2009 Kawasaki KX110
Back to 2009 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
• 2009 Kawasaki KX110
2009 Kawasaki KX110
Four-stroke power, easy handling and thrilling fun for kids of all ages
With its exceptional versatility, the KLX™110 is a big hit from young beginners mastering the art of off-road motorcycling, all the way up to adults seeking a dependable play bike. So it’s no surprise that the KLX110 is the perfect choice for exploring a favorite campground or mastering the nearest mini-moto track.
The KLX110 is motivated by a user-friendly 111cc air-cooled, two-valve, four-stroke engine that features a screw-type adjustable throttle limiter. This easily accessible item allows parents to adjust the maximum speed and power output to suit less experienced young riders.
The engine’s tractable power is delivered to the rear knobby through an easy-shifting, semi-automatic three-speed transmission, complete with centrifugal clutch. This system allows newer riders to quickly gain confidence by focusing on the basics of steering and balance instead of throttle/clutch coordination.
The robust frame KLX110 is constructed from high-tensile steel, and its race-bred bodywork and graphics will undoubtedly please young motocross fans. The compact fuel tank, seat, cool looking shrouds and number plates were all plucked from Kawasaki’ two-stroke KX™65 competition motocross machine.
The KLX110 can be customized with Authentic Kawasaki Accessories available at Kawasaki dealers.
Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke 111cc Engine
– Single-cylinder engine is user-friendly for entry-level riders yet fun enough for advanced riders
– Compact lay-down engine design for low center of gravity
– Three-speed semi-automatic transmission with centrifugal clutch provides entry-level riders with shifting experience without the distraction of clutch actuation
Safety Features and Parental Controls
– Engine starts only in neutral for added safety
– Large engine stop switch is within easy reach on the handlebar
– Screw-type throttle limiter allows parents to monitor and control their child’s speed
Capable Suspension and Wheels
– 30mm telescopic conventional fork with 4.3 inches of travel
– Single hydraulic shock with 4.2 inches of travel
– 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires provide good traction off-road
Robust and Compact Design
– High-tensile steel backbone frame is strong yet lightweight
– Strategically placed heat shields provide extra protection from the exhaust pipe
– Low 25.6-inch seat height
– Sporty-looking fuel tank, seat, shrouds and number plates are same as the KX65 motocross bike
– U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor comes as standard equipment
– Available in two color options –Lime Green or Bright White
2009 Kawasaki KX110 – USA Specifications
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 53.0 x 50.6mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Keihin PB18
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Backbone frame, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 25.5 degrees / 2.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 4.2 in.
Front tire: 2.50×14
Rear tire: 3.00×12
Front brake / rear brake: Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum
Overall length: 61.2 in.
Overall width: 26.0 in.
Overall height: 37.6
Ground clearance: 7.5 in.
Seat height: 25.6 in.
Curb weight: 149.9 lbs.
Wheelbase: 41.9 in.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Color: Lime Green
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, Calif. 92618
2009 Kawasaki KX110 – Canada Specifications
Type 2-stroke Single with KIPS
Displacement 99 cc
Bore and Stroke 52.5 x 45.8 mm
Compression Ratio 9.6:1 (low speed); 8.8:1 (high speed)
Carburetor Keihin PWK28
Induction 2-petal carbon-fibre piston reed valve
Ignition Digital CDI
Cooling Liquid, twin radiators
Lubrication Pre-mix (32:1), 2-stroke racing oil
Transmission 6-speed, return
Primary Drive Gear
Final Drive Chain
Primary Reduction Ratio 3.400 (68/20)
Gear Ratios: 1st 2.538 (33/13)
2nd 1.875 (30/16)
3rd 1.500 (27/18)
4th 1.250 (25/20)
5th 1.090 (24/22)
6th 0.956 (22/23)
Final Reduction Ratio 3.923 (51/13)
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Type High-tensile steel perimeter with bolt-on steel rear section
Suspension: Front 36 mm upside-down telescopic fork, 18-click compression
Suspension: Rear Uni-Trak with fully adjustable preload, 4-click compression and 16-click rebound damping
Wheel Travel, Front/Rear 275 mm, 275 mm
Tires, Front/Rear 70/90-19 42M, 90/100-16 52M
Caster (Rake) 27.1°
Trail 103 mm
Front Single-piston caliper, 220 mm disc
Rear Single-piston caliper, 184 mm disc
Overall Length 1,910 mm
Overall Width 735 mm
Overall Height 1,105 mm
Wheelbase 1,290 mm
Ground Clearance 380 mm
Seat Height 870 mm
Dry Weight 68 kg
Fuel Capacity 5.5 litres
Colour Lime Green
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.