression damping and 20 clicks of rebound damping. Rear wheel travel is 310mm (12″).
– The rear suspension linkage and ratio has been changed for improved suspension function. The linkage design is now same as YZ.
– New 250mm fully floating wave type disc brake is squeezed by a twin piston Nissin caliper fitted with lightweight, aluminum pistons provides excellent braking performance. Shorty style adjustable front brake lever.
– New 245mm wave type utilizes a single piston Nissin caliper and an integrated rear master cylinder (fluid reservoir is integrated into the top of the master cylinder to reduce weight) delivers strong, progressive stopping power with excellent control and feel.
– Rugged, Excel 21″ front and 18″ rear rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
– High tech, lightweight digital meter assembly. This compact meter features: speedometer, dual tripmeters, odometer and a clock in the basic mode. Or in the “race mode”, pace management functions such as timer, and distance compensating tripmeter.
– All new bodywork is very similar to the YZ components. The front fender, rad shrouds, side covers and rear fender are all new for an improved appearance. Body rigidity is increased. The “slim line” bodywork allows fast, easy rider movements and a lighter overall machine feel.
– New seat is based on YZ style but is wider with more padding for improved rider comfort during a long ride.
– All new slim design front headlight is more compact and offers 35 watts of lighting power. The headlight beam is adjustable up and down.
– Slim design LED taillight
– New black plastic fuel tank capacity is 8 liters. Shape has been revised for improved rider mobility.
– Lightweight aluminum kickstand is designed to allow lots of ground clearance.
– Heavy duty one piece resin plastic engine guard. Only 3 bolts hold it in place for easy removal when washing the bike.
– Extra wide stainless steel foot pegs provide excellent grip.
– Premium Dunlop knobby tires
– Heavy duty Excel rims and straight pull spokes.
– Tapered steering head bearings for durability
– Enduro-style lighting front and rear increase versatility by maximizing nighttime and low- light visibility.
– New 8-litre fuel tank with convenient on/off/reserve petcock for peace of mind
– Serrated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip
– Rugged, plastic, lower rear disc and rear caliper protectors
– Sealed, low-maintenance battery is AGM-type to prevent leaks in the event of a tip-over.
– Waterproof starter button and engine kill switch are handlebar-mounted.
– New YZ style chain guide and rubber swingarm protector
– Heavy duty “O” ring chain for durability
Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 5-valve (titanium)
Displacement 249 cc
Bore and Stroke 77 x 53.6 mm
Compression Ratio 12.5:1
Maximum Torque TBA
Fuel Delivery FCR-MX37 Keihin (37mm flat-slide w/throttle position sensor)
Lubrication Dry sump
Ignition Digital CDI
Transmission Wide-ratio, 5-speed
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) Adjustable 48 mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) 250 mm floating disc
Brakes (Rear) 245 mm disc
Tires (Front) 80/100-21
Tires (Rear) 100/100-18
Length 2,165 mm (85.2″)
Width 825 mm (32.5″)
Height 1,300 mm (51.2″)
Wheelbase 1,480 mm (58.3″)
Ground Clearance 365 mm (14.3″)
Seat Height 980 mm (38.6″)
Dry Weight 106kg (233.2 lb)
Fuel Capacity 8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
USA: $6,399 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from October 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.