2009 Honda CRF250X
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF250X
2009 Honda CRF250X
Offering a compelling combination of light weight and tractable power in one of the best-handling packages in the off-road world, the CRF250X sets the standard for 250-class performance.
· Electric-start system for easy starting in all conditions.
· Gas-tank capacity is 1.9 gallons.
· Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
· USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
· Powerful 35-watt halogen headlight features an innovative lens for a wide range of illumination.
· Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
· Convenient sidestand.
· Easy-access air filter.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Suspension tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
· 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
· Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for easy-to-control operation (see Technology Section).
· Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
· Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 59.3 pounds.
· ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
· Forged 12.9:1-compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
· 37mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
· Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
· Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
· Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
· Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design, and coolant recovery tank.
· Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
· T-ring- sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower and is stronger compared to conventional chains.
· Durable five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
· Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head (see Technology Section).
· 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples as used on the CRF250R.
· Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
· Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
· Revised, sophisticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork (see Technology Section).
· Pro-Link® Rear Suspension with new damper settings (see Technology Section).
· Large 50mm diameter for rear shock damper piston for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
· HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a separate reservoir and hose assembly.
· Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest frame width for improved comfort and handling feel.
· Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
· Wide, cleated, stainless-steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
· Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
· Handlebar holders provide two different mounting positions to match rider preference.
· Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
· Adjustable front brake lever.
· Quick-adjust clutch.
· Chain-guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
· Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
· Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
· Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
· Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
· Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life.
· Honda Racing- inspired colors and graphics.
· When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
2009 Honda CRF150R – USA Specifications
MSRP: 0,000 USD
Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 78mm x 52.2mm
Compression ratio: 12.9:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 31mm intake valve; 26mm exhaust valve
Induction: Keihin 37mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
Starting: Electric and kick
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/49T
Suspension Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Tires Front: 80/100-21
Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 27.54o
Trail: 118mm (4.7 inches)
Seat Height: 37.7 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gallons
Curb Weight*: 253 pounds
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
Meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
2009 Honda CRF250X – Canada Specifications