Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Kawasaki Prairie 360
2009 Kawasaki Prairie 360
Works and plays better than most, costs less than almost all
A dependable two-wheel drive, mid-size utility with great towing capacity that is both fun and efficient to operate? That would be the Prairie® 360 ATV. With its disc brakes, shaft drive and CVT transmission, the Prairie 360 is certainly easy to afford, yet offers premium features and class leading function.
The Prairie 360 is powered by a 362cc air-cooled, single cylinder, four-stroke engine combined with Kawasaki’s continuously variable transmission (CVT). With high and low forward gears plus reverse, the CVT enables the engine to operate in its optimal rpm range, providing maximum torque regardless of speed or riding conditions.
The Prairie 360 utilizes a trustworthy shaft final drive, while dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system bring the ATV to a controlled halt.
For additional stopping power, the Prairie 360 features the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, which uses engine compression to help slow the ATV in technical maneuvers such as crawling at low speeds over rocks or descending steep downgrades.
The Prairie 360 rides on supple MacPherson strut suspension up front with 6.7 inches of travel, while rear suspension duties are handled by a sporty, single-shock aluminum swingarm delivering 7.1 inches of travel. It also features a large, comfortable saddle and full-sized floor boards with adjustable footpegs for maximum comfort.
Other conveniences include powerful dual halogen headlights and steel front and rear cargo racks that can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds. A hitch bracket is also standard, permitting the rider to tow 1,100 pounds. Owners can expand the versatility of their Prairie ATV via the extensive line of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories, available through Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Features and Benefits:
362cc Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke Engine
– Smooth and reliable
– Delivers exceptional torque, providing the best combination of performance and simplicity
– Kawasaki Engine Brake Control utilizes the engine’s compression to help slow the Prairie 360 under certain conditions
– Continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse, so no shifting is required
– Dependable shaft drive requires minimal maintenance
Chassis and Suspension
– Full-sized ergonomics include large saddle and full-sized floorboards with adjustable serrated footpegs to provide superior comfort and help protect the rider’s feet from mud and debris
– Smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension provides 6.7 inches of travel while the rear swingarm with adjustable shock provides 7.1 inches of travel
– Front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds
– Dual front disc brakes provide superior stopping power to the front wheels
– Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system is protected from mud, dust, debris and water while providing superior rear braking power with practically no maintenance
– Standard hitch bracket makes installing a ball hitch quick and easy for towing up to 1,100 pounds
– Bright dual 30W halogen headlights for chores and fun after sunset
2009 Kawasaki Prairie 360 – USA Specifications
American MSRP: $4,799
Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x stroke: 80.0 x 72.0mm
Compression ratio: 8.3:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
Starting: Electric with recoil backup
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, high and low range, plus reverse
Final drive: Shaft
Frame type: Double cradle, steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: MacPherson strut / 6.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with single shock, preload adjustment / 7.1 in.
Front tires: AT25x8-12 tubeless
Rear tires: AT25x10-12 tubeless
Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs
Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 81.3 in.
Overall width: 47.4 in.
Overall height: 45.9 in.
Wheelbase: 49.3 in.
Ground clearance: At center of chassis, 9.9 / at differential, 7.8 in.
Seat height: 35.8 in.
Lighting: 30W x 2 halogen
Rack capacity, front / rear: 88 / 154 lbs.
Towing capacity: 1,100 lbs.
Curb weight: 608.6 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 3.6 gal.
Color choices: Woodsman Green / Sunbeam Red
2009 Kawasaki Prairie 360 – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $0
Model not available in Canada
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market. Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.