2009 Honda CRF250L
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF250L
2009 Honda CRF250L
The Honda CRF230L is the perfect motorcycle for riders who don’t want the end of the road to mean the end of their fun. With its lightweight CRF chassis, responsive 223 cc four-stroke engine and comfortable size, the CRF230L is a blast to ride on the trail. And with a full complement of on-road gear, it’s also a great street bike for both novice and experienced riders alike. The CRF230L is easy to handle, fun to ride, and loaded with premium features such as a powerful front disc brake and electric start. Honda has a long history of building great dual-purpose bikes. The CRF230L continues that proud tradition.
It’s hard knowing where to begin when describing the CRF230L. First, it’s a dirtbike that happens to be street-legal, so it has the goods—223cc single-cylinder engine, six-speed gearbox, lightweight chassis, Pro-Link® rear suspension, turn signals—to take you anywhere, on-road or off. Add to that electric start and great gas mileage, and you’re looking at the perfect dual-sport machine for conquering your commute or your favorite trail.
With the do-it-all CRF230L, you get a compact and lightweight adventure-loving dual-sport machine that willingly serves as an economical commuter, a motor-home runabout or a weekend outback-exploration vehicle.
– Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and lots of torque spread over a wide rpm range.
– 30mm CV carburetor for crisp throttle response.
– Electric start for easy starting.
– Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
– Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty O-ring – sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm.
– Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
– 37mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.0 inches of suspension travel.
– Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 6.3 inches of travel.
– Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
– Powerful 240mm front disc brake, and 220mm rear disc brake.
– Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
– CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
– Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
– Durable front and rear steel sprockets.
– High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
– Wide, cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs and brake pedal for secure footing.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– Maintenance-free sealed battery.
– Ignition switch key for added security.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Rear Rack.
– Hand Guard Kit.
2009 Honda CRF250L – USA Specifications
MSRP: $4,549 USD
Engine Type 223cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke 65.5 x 66.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Valve Train SOHC; two valve
Induction 30mm CV carburetor
Final Drive #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 37mm leading-axle Showa® fork; 9.0 inches of travel
Rear Suspension Pro-link Showa® single shock with adjustable spring preload; 6.3 inches of travel
Front Brake Single 240 mm disc
Rear Brake 220 mm disc
Front Tire 2.75-21
Rear Tire 120/80-18
Rake 26.83 degrees
Trail 103mm (4.0 inches)
Wheelbase 52.75 inches
Seat Height 31.9 inches
Curb Weight 267 lbs (*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 2.3 gallons, including 0.7 gallon reserve
Ground Clearance 9.5 inches
Available Colors Red
Model ID CRF230L
Emissions Meets current CARB and EPA standards
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Coverage of defects in materials and workmanship
2009 Honda CRF250L – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $5,499 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 223 cc
Bore & Stroke 65.5 mm x 66.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9:01
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 30 mm CV carb
Transmission Six-speed with manual clutch
Final Drive #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/39T
Front Suspension 37 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 205 mm (8.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustability; 155 mm (6.1 inches) travel
Tires 2.75 – 21 front; 120/80 – 18 rear
Brakes Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 220 mm disc
Ground Clearance 243 mm (9.6 inches)
Seat Height 810 mm (31.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,340 mm (52.7 inches)
Curb Weight 121 kg (267 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 8.7 litres, including 2.7-litre reserve
Colour Extreme Red