2008 Suzuki SV650S
Back to 2008 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Suzuki SV650S
2008 Suzuki SV650S
Welcome to a bike that combines middleweight agility with V-twin power – and tops it all off with aggressive and sporty styling. The 2007 Suzuki SV650SF.
Middleweight sport bikes are known for their responsive handling, and the SV650SF is engineered to set the standard for its class. With its light and rigid aluminum-alloy truss frame and technically advanced suspension front and rear, it invites you to carve up the canyon roads with complete confidence.
The SV650SF offers an equal measure of V-twin excitement. It’s loaded with advanced designs, starting with a liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine that boasts a wide powerband with crisp throttle response and strong acceleration in every gear. What’s more, its 90-degree V-twin design offers perfect primary balance, which results in smooth performance and comfortable open-road riding.
– Twin spark plug cylinder heads for improved combustion and reduced emissions.
– Compact 645 cc, 90 degree liquid-cooled V-twin, DOHC 8-valve engine tuned for strong low to mid rpm power
– 90 degree V-twin cylinder layout eliminates primary vibration without a counterbalancer, keeping the engine simple and compact
– Lightweight chain-driven DOHC, shim-under-bucket valve system with 31 mm intake valves and 25.5 mm exhaust valves
– Electronic fuel injection system featuring the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) – maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output – includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS)
– High capacity liquid-cooling system enhances engine performance and durability – coolant routing is integrated with the clutch cover and engine case for a cleaner look and reduced weight
– Smooth-shifting 6-speed transmission with vertically staggered transmission shafts for a shorter, more compact crankcase
– Plastic outer clutch cover and engine sprocket cover for reduced weight and noise
– Lightweight 2-into-1 exhaust system tuned for strong low and mid-range torque
– Sleek fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights and folding mirrors
– Narrow, lightweight aluminum truss-style frame constructed with high-vacuum die-cast process for more consistent strength and fewer individual welded sections
– Black-painted frame, swingarm, and wheels for more sport appearance
41 mm front fork with 130 mm of wheel travel provides a smooth, compliant ride
– Link-type single-shock rear suspension with 7-way adjustable preload
– Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight with high torsional rigidity
– Powerful dual hydraulic disc front brakes with 290 mm floating rotors and adjustable brake lever position
– Single disc rear brake with 240 mm rotor
– Compact instrument cluster includes analog tach, LCD speedometer, odometer/tripmeters, and temperature gauge, plus LCD clock and low fuel warning light
– Steeply-angled tail section houses unique vertically-styled, high visibility LED taillight and compact rear fender
– Large under-seat storage area, passenger grab-bar and tie-down hooks
– Slim 4.5 gallon fuel tank with low fuel warning light
– Hinged fuel tank swings up for easy access to the airbox and throttle bodies
– Wide radial tires mounted on lightweight, 3-spoke cast aluminum wheels
Model Number SV650SK8
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Suggested Retail $6899
Engine 645 cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90Ã‚° V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC
Bore & Stroke 81.0 x 62.6 mm
Compression Ratio 11.5:1
Fuel System Fuel Injection
Lubrication Wet Sump
Final Drive #525 chain
Overall Length 2085 mm (82.1 in.)
Overall Width 730 mm (28.7 in.)
Overall Height 1170 mm (46.1 in.)
Seat Height 800 mm (31.5 in.)
Ground Clearance 155 mm (6.1 in.)
Wheelbase 1430 mm (56.3 in.)
Dry Weight 175kg (385 lbs.)
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, fully adjustable preload
Suspension Rear Link-type, 7-way adjustable spring preload
Brakes Front Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front 120/60-ZR17
Tires Rear 160/60-ZR17
Fuel Tank Capacity 17 liter (4.5 gal.) 16 liter (4.2 gal.) CA model
Color Blue, Gray