Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda FourTrax Recon TRX250TM
2009 Honda FourTrax Recon TRX250TM
At Honda, we know bigger isn’t always better—especially when it comes to maneuvering up a tight trail or filling up at the pump. That’s why we built the Honda Recon, an ATV that’s big on performance, durability and fun, but with a smaller engine and a more compact footprint that lets it maneuver down trails and get into and out of tight spots that some bigger ATVs might find hard to manage.
Sometimes you don’t need the biggest, most powerful, most expensive ATV out there. Sometimes, an ATV that’s small on price and weight but big on features is a better choice. That ATV is the ever-popular TRX250TM. The TM model includes most of the same features as its TE cousin, but with a conventional foot-shift gearbox in place of ESP push-button shifting. Looking for a user-friendly machine that’s fun and confidence-inspiring on the trail and eager to help around the cottage or farm? You’ll want to take a hard look at the TRX250TM.
FourTrax Recon ES/FourTrax Recon
Available with a manual gearbox or pushbutton electric shift, the Recon® is one rugged midsize ATV that continues to be a best seller thanks to its stylish appearance and get-it-done credentials.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
– New White color joins Red and Olive.
– ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP®) for pushbutton upshifting and downshifting (see Technology Section).
– Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX250X for increased performance.
– An oil cooler is standard equipment on both Recon ES and Recon models, ensuring optimal engine temperatures under difficult operating conditions.
– Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away from the rider’s feet.
– The Recon ES features a gear indicator in addition to the Neutral and Reverse lights provided on the Recon.
– Lightweight, OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer frictional losses (see Technology Section).
– 22mm carburetor with light throttle control offers good engine response and excellent fuel economy.
– Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
– Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces vibration.
– USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner reduces maintenance.
– Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter.
– Wet-sump engine design with 1.6-quart oil capacity.
– CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
– Five-speed transmission with Reverse and automatic clutch on the Recon.
– Plush front and rear suspension for comfortable all-day riding.
– Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
– Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
– Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
– Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
– Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
– Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent traction.
– Meets current EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions levels.
– Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
– Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
– Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.6 gallon-capacity.
– Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
– Dual-headlight system with 25-watt lights.
– LED taillight and brake light.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Powerful 110-watt AC generator.
– Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
– Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
– Keyed ignition switch for added security.
– Easy-to-use parking brake.
– Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
– Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Flag Kit.
– Trailer Hitch.
2009 Honda FourTrax Recon TRX250TM – USA Specifications
American MSRP $3,799 USD
Model: TRX250TE (with ESP) / TRX250TM
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Induction: 22mm carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse (TRX250TE) / Five-speed with Reverse (TRX250TM)
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 inches travel
Front: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Length: 75.0 inches
Width: 40.7 inches
Height: 42.1 inches
Seat Height: 31.2 inches
Ground Clearance: 6.0 inches
Wheelbase: 44.5 inches
Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons (including 0.7-gallon reserve)
Colors: White, Red, Olive
Curb Weight*: 439 pounds (TRX250TE) / 432 pounds (TRX250TM)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda FourTrax Recon TRX250TM – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $5,509 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 229 cc
Bore & Stroke 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Valve Train OHV, 2 valve
Fuel Delivery Single 22 mm carb
Transmission Five-speed with automatic clutch and reverse
Final Drive 2WD; direct rear driveshaft
Front Suspension Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 130 mm (5.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Swingarm with single hydraulic shock; 125 mm (4.9 inches) travel
Tires 22×7 – 11 front; 22×10 – 9 rear
Brakes Front sealed dual hydraulic drums; rear sealed mechanical drum
Length 1,905 mm (75.0 inches)
Width 1,034 mm (40.7 inches)
Ground Clearance 152 mm (6 inches)
Seat Height 792 mm (31.2 inches)
Wheelbase 1,130 mm (44.5 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 9 litres, including 2.3-litre reserve