2007 Yamaha XT225
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha XT225
2007 Yamaha XT225
Does your mind wander?
Then why not take your body along for the ride? You can ride the XT225 off-road or off into the heart of the urban jungle.
Which do you love more: winding down a country road or bumping and hustling your way down a dry creek bed? For those who can’t decide, we have the perfect answer.
The XT225 was designed for ultimate versatility at a great price. A reliable 4-stroke revs out predictable power, and the wide-ratio 6-speed transmission with manual clutch and class-leading low seat height gives you performance and ease of use, regardless of where your adventure takes you.
– Reliable, 223cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve,
– 4-stroke engine puts out strong, predictable torque across the entire RPM range for great on- and off-road fun.
– Hassle-free, push-button electric starting adds extra convenience and reliability.
– Ceramic composite cylinder plating helps dissipate heat more efficiently, increasing both performance and durability.
– Internal engine counterbalancer reduces vibration to maximize rider comfort.
– Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and mechanical noise.
– Maintenance-free CDI ignition produces a hot spark for sure starts.
– 34mm flat slide Mikuni carb provides crisp throttle response.
– Washable, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
– Wide-ratio, 6-speed transmission and manual clutch are well suited for a wide range of terrain and riding conditions.
– Heavy-duty, aluminum engine skid plate adds extra degree of protection against damage in rocky or rutted terrain.
– Stainless steel exhaust pipe with heat shields protects both rider and passenger from accidental contact. Quiet noise output is environmentally friendly.
– Rugged, diamond-type steel frame and an overall dry weight of only 108kg (238 lb), makes the XT225 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market.
– Rugged, box section swingarm fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
– 36mm fork with 225mm (8.9″) of wheel travel soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off. Rubber boots protect seals and tubes from dirt grit damage.
– Link Monocross rear suspension features an adjustable shock. Adjustments include spring preload and 20-way rebound damping. Rear wheel travel is 190mm (7.5″)
– Low seat height of 810mm (31.9″) creates a low centre of gravity for added maneuverability and inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
– 285mm (11.2″) of ground clearance enhances terrainability.
– 220mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper and rugged, plastic rotor protector
– Rear drum brake with easy-to-use adjuster and wear indicator
– 21″ front and 18″ rear lightweight alloy wheels are extremely durable and reduce unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance.
– Long, YZ-style seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort.
– Durable, plastic fenders keep mud and dirt off the rider when taking one’s exploring off-road.
– Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
– Powerful, 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight
– Small fairing reduces wind buffeting at highway speeds and provides added protection against weather and mud.
– Standard instrumentation includes a speedometer with odometer and resettable tripmeter, and indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals.
– Serrated, folding steel footpegs
– Folding gear shift and rear brake lever
– Steering lock
– Helmet lock
– Frame-mounted tool kit holder
– Durable “O” ring chain
– Easy-to-use, handlebar-mounted choke knob
– Dependable, low-maintenance, sealed battery
– Flexible turn signals
– Easy-to-use, push-to-cancel turn signals
– Locking fuel cap
– Rubber boots on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage.
– On/off/reserve fuel petcock
– Rugged, plastic rear chain guide
Engine Air-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single
Bore and Stroke 70 x 58mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Maximum Torque 1.72kg-m (12.4 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BST34 x 1
Transmission 6-speed w/manual clutch
Final Drive O-ring chain
Suspension (Front) Air adj. 36mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link-type Monocross
Brakes (Front) 220mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 2.75-21
Tires (Rear) 120/80-18
Length 2,100mm (82.7″)
Width 805mm (31.5″)
Height 1,160mm (45.7″)
Wheelbase 1,350mm (53.1″)
Seat Height 810mm (31.9″)
Dry Weight 108kg (238 lb)
Fuel Capacity 8.8 litres (1.9 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Purplish White
USA: $4,199 (White/Team Yamaha Blue) Available from September 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.