2008 Honda Ruckus
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda Ruckus
2008 Honda Ruckus
What do you call an economical scooter that also has plenty of attitude and a too-cool look? We call it the Ruckus.
You’ve never seen anything quite like the Ruckus — it’s a bare-bones knock-around scooter that loves to go just about anywhere you want to take it. The 49 cc four-stroke engine can run for days without needing to visit a gas station. The electric starter, V-Matic automatic transmission and low seat height make it easy to ride on those commutes to school or work. Special deep-tread tires grip hard on city pavement, and they’ll bite hard on dirt or gravel roads around your cottage. And because it’s a Honda, you know the Ruckus will give you years of enjoyment with a minimum of maintenance.
Ride a Ruckus, and you don’t just make the scene. You are the scene. Its zippy 49cc engine and easy ergonomics get you where the action is quick. And with its oversized double headlights, bare-bones utilitarian frame and eye-catching graphics and color choices, the Ruckus guarantees you’ll turn heads when you get there.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– New Metallic Silver color joins Black.
– Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
– Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
– Maintenance-free ignition system.
– Starter system utilizes the engine’s brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
– Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
– Compact, engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
– Electromagnetic fuel pump is located adjacent to the fuel tank under the floorboard of the Ruckus.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
– Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
– Two-piece, die-cast aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
– Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
– Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
– Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping.
– Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
– Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.9-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
– Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beams. Fuel indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
– Audible turn-signal indicator.
– Parking brake.
– Helmet holder locks helmet into place under seat.
– Backup kickstart lever.
– Dual headlights with two 35-watt bulbs. Low/high beams provide ample nighttime illumination.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Induction: 15mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Wheelbase: 49.8 inches
Seat Height: 28.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons
Color: Black, Metallic Silver
Curb Weight*: 194 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $2,849 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 49 cc
Bore & Stroke 37.8 mm x 44 mm
Compression Ratio 11.9:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery 15 mm CV with auto choke
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Final Drive Spec Description
Front Suspension Twin downtube fork; 56 mm (2.2 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 66 mm (2.6 inches) travel
Tires 120/90 – 10 front; 130/90 – 10 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum
Seat Height 734 mm (28.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,265 mm (49.8 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 5 litres
Colour Black, Moonstone Silver Metallic
Specifications and features are subject to change