Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4×4
2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4×4
Fuel-Injection, 4WD and Power Steering Make It A Standout Performer!
When hills, mud, gravel and other natural obstacles get in the way of a job that just has to get done, four-wheel drive is the key feature in your utility vehicle’s repertoire. And when it comes to 4WD utility vehicles, Kawasaki’s 2011 Mule™ 4010 4×4 is a standout performer. The Mule 4010 4×4 offers a dizzying array of features, including a full-sized chassis, selectable four-wheel drive system, reliable digital fuel injection, electric power steering (EPS) system, fully automatic transmission, locking rear differential, a tilting cargo bed and much more.
To ensure maximum functionality and reliability, the Mule 4010 4×4’s liquid-cooled 617cc four-stroke V-twin engine is managed by a digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and is fed by a fuel injection system that compensates for variations in atmospheric pressure, engine and air temperature. The result is consistent starts, crisp throttle response and ultra-precise fuel metering, which helps reduce fuel consumption and helps limit emissions. The ECU also offers an automatic fast idle speed control that activates when the engine is cold, eliminating the need for a manual choke. Its electronics also regulate maximum engine speed, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor.
This powerful V-twin engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that features both high and low range, plus a reverse gear. Power is transmitted through a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive system to a dual-mode rear differential that can be locked to maximize traction, or unlocked to improve handling and minimize ground disturbance when negotiating tight turns. Mule 4010 drivers can also engage four-wheel drive for extra traction in tricky conditions.
The Mule 4010 4×4’s rack-and-pinion steering is assisted by an electric power steering (EPS) system that can reduce turning effort by up to 30 percent while offering a significant boost at low speeds in four-wheel drive. The EPS system automatically determines how much assistance is needed using input from vehicle speed and torque sensors.
The forward/reverse, high/low-range and the four-wheel drive selectors are all within easy reach on the dash so drivers can focus more attention on negotiating rough or tricky terrain. The coolant temperature warning light is easy to see, and a push-button control activates the headlights. Other standard features include an hour meter, horn and air restrictor gauge to indicate when the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced. The fuse box and oil dipstick are located beneath the seat for quick access.
A roomy cab is surrounded by the Mule 4010 4×4’s large-diameter steel tube frame structure. With its rugged and modern bodywork, this four-wheel drive utility is a natural in the tough pickup truck work environment. Its body panels are manufactured from a durable, color-molded plastic that helps hide minor scuffs and scratches. The front hood can be opened with the pull of a dash-mounted knob and allows access to a deep storage space equipped with convenient D-rings to help secure cargo. Additionally, two levers make opening and closing the tailgate a secure and easy process.
The convenience factor on the Mule 4010 4×4 extends beyond easy-access latches or controls; the machine also features owner-friendly touches like the winch-ready tabs located under the front grille, which greatly simplify the winch-mounting process.
The Mule 4010 4×4 chassis includes a ladder-type frame riding on a DeDion-type rear leaf-spring suspension designed to carry heavy loads yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo bed is empty. MacPherson struts handle front suspension duty and provide an optimum balance of comfort and load capacity. Effective stopping power is provided by four hydraulically operated, self-adjusting, sealed drum brakes designed to resist contamination from water, mud and other debris. Large 23-inch low-pressure tires provide a comfortable ride, superb traction and help minimize impact over a variety of terrain.
The Mule 4010 4×4 can carry 800 pounds in its steel cargo bed and is capable of towing up to 1,200 pounds with an optional draw bar. Other popular accessories include an enclosed cab, cab heater, snow plow and soft or hard tops. These and many other Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
At a glance…
– Powerful and torquey digital fuel injected V-twin engine
– Modern styling and low operating costs
– User friendly dashboard and controls
– Electric power steering system (EPS)
– Four-wheel drive
Liquid-cooled, V-twin Engine
– Four-stroke, 617cc industrial V-twin engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
– Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
– Large-capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
– Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
– Computer-controlled fuel injection system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, air and engine temperature for easy, prompt engine starting under a variety of conditions
– Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
– Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub-throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and are controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
– Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth, efficient operation
– Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
– Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Cab Frame Air Intake
– Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there is less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– DFI® precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
– Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
– Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive System (KAPS)
– Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high/low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads or terrain
– The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
– An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
– Offers adjustable belt deflection
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
– The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
– The electric motor’s inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
– Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
– No power steering pump, so there is no power loss from the engine
– EPS only operates when the engine is running to keep from draining the battery
Four-wheel Drive with 2-speed Transfer Case
– Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
– Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions, or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
– Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction, or unlocked when traversing delicate terrain
Independent Strut-type Front Suspension
– MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
– Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
– Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
– Semi-independent action
Four-wheel, Self-adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
– Four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
– The brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
– Low maintenance and powerful
Wheels and Tires
– 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls improve the ride and add ground clearance
– Rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
– Wheel bearing seals on all four wheels have three lips for better protection
Front Hood with Storage Tub
– Deeper under hood storage tub holds cargo out of sight
– Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
– Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
– Steel cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
– Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
Rugged and Capable
– Bodywork is a rugged, modern design with truck-like styling
– Can tow up to 1,200 pounds with optional Kawasaki Accessory draw bar
– Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
– Bench seat can carry up to three
– Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
– The oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
– Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
– An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
– The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
– Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
– Dashboard has dual glove boxes and cupholders for both the driver and passenger
– A horn and 12V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity are featured
– Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
– Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
– Standard equipment hour meter
Popular Accessory Items
– Soft or Hard Top
– Enclosed Cab
– Cab Heater
– Snow Plow
2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4×4 – Specifications
American MSRP $9,899 USD
Canadian MSRP $12,399 CDN
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
Bore x Stroke: 76 x 68mm
Compression ratio: 10.3: 1
Carburetor: Digital Fuel Injection
Air filter: Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition: Digital electronic
Electrical: 12V DC, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, and reverse, 2WD/4WD
Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-model differential
Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Tires: 23×11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheel travel: Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
Fuel capacity: 6.2 gal.
Curb weight: 1,406 lbs.
Overall length: 118.3 in.
Overall height: 75.8 in.
Overall width: 62.0 in.
Wheelbase: 73.6 in.
Ground clearance: 6.9 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 /15.6 cu. Ft.
Load capacity: 1,330 lbs.
Cargo Bed Capacity: 800 lbs.
Towing capacity: 1,200 lbs.
Turning radius: 11.2 ft.
Top speed: 25 mph, governed
Lighting: (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
Instruments: Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, speedometer
Color Choices: Super Black, Dark Royal Red
Warranty: 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12 or 24 months