2007 Yamaha XF50 “C Cubed” C3
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha XF50 “C Cubed” C3
2007 Yamaha XF50 “C Cubed” C3
One tank goes a long way.
The new, cool-looking, fuel-injected scooter that’s fun to ride and carries nine gallons of cargo. But it can also squeeze many miles from a gallon of fuel – good for your wallet, good for the environment, good to go.
Convenient, fun, affordable, and funky … the new “C Cubed ” scooter
Scooters make sense. In today’s busy world of spiraling fuel prices, limited parking spots and frustrating traffic jams, scooters simply make more sense than ever before. Discover what the Europeans have known for years. Scooters are a fun affordable way to travel around town. Bet you will have trouble wiping the smile from your face.
– All new, 49cc, liquid-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 3-valve, fuel injected, 4-stroke engine produces lively, predictable power with incredible fuel economy. The concept of this new engine is strong performance with low noise, low emissions and great fuel mileage.
– Easy, dependable electric starting with backup kick starter.
– The cylinder features a ceramic composite coating which insures uniform heat dissipation, reduced friction and an extended service life.
– Three valve cylinder head design utilizes two intake valves and one exhaust valve. The dual intake valves allow for the efficient flow of fuel and oxygen into the engine for increased power output.
– Rocker arms are used to actuate the valves. These specially designed rocker arms reduce both friction and mechanical noise for a quiet, enjoyable ride.
– Liquid-cooling with fan assist is used to maintain stable engine temperatures even during stop and go city riding. Liquid-cooling allows for a higher state of tune for increased engine performance. The radiator is positioned longiitually in the frame next to the engine.
– Crankcase-sump type oil delivery system is utilized. A special centrifugal (rotary) oil filtering system is employed. This type of oil filtering system automatically removes any particles found in the oil and eliminates oil filter changes. Oil changes only need to be performed every 3,000 kms.
– 19mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system features unified sensors for the throttle position sensor (TPS), intake temperature and pressure. These sensors are linked to the ignition system and provide feedback to provide crisp throttle response. Since this is a fuel injection system, it means there is no choke or idle adjustment to worry about … it is all controlled automatically.
– Easy access, paper-type air filter is used. Total air box capacity is 2.1 liters for excellent performance and reduced intake noise. The air filter is a high flow-type with an extended service life.
– Fully automatic, V-belt centrifugal transmission ensures easy “twist-the-throttle-and-go operation”. There is no clutch or gear shifting to worry about. A wide range reduction ratio is used for peppy performance.
– Maintenance-free CDI system with 2-D mapping provides a precise, high-voltage spark for fast starts and crisp engine performance at all rpms.
– High output 130 watt generator supplies plenty of electrical power.
– Air induction system (AIS) is used to further reduce harmful exhaust emissions. The AIS system injects oxygen into the exhaust to ensure complete fuel combustion, thereby reducing both hydrocarbon (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
– Newly designed exhaust system and muffler produce a very quiet, environmentally friendly exhaust note. The muffler features dual catalytic converters to further reduce harmful exhaust emissions.
– New rugged, step-through, underbone-style, steel-tube frame provides stable, confidence inspiring handling. The open step-through design means it is easy to get on and off the “C Cubed”.
– Long 1280mm wheel base provides stable, relaxed handling characteristics and lots of room for the operator.
– Motorcycle inspired, hydraulic front fork provides a comfortable around town ride. Wheel travel is 58mm (2.3″)
– Single-shock rear suspension provides a plush, comfortable ride. Wheel travel is 56mm (2.2″)
– Front and rear 110mm drum brakes supply strong, reliable stopping power. They are hand operated, for ease of use …. just like on a bicycle !
– All new, rugged yet lightweight, die cast aluminum 5-spoke mag style wheels are fitted with wide, aggressive 120/90X10″ tubeless tires.
– Long and wide single seat offers plenty of room and insures excellent rider comfort.
– Super convenient, large, 34 liter locking, under seat storage compartment can easily hold a half helmet or other items like a briefcase, laptop computer, umbrella, purse, jacket, change of shoes, tennis racket, Frisbee etc.
– Special helmet holder allows you to safely secure your helmet in front of the seat. Since the holder is located under the seat, the helmet can not be removed without first unlocking the seat.
– Large 4.5 liter fuel tank means lots and lots of kilometers between fill-ups. The locking fuel cap is located below the floorboard under a small easy access panel.
– New, large size 35/35-watt multi-cut lens halogen headlight maximizes nighttime illumination and day time visibility. It also adds a unique styling touch.
– Full-size floorboards and wide, stylish front apron provide excellent splash and wind protection and highlights that unique “lets have fun” styling.
– All new, easy to read speedometer assembly features an integrated electric fuel gauge. Large size digits are very easy to read. Other functions include high beam indicator, turn signal indicator, coolant temperature warning and engine diagnostic / trouble warning lights.
– Ultra convenient, main ignition switch serves two purposes. Not only does it control the ignition, but is also locks the steering. By using a special “tab” on the ignition key, you can slide a cover over the tumbler area of the ignition assembly which prevents someone from tampering with the actual switch.
– High visibility wrap around rear taillight
– Push-to-cancel-type turn signals enhance ease of use.
– Easy-to-use centre stand
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery
– Locking fuel cap and steering
– Heat shield on muffler
– Flexible rear turn signals resist damage
– Front and rear side reflectors help maximize conspicuity in city traffic.
Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 3-valve, single
Displacement 49 cc
Bore and Stroke 38 x 43.5 mm
Compression Ratio 12:1
Maximum Torque 0.39 kg-m (2.8 ft-lb) @ 6,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni 19mm Throttle Body Fuel Injection
Final Drive Belt/spur gear
Suspension (Front) Telescopic fork
Suspension (Rear) Single shock unit swingarm
Brakes (Front) Drum
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 120/90-10
Tires (Rear) 120/90-10
Length 1855 mm (73.”)
Width 685 mm (27″)
Height 1,045 mm (41.1″)
Wheelbase 1,280 mm (50.4″)
Seat Height 735 mm (28.9″)
Dry Weight 85 kg (187 lb)
Fuel Capacity 4.5 litres (1 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Deep Metallic Purplish Blue; Silver
USA: $1,999 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from November 2006
$1,999 (Liquid Silver) Available from November 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.