Click photos to enlarge. They make great desktop wallpaper.
2013 Kawasaki Mule 600 Review
2013 Kawasaki Mule 600
Compact Utility Vehicle is Hard Working and Easy to Manage
Kawasaki’s Mule™ 600 utility vehicle offers an unbeatable combination of durability and value. It is a great tool for getting things done, whether your day calls for hauling tools around a construction site, delivering needed supplies to far-flung parts of a farm, or just enjoying some time out in the woods. The Mule 600 can help make every job quicker and easier. With a price tag that makes it easy on the wallet, the Mule 600 offers great value. And with its compact size, the Mule 600 fits easily into the bed of a full-sized pickup.
The Mule 600 is powered by a strong and dependable single-cylinder engine. And the durable construction doesn’t stop there: it also features an easy-to-use continuously variable transmission, a spacious cab, dual-mode rear differential, comfy-riding independent front suspension, a strong, steel-tube frame and beefy hydraulic brakes. User-friendly hardware abounds, and includes automotive-type controls and a gear selector within easy reach on the dashboard, two large cup holders, a passenger-side glove box and passenger grab handle. Even more storage space is located beneath the Mule 600’s hinged front hood.
The Mule 600’s air-cooled, 401cc, single-cylinder, four-stroke engine maintains ideal operating temperatures with help from an efficient cooling fan. An enrichener that partially opens the throttle during ignition allows easy engine starts. The Mule 600 can be started in forward or reverse gear, provided the brake is applied, and it incorporates mud flaps by the rear tires to minimize mud clogging the engine area.
Owners will also appreciate the knowledge that the Mule 600 comes equipped with an efficient and durable CVT and a long-lasting drive belt coupled with a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive system. The dual-mode differential can be locked to maximize traction on slippery or adverse terrain.
The Mule 600 rides on a MacPherson strut suspension up front, while a unit swing-axle handles rear suspension duties. Large 22-inch tires enhance ride quality, and serious stopping power comes via sealed, hydraulic drum brakes on all four wheels.
Bright 35-watt headlights mean the job can start before sunrise or continue after sunset. Increasing its work versatility is a 400-pound-capable tilting cargo bed that features secure, easy to fasten tailgate latches. The Mule 600 can tow up to 1,100 pounds with an optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed. Other popular Kawasaki accessories available through Kawasaki dealers include an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch, and soft or hard tops.
2013 Kawasaki Mule 600 Key Features
• Rugged and compact off-road utility vehicle
• Easy to use, with low operating costs
• Can be easily transported in the bed of a full-size pickup
• Can tow up to 1,100 lbs. with optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed
2013 Kawasaki Mule 600 Features and Benefits
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
• Durable, lightweight, uncomplicated and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
• Modern four-stroke overhead valve design for great fuel economy
• Cooling fan helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
• Choke opens throttle during starting so accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
• Can be started in gear by depressing brake pedal
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
• Balance weight moves opposite the piston, dramatically reducing vibration, minimizing noise and wear
• Maximizes operator comfort and diminishes fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• Carburetor settings reduce exhaust emissions
• Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
• Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
• California models have a check valve on the fuel tank/charcoal canister connector hose to prevent gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
• Simple and lightweight CVT is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in the most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load or terrain
• An open-sided drive pulley keeps cool for longer belt life
• Belt deflection can be easily adjusted by changing shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
• Cooling air flows in from a vent in the cab frame through a special air filter, which keeps out water and dust for increased belt life
• Long-wearing double cog CVT belt
• Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
• Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance – great for use on grass.
• Rack-and-pinion steering helps to keep steering light and accurate, which makes maneuvering in tight working quarters a snap
• Durable, simple and easy to maintain
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
• Comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
• Simple, rugged single A-arm design offers tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
• Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot
• Isolates vibration
• Can handle heavy loads, yet provides a comfortable ride even with an empty cargo bed
• Special tread pattern and 22-inch tires enhance off-road traction and ride quality while reducing tire wear
• Self-adjusting, hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power
• Front grille includes space for mounting a 3000-pound capacity winch
• Compact, lightweight and easy to transport to the job; easily fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
• Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
• Durable plastic body panels resist dents, while color is molded in for long-lasting good looks
• Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5; also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
• Speed limited to 25 mph
• Large storage tub under the hood with four D-rings to secure the load
• Passenger side glove box
• Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash
Tilting Cargo Bed
• Steel cargo bed can carry up to 400 pounds
• Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
• Crankcase oil level dipstick
• Dual element air cleaner
• CVT cover has a convenient drain plug
• Automotive-style dash designed for ease of use with easy reach controls
• Standard equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
• Fuel gauge
• Oil temperature warning light
• Gear selector for Forward, Neutral and Reverse
• Differential locking lever
• Convenient parking brake
• Headlight switch for powerful and stylish 35w headlights
Popular Accessory Items
• Soft or Hard Top
• Enclosed Cab
• Snow Plow
2013 Kawasaki Mule 600 – Unitied States of America Specifications / Technical Details
USA MSRP: $6,899 USD
Engine Four-stroke, air-cooled single
Bore x Stroke 82 x 76mm
Compression ratio 8.3:1
Carburetor Nikki 6C1026
Air filter Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition Magneto and transistor
Electrical 12VDC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse
Final drive Shaft, dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Front Tire Size 22×9-10 tubeless
Rear Tire Size 22×11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheel travel MacPherson struts / 3.1 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Unit swing axle, adjustable shocks / 3.1 in.
Steering Rack and pinion
Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drum
Fuel capacity 4.1 gallons
Curb weight 954 lbs.
Overall length 108.8 in.
Overall width 52.6 in.
Overall height 70.1 in.
Wheelbase 70.0 in.
Ground clearance 6.1 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 8.08 cu. ft.
Cargo bed capacity 400 lbs.
Load capacity 926 lbs.
Towing capacity 1,100 lbs.
Turning radius 10.8 ft.
Top speed 25 mph, governed
Instruments Hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight
Color Choices Scout Green
Warranty 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2013 Kawasaki Mule 600 – Canada Specifications / Technical Details
Canadian MSRP: $NA CDN
Model not available.
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.