2009 Kawasaki KLX110 Monster Energy
Back to 2009 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
• 2009 Kawasaki KLX110 Monster Energy
2009 Kawasaki KLX110 Monster Energy
Monster graphics package just like the pro racers
The Kawasaki KLX™110 is already noted for its exceptional versatility, and the KLX110 Monster Energy® should be extra popular with aspiring young champions and motocross fans of all ages. An ideal choice for beginners or anyone wanting a dependable play bike for exploring and mini-moto racing; its black bodywork and frame, and authentic Monster Energy graphics help set the KLX110 Monster Energy apart from the pack.
The KLX110 is motivated by a user-friendly 111cc air-cooled, two-valve, four-stroke engine that features a screw-type adjustable throttle limiter. This easily accessible item allows parents to adjust the maximum speed and power output to suit less experienced young riders.
The engine’s tractable power is delivered to the rear knobby through an easy-shifting, semi-automatic three-speed transmission, complete with centrifugal clutch. This system allows newer riders to quickly gain confidence by focusing on the basics of steering and balance instead of throttle/clutch coordination.
The robust frame KLX110 is constructed from high-tensile steel, and its race-bred bodywork and graphics will undoubtedly please young motocross fans. The compact fuel tank, seat, cool looking shrouds and number plates were all plucked from Kawasaki’ two-stroke KX™65 competition motocross machine.
The KLX110 can be customized with Authentic Kawasaki Accessories available at Kawasaki dealers.
Monster Energy Edition
– Special Monster Energy graphics package
– Black plastic and frame highlight special Monster Energy graphics
Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke 111cc Engine
– Single-cylinder engine is user-friendly for entry-level riders yet fun enough for advanced riders
– Compact lay-down engine design for low center of gravity
– Three-speed semi-automatic transmission with centrifugal clutch provides entry-level riders with shifting experience without the distraction of clutch actuation
Safety Features and Parental Controls
– Engine starts only in neutral for added safety
– Large engine stop switch is within easy reach on the handlebar
– Screw-type throttle limiter allows parents to monitor and control their child’s speed
Capable Suspension and Wheels
– 30mm telescopic conventional fork with 4.3 inches of travel
– Single hydraulic shock with 4.2 inches of travel
– 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires provide good traction off-road
Robust and Compact Design
– High-tensile steel backbone frame is strong yet lightweight
– Strategically placed heat shields provide extra protection from the exhaust pipe
– Low 25.6-inch seat height
– Sporty-looking fuel tank, seat, shrouds and number plates are same as the KX65 motocross bike
– U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor comes as standard equipment
2009 Kawasaki KLX110 Monster Energy – USA Specifications
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 53.0 x 50.6mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Keihin PB18
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Backbone frame, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 25.5 degrees / 2.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 4.2 in.
Front tire: 2.50×14
Rear tire: 3.00×12
Front brake / rear brake: Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum
Overall length: 61.2 in.
Overall width: 26.0 in.
Overall height: 37.6
Ground clearance: 7.5 in.
Seat height: 25.6 in.
Curb weight: 149.9 lbs.
Wheelbase: 41.9 in.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Color choices: Ebony
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, Calif. 92618
2009 Kawasaki KLX110 Monster Energy – Canada Specifications
Type 4-stroke, single
Displacement 111 cc
Bore and Stroke 53 x 50.6 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Valve System SOHC, 2 valves
Carburetion Keihin PB18
Lubrication Forced lubrication, wet sump
Transmission 3-speed, return
Final Drive Chain
Final Reduction Ratio 2.357 (33/14)
Clutch Automatic wet centrifugal and wet multi-disc
Type Backbone, high tensile steel
Wheel Travel: Front 110 mm
Wheel Travel: Rear 107 mm
Tires: Front 2.50-14 4PR
Tires: Rear 3.00-12 4PR
Caster (Rake) 25.5°
Trail 54 mm
Front Telescopic fork
Rear Single shock swingarm
Overall Length 1555 mm
Overall Width 660 mm
Overall Height 955 mm
Wheelbase 1065 mm
Seat Height 650 mm
Dry Weight 64 kg
Fuel Capacity 3.8 L
Good Times Protection Plan 24 or 36 months (Kawasaki GTPP coverage begins after standard limited warranty expires)
Warranty 6 months
Colour Lime Green
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.