Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon TRX680FA
2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon TRX680FA
Since its introduction, the FourTrax® Rincon® has remained at the top of its class–a direct result of its impressive technical credentials. Consider the Rincon’s powerful 675cc engine, independent rear suspension, electronic fuel injection, Hondamatic automatic transmission, four-wheel disc brakes and more, and you begin to understand why many off-road adventurers consider this the ultimate ATV ride.
Over the years, the FourTrax® Rincon® has cemented its reputation as the ultimate 700cc-class workhorse, capable of taking on the toughest tasks with ease. And while the Rincon is a beast when it comes to tackling To Do lists, this ATV is really a “Sport-Utility” machine at heart, delivering smooth, powerful, class-leading performance no matter what the occasion, be it hunting, trail blazing, or simply exploring. No surprise there, really, considering the features it packs, like a huge, liquid-cooled 675cc engine with Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI). Honda’s fully Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) system for optimal traction. A revolutionary, ultra-smooth automotive-style three-speed automatic transmission. And to top it all off, sleek, SUV-like styling with Natural Gear Camouflage bodywork as a color option.
The 2011 FourTrax Rincon. All work. All play. And nothing dull about it.
2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon TRX680FA Features:
– Extensive weight-saving measures include the use of aluminum for the following components: forged front upper control arms, rear upper and lower control arms, rear knuckles, front and rear wheels.
– Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear-selector position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LEDs for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature warning and FI warning indicator. A fuel gauge and low-fuel warning light located within the instrument housing comes as standard equipment.
– Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
– Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam to provide all-day riding comfort.
– Side-opening compartment has 4 liters of storage capacity and can be opened when the rider is seated.
– Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
– Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance.
– Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Advanced-design Longitudinally Mounted Engine.
– Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
– Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the unique, semi-dry sump, engine height is further reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
– Semi-dry-sump oiling system locates the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
– The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one Reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
– The compact and maintenance-free transmission design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. It also features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. By using this multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
– TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system.
– Torque-Sensitive Front Differential.
– Electric Shift Program (ESP).
– A handlebar-mounted control switches the automatic transmission between ESP mode and automatic operation.
– A convenient column-style shift lever permits the rider to easily select Drive, Neutral or Reverse.
– A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension provide an exceptional 10.0 inches of ground clearance.
– Honda’s independent rear suspension uses a double-wishbone design and features forged-aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms to substantially reduce unsprung weight. The rear knuckle pivots use lightweight metal bushings in place of conventional ball joints and radius arms, eliminating geometry variations as the rear suspension travels through its stroke. This simple design maintains rear wheel alignment and further reduces unsprung weight, contributing to responsive overall handling.
– Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
– Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon’s exceptional 8.0 inches of wheel travel.
– Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system. This helps prevent the buildup of debris between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent braking performance.
– A rear center hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon’s considerable ground clearance.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Trailer Hitch Kit
2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon TRX680FA – Specifications
American MSRP $8,799 USD
Canadian MSRP: See Dealer for Details
Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 102.0mm x 82.6mm
Induction: Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI), 40mm throttle bodies
Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Automatic with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears, Reverse and electronic controls
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and Torque-Sensitive Front Differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 inches travel
Rear: Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Front: 25 x 8-12 radial
Rear: 25 x 10-12 radial
Length: 83.2 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 47.5 inches
Seat Height: 34.5 inches
Ground Clearance: 10.0 inches
Wheelbase: 50.8 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.3 gallons, including 1.2-gallon reserve
Turning Radius: 10.8 feet
Colors: Red, Olive, Natural Gear Camouflage
Curb Weight*: 648 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.