2009 Honda CRF80F
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF80F
2009 Honda CRF80F
It’s a scenario seen all the time with youth riders – they’re ready to graduate to a serious off-road bike, yet they’re still too small for a bike like the CRF100F. Enter the CRF80F. With big-bike performance features like a manual clutch and a five-speed gearbox, in addition to ruggedly reliable four-stroke power, the CRF80F is simply further proof that Honda’s off-road line-up has a machine for every step along a young rider’s learning curve.
The CRF80F features Honda’s legendary reliability, big-bike styling, nimble handling and wonderfully balanced performance. It’s the perfect match for young riders ready to step up to a manual clutch machine.
Features & Benefits
– Durable, proven and simple 80cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine develops smooth, tractable power that’s ideal for beginners.
– Ultra-reliable CD ignition never needs maintenance.
– 20mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
– Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Primary kickstarting for easy starts in any gear.
– Lightweight, upswept competition-type exhaust system utilizes a quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
– Durable, smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty clutch with smooth, progressive engagement.
– Lightweight high-tensile steel frame is rigid, durable and offers ideal geometry for recreational off-roading.
– Leading-axle 27mm Showa front fork offers 5.5 inches of compliant suspension travel.
– Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers a smooth ride.
– Knobby tires offer excellent grip and long life.
– Lightweight screw-type drive chain adjusters for simple maintenance.
– Powerful, lightweight drum brakes.
– CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Keyed ignition switch provides added security.
– Durable body components.
– CRF-style seat shape accommodates a broad range of rider sizes.
– Generous ground clearance and rugged skidplate for undercarriage protection.
– CRF-shape handlebar enhances rider comfort.
– High-quality controls feature comfortable grips, dogleg levers and side-pull throttle just like those of the bigger CRFs.
– Cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs offer secure footing.
– Fork boots help protect stanchion tubes and fork seals.
– Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
– Durable steel sprockets.
– Washable, reusable foam air filter.
Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.
When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
2009 Honda CRF80F – USA Specifications
MSRP: 2,099 USD
Engine Type: 80cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47.5mm x 45mm
Compression ratio: 9.7:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 20mm piston-valve carburetor
Final Drive: #420 chain; 14T/46T
Suspension Front: 27mm leading-axle Showa fork; 5.5 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock; 4.3 inches travel
Brakes Front: Drum
Tires Front: 2.50-16
Wheelbase: 47.6 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 28.02o
Trail: 74mm (2.9 inches)
Seat Height: 28.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 8.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons, including 0.3 reserve
Curb Weight*: 163 pounds
6 months Coverage of defects in materials and workmanship
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
2009 Honda CRF80F – Canada Specifications