Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2010 Zero X
2010 Zero X
The Zero X electric motorcycle is a full sized high performance machine. Built from the ground up using the ultimate electric motorcycle technology and boasting 50 ft-lbs of torque, this stealthy motorcycle will send you racing up hills, flying over jumps, and cutting through streams. Best part is, you can do it all without disturbing nature or your neighbors.
After years of designing electric motorcycles we’re always looking to ‘one up’ ourselves and it shows in the latest modifications we’ve made to the 2010 Zero X electric motorcycle. It’s faster, stronger, and more durable in the most demanding terrain. We’ve upgraded elements of the drivetrain, frame, suspension and more. Inside and out it’s a better motorcycle. We know that’s great… but the part that really excites us is how much more fun you’ll have getting to the places you couldn’t go before.
Frame – Sculpted Aircraft Grade Aluminum Means Lighter, Stronger, and Faster
At the core of the Zero X lies the ultimate dirt bike frame that we’ve engineered from the ground up and hand crafted using aircraft grade aluminum. The resulting combination of lower weight and higher strength means more responsiveness. In the turns and off the line this translates into greater acceleration. To make the frame even more durable each one is shot-peened and anodized.
In engineering it’s about the little things. This is your frame if you’re looking to take on technical trails.
– Hydroformed top tube for increased strength & reduced weight
– Massive swingarm for increased strength & torsional rigidity (better cornering and tracking)
– Large cylindrical swingarm cross tube for increased stiffness & suspension response
– Thru-axle rear hub for exponentially increased strength & rigidity
– Entire frame is shot-peened and anodized for resistance to corrosion and abrasion
– Organic frame gusseting for increased strength & smoother body lines
– Bodywork is highlighted with new color graphics
Motor and Energy– High Torque and Acceleration
Fueled by Zero Motorcycles’ latest proprietary lithium ion power pack, the Zero X delivers more torque than any other motorcycle in its class. This is made possible by our power pack’s ability efficiently dump an incredibly high amount of power as soon as you twist the throttle. Using an advanced monitoring system, each cell in the power pack is individually controlled during charge and discharge. The charger integrates into this system and uses a specially developed charge profile to optimize the power pack’s recharge time.
Think of it this way, fuel systems are to gas motorcycles what electrical systems are to electrical motorcycles. Where others use a small carburetor and fuel pump, we use a highly tuned fuel injection system. We’ve found a way of rapidly flowing more energy out of our power pack than any of our competitors. This means more acceleration and more fun.
Drivetrain – Larger Chain and Sprockets for Increased Durability & Longer Life
To accommodate the Zero X’s increased traction and ability to accelerate in the dirt we use a hardened steel 420 chain and direct drive gearing. The result is a stronger and more durable drivetrain that puts the power from the throttle directly into the dirt.
– Hardened steel 420 Chain
– Front & rear accompanying 420 Sprockets
– Larger rear sprocket mounting/bolt pattern for increased durability and better management of high torque acceleration
Handling – Faster Turns and Bigger Berms
We want you to be able to take full advantage of the rapid acceleration the Zero X has to offer. To do this we’ve taken our riders’ handling wish list and built in the features. The result, this electric dirt bike gives you the control you need to for the acceleration you want.
– Direct mount (to fork crown) double clam stem for increased rigidity and control
– Increased rise and reduced reach stem for better control & stability
– Wider, taller, and stronger full sized dirt bike handlebar
– Higher strength hardened race headset for longer life & smoother turning
Brakes – Stopping on a Dime in the Dirt
Because you’ll be going faster and harder on our electric dirt bike we’ve added a few things to help slow you down. The 2010 Zero X electric motorcycle features beefier brakes all around.
– 4 piston calipers front and rear
– 9”(224 mm) rotors in the front and rear
– Increased reservoir size for more responsive braking under high strain
Instrument Panel & System Upgrades – Quick Look & Easy Access
A quick look tells you everything you need to know on the Zero X. We’ve taken all the important dials and switches and securely located them in a new instrument panel. Accompanying this, is a newer wiring system for increased safety and electrical system longevity. With a bike this desirable, you’ll also be excited to know that this motorcycle comes with a keyed ignition.
– Easy access to gauges and switches – ‘quick look’ clustered instrumentation
– “Armed” light for increased awareness & safety
– Key switch with solenoid for added safety, peace of mind, security and ease of use
– Flush mounted rockers switches for speed settings (easy/sport and 30/50mph)
– Integrated battery power connector for ease of use and durability
– Integrated battery fuse for added safety in handling and adverse circumstances
Rear Wheel & Tire – Hook Up on Technical Trails
The Zero X comes with a beefy tire and wheel on the rear for increased traction and durability. This means quicker acceleration, faster hill climbs, and more fun.
– Tall knobbed and grippy full size rear tire – 17X3.5
– Large lugged high strength rear rim 17 x 2.5”
– Thicker 12g spokes
– Custom oversized & reinforced hub
Extreme Package – Adding more power to already high performance
The ‘extreme package’ is for those wanting to ride even harder and faster. Upgrades include a more powerful motor and a stronger/smoother front fork.
Higher Power Motor – More Acceleration & Speed
This is your motor if you’re looking to leverage all the latest Zero X upgrades and push your motorcycle (or yourself) to the limit. It offers higher torque and increased acceleration.
– German built high torque/ high power perm motor
– 10% more power than the stock motor for greater acceleration
– Greater acceleration
– Lighter weight and more compact
– Higher efficiency
Stronger & Smoother Fork
Internals are Custom Made Specifically for the Zero X
For more aggressive riders this package includes a new stronger and smoother front fork that’s fully adjustable. Using an inverted design this White Brothers fork takes the pounding of the trail and hides it away in custom designed springs, valves, and dampening.
– Inverted design for rigidity & increased responsiveness
– Custom valved & sprung for the 2010 Zero X with manufacturers’ engineering team
2010 Zero X – International Specifications
MSRP: $7,495 USD
MSRP: $9,295 USD for Zero X Extreme Edition
Motor Type Brushed permanent magnet electric
Torque 50 ft-lbs (67.7 Nm)
Peak horsepower 23 horsepower
Peak electrical input 17,400 watts
Power System Type Patent-pending lithium ion array
Capacity 2 kWh (58volts @ 35Ah)
Range Up to 2 hours or 40 miles (64 km)
Recharge time Less than 2 hours
Input Standard 110V or 220V
Drive Train Transmission Clutchless one speed
Drive system 12T / 73T, 420 Chain
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes Front suspension travel 7.9 inches (200.7 mm)
Rear suspension travel 8.5 inches (215.9 mm)
Front brakes 4 Piston hydraulic, stainless rotor, hand actuated
Rear brakes 4 Piston hydraulic, stainless rotor, hand actuated
Front tire 24 x 3.0 inches
Rear tire 17 x 3.5 inches
Dimensions Wheel base 54 inches (137.2 cm)
Seat height 34.8 inches (88.3 cm)
Rake 23 degrees
Weight Frame 13 pounds (5.9 kg)
Total weight without Power Pack 115 pounds (52.2 kg)
Power pack 46 pounds (20.9 kg)
Curb weight 161 pounds (73.0 kg)
Economy Typical cost to recharge Less than $.01 per mile or kilometer
*Range varies based on riding style.