2008 Honda VTX1800N
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda VTX1800N
2008 Honda VTX1800N
New and traditional styling cues merge together in the VTX1800N to create a bold and innovative custom cruiser.
Past perfect? Future perfect? Forget the grammar lesson and just check out how stylishly trend setting a VTX can be.
If there was a golden age of hot rods, it had to be the 1950s. And that’s where our designers got the inspiration for the VTX1800N. You can see the ’50s influence in the straight-cut exhaust tips with five-bolt caps, the wrap-around rear fender with integrated LED taillight that hugs the fat radial tire, and the wide, flangeless gas tank. The VTX1800N gives you a retro look, but its performance is fully up-to-date. The liquid-cooled V-twin engine uses advanced high-pressure fuel injection, and Honda’s Linked Braking System (LBS) helps you stop quickly and safely.
In most cases, one might think Neo Retro a contradiction in terms, but it fits the VTX1800N like a fingerless glove. Stylish, head-turning … this VTX is all that, from its swooping hot-rod fenders and straight—cut mufflers with 5—bolt tips to the new—age LED taillights and fat tires hugging gorgeous cast aluminum wheels. Throwback beauty with a modern—day touch … it doesn’t get any better than this.
– Flush-Mounted LED Brake & Taillights
– Bullet-Style Turn Signals
– Hot-Rod Retro Fender Style
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– The VTX1800N is available in these exciting colors: Black (Spec 1), Dark Orange Metallic (Spec 1 & 2), Black / Black Custom Art (Spec 2).
– VTX1800N is available in two distinctive build variations: Spec 1 and 2.
– Beautiful neo-retro styling with cast-aluminum wheels.
– Rear fender rails feature a unique slotted design.
– Flangeless 5.3-gallon fuel tank offers excellent cruising range.
– Fuel tank features a pinstripe quality VTX icon for a unique, custom look.
– Flush-mounted double-chevron LED brakelight and taillight.
– Staggered dual exhaust with straight-cut five-bolt muffler tips.
– Fat 150/80 front tire on a 17-inch wheel gives the VTX a commanding profile.
– California model utilizes an electronic control unit (ECU) closed-loop emissions system with two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture while two exhaust catalyzers reduce emissions.
Spec 1 Custom-Building Options
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin-black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
– Handlebar: Cast-aluminum risers and caps with hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Satin-brushed aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Inverted fork tubes with satin-brushed finish and caps.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Cast-aluminum with hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Switch Housings: Smooth cast-aluminum finish.
– Radiator Cover: Gloss-black finish.
– Floor Boards: Hairline satin-brushed aluminum.
– Final-Drive Housing: Silver finish.
– Wheels: Satin-brushed cast-aluminum.
– Rear Shocks: Ribbed-design, chromed dual with hairline satin-brushed top mounts.
Spec 2 Custom-Building Options
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin-black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
– Handlebar: Chrome-plated aluminum handlebar risers and caps.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Highly polished aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Chrome steel covers and chrome caps highlight fork tubes.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Highly polished cast-aluminum.
– Switch Housings: Hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Radiator Cover: Chrome sidecovers.
– Floor Boards: Polished and chrome-plated aluminum.
– Final-Drive Housing: Hairline satin-brushed finish with chrome-plated axle caps and fasteners.
– Wheels: Highly polished cast-aluminum.
– Rear Shocks: Ribbed-design, chromed dual with an A-shape top mounting eyelet.
– Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin that hammers out immense power.
– V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
– Advanced technology Offset Dual-Pin Crankshaft (see Technology Section).
– The 41.4-pound forged-steel crankshaft uses bolt-on weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the V-twin design.
– Three-Valve Dual Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section).
– Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
– Easy-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
– ECU provides digital 3-D fuel-injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
– A unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low 27.4-inch seat height.
– High-capacity radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– The engine’s power is harnessed by a massive tubular steel frame and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
– Large 45mm inverted front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
– Dual chrome rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– Linked Braking System (LBS™) (see Technology Section).
– Distinctive, chrome hooded-headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– Tank-mounted chrome Nacelle houses the fuel cap, tripmeter/odometer reset and indicator/ warning lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral , low fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temperature and fuel injection.
– Reliable 300-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free battery.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
VTX1800N 1and 2 Honda Genuine Accessories
Backrests and Rear Carriers: Adjustable Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (5-Position), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Traditional), Chrome Rear Carrier (Traditional), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Rear Carrier (Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Brackets (Neo-Retro), Chrome Passenger Grab Rails (Fits all style backrests).
Windscreens: Custom Windscreen (Performance Style), Custom Windscreen (Traditional Style), Boulevard Screen (Clear), Boulevard Screen (Smoke), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Neo-Retro), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Smooth), Sport Screen, Lower Wind Deflectors.
Lightbars: Chrome Lightbar (Neo-Retro), Chrome Lightbar, Chrome Spotlight Visors, Chrome Fork Tube Cover Set (available on Spec 2 only).
Leather: Leather Saddlebags (18 Plain), Leather Saddlebags (18 Studded), Leather Saddlebags (18 Fringed), Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Tank Belt (Plain), Leather Tank Belt (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Plain), Leather Touring Bag (Fringed), Leather Front Pouch (Studded), Leather Front Pouch (Plain), Leather Front Pouch (Fringed).
Chrome Appearance: Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Chrome Radiator Guard, Chrome Front Fender Ornament, Chrome Master-Cylinder Cap, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts.
Chrome Billet: Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (Fluted), Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (V Design), Chrome Billet Dipstick (Fluted), Chrome Billet Dipstick (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Clutch Cover (Fluted), Chrome Billet Clutch Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Timing and Crankshaft Cover Set (Fluted), Chrome Billet Timing Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Chrome Billet Countershaft Cover Trim (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Upper Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Fluted), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (V Design), Chrome Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Fluted), Chrome Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet License-Plate Frame (Fluted), Chrome Billet License-Plate Frame (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet License-Plate Frame (V Design), Chrome Billet Upper Fork Nut Covers, Chrome Billet Banjo Bolt Covers.
Additional Honda Genuine Accessories: Digital Audio System, Chrome Heated Grips, Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm inverted fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Front: 150/80R-17 radial
Rear: 180/70R-16 radial
Wheelbase: 67.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
Trail: 163mm (6.4 inches)
Seat Height: 27.4 inches
Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gallons
Black (Spec 1), Dark Orange Metallic (Spec 1 & 2), Black / Black Custom Art (Spec 2)
Curb Weight*: 804
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $19,199 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 1,795 cc
Bore & Stroke 101 mm x 112 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI with automatic choke
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 45 mm fork, 129 mm (5.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 99 mm (3.9 inches) travel
Tires 150/80R – 17 radial front; 180/70R – 16 radial rear
Brakes Front dual 296 mm discs with LBS three-piston calipers; rear single 316 mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Seat Height 696 mm (27.4 inches)
Wheelbase 1,714 mm (67.5 inches)
Dry Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 20 litres
Specifications and features are subject to change