2008 Honda CRF100F
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF100F
2008 Honda CRF100F
Amazingly versatile, anvil-tough and used by everyone from beginners to world champions to hone their riding skills, the CRF100F remains one of the most popular off-road bikes of all time.
The only thing greater than the CRF100F’s versatility is its popularity as one of the most beloved off-road bikes Honda has ever created. Lightweight, easy to handle and stone-reliable, the CRF100F boasts a bulletproof four-stroke engine, smooth five-speed transmission, and just enough size for adults to have fun on—and a seat height just low enough that younger riders can too. Quite simply, it’s probably one of the greatest off-road teaching tools ever invented.
The CRF100F’s legendary durability has helped make it the training machine of choice for even pro-level racers, while its comfortable size and forgiving, user-friendly nature appeal to younger riders who are just getting up to speed. Its seat height is lower than the CRF150F’s, yet with large 19-inch front and 16-inch rear wheels, it can go almost anywhere you ask it to. Add full Showa suspension, a slick-shifting five-speed gearbox with manual clutch, and a powerful and reliable 99 cc four-stroke engine, and you have a bike that just about everyone in the family can enjoy, year after year after year.
Features & Benefits
– Simple, proven, dependable 99cc four-stroke engine produces smooth, easy-to-use power that’s ideal for recreational riders.
– 22mm carburetor offers excellent throttle response.
– Valve-guide, valve-stem seal and piston-ring design minimize oil consumption and maintain consistent power delivery at all operating temperatures.
– Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Ultra-reliable CD ignition never needs maintenance.
– Primary kickstarting for easy starts in any gear.
– Lightweight, upswept exhaust system utilizes a quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/ spark arrester.
– Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth engagement and durability.
– Lightweight high-tensile steel frame is durable and strong.
– Leading-axle 27mm Showa front fork offers 5.2 inches of compliant suspension travel.
– Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock.
– Lightweight screw-type drive chain adjusters for simple maintenance.
– Lightweight, powerful drum brakes.
– CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Keyed ignition switch provides added security.
– Durable body components.
– CR®-style seat shape and thicker seat foam accommodate a broad range of rider sizes.
– Generous ground clearance and skidplate for undercarriage protection.
– CR-shape handlebar enhances rider comfort.
– High-quality controls feature dogleg levers, comfortable grips and side-pull throttle just like those of the bigger CRFs.
– Cleated, folding and self-cleaning footpegs offer secure footing.
– Long-wearing knobby tires offer excellent grip on a variety of terrain.
– Fork boots help protect stanchion tubes and fork seals.
– Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
– Durable steel sprockets.
– Washable, reusable foam air filter.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 99cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 45mm
Compression ratio: 9.4:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 22mm piston-valve carburetor
Final Drive: #428 chain; 14T/50T
Front: 27mm leading-axle Showa fork; 5.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock; 5.8 inches travel
Wheelbase: 49.2 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 28.5°
Trail: 99mm (3.9 inches)
Seat Height: 30.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 10.0 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons, including 0.3 reserve
Curb Weight*: 174 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $2,799 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 99 cc
Bore & Stroke 53 mm x 45 mm
Compression Ratio 9.4:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 22 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission Five-speed with manual clutch
Final Drive #428 chain; 14T/50T
Front Suspension 27 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 132 mm (5.2 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock; 147 mm (5.8 inches) travel
Tires 2.50 – 19 front; 3.00 – 16 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum
Ground Clearance 254 mm (10 inches)
Seat Height 785 mm (30.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,250 mm (49.2 inches)
Dry Weight 79 kg (174 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 4.9 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change