2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Back to 2008 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Performance and value that’s hard to beat: a full-sized cruiser ready for the open road
One of Kawasaki’s best-selling cruisers, the Vulcan® 1500 Classic owes this success to a big-bore V-twin engine wrapped in ageless styling that serves as a great starting point for a uniquely customized motorcycle. Riders can access an extensive line of Kawasaki accessories to create a distinctive motorcycle that will not only run with the best, but will also serve as its owner’s signature.
The heart of the 1500 Classic is its 90-cubic inch fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, SOHC V-twin engine that features elegantly sculpted cylinders and polished cooling fins. The engine is rubber-mounted and has a gear-driven engine balancer to smooth the vibrations – well enough to allow the use of a single-pin crank, which helps it produce a distinct V-twin rumble. Each of the big 50-degree V-twin’s cylinders has four valves actuated by a single overhead cam and more than 84 foot pounds of torque at 2,800 rpm.
Mated to a five-speed transmission, with Kawasaki’s Positive Neutral Finder, the gearing and the EFI V-twin power combination delivers the perfect mix for city street riding and effortless highway cruising.
The classic cruiser look is long and low, which is exactly how the Vulcan 1500 Classic’s chassis is designed. An extra-low 27.6-inch seat height, wide handlebar, forward-mounted floorboards and plush suspension system add up to a comfortable ride aboard the 1500 Classic. The speedometer, fuel gauge and warning lamps are located on a center console atop the wide 5.0-gallon fuel tank. A large-diameter, chrome halogen headlight illuminates the open road and adds to the Classic’s distinctive appearance.
Available in solid Ebony or a Two Tone Candy Cardinal Red and Pearl Crystal White, the 2008 Vulcan 1500 Classic can be customized with a wide variety of authentic Kawasaki accessories which are available through your local Kawasaki dealer.
– 1470cc / 90 cu. in.
– SOHC, 50° V-Twin
– 84.6 lbs.-ft. of torque at 2,800 rpm
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during prolonged use
– Auxiliary fan ensures low operating temperatures, even in traffic
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber decreases engine detonation with today’s low-octane gasoline
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Electronic Fuel Injection
– Produces easy starting, smooth running, optimum performance and reduced exhaust emissions
Gear-driven Engine Balancer & Rubber-mounted Engine
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
– Engine is rubber-mounted to all but eliminate vibration at all speeds
– Five-speed transmission combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Allows easy shifting from first gear to neutral after coming to a stop, every time
– Reliable, quiet and low-maintenance
Chrome-plated Wire Spoke Wheels
– Wide front and rear tires on sparkling 16-inch chrome wheels
SPECIFICATIONS USA – 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic:
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve per cylinder, 50° V-twin
Displacement: 1,470cc / 90 cu.in.
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 90.0 mm
Maximum torque: 84.6 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Fuel injection: DFI with dual 36mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: Shaft
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 6.5 in.
Front tire: 130/90-16
Rear tire: 150/80-16
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Twin Shocks, with five-way adjustable preload / 3.4 in.
Brakes, front: Single 300mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
Brakes, rear: Single 270mm hydraulic disc
Overall length: 98.6 in.
Overall width: 39.2 in.
Overall height: 44.9 in.
Seat height: 27.6 in.
Dry weight: 659 lbs.
Wheelbase: 65.6 in.
Fuel tank capacity: 5.0 gal.
Two Tone: Candy Cardinal Red / Pearl Crystal White
MSRP standard / two tone: $9,699 / $9,899
SPECIFICATIONS Canada – 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic:
Specifications and features are subject to change