Click photos to enlarge. They make great desktop wallpaper.
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4 XC Camo Review
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4 XC Camo
Crawl-Along for Stealth, or Blast Through for Fun!
The ultimate off-road vehicle for hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts is what you get when you take a durable Mule™ 610 4×4 XC and wrap it in a premium Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage pattern.
The Mule 610 4×4 XC Realtree APG HD includes all of the hauling capacity and functionality that make the Mule 610 4×4 a standout utility vehicle. And with an innovative woodland pattern that allows the Mule to melt into the environment, it becomes the perfect hunting vehicle.
The primary visual giveaway to the XC’s off-road goodness is its aggressive, 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn radial tires mounted on 12-inch rims. But there’s also a load of features designed to complement the XC’s more aggressive nature and infuse it with a large helping of what can only be described as cool factor.
The standard Mule 610 4×4 can go just about anywhere, but the Mule 610 4×4 XC takes that functionality quite a few steps further. Not only do those burly 26-inch Maxxis tires provide loads more traction, their extra width increases the Mule’s track by 1.3 inches. Their greater height also gives this Mule a full 8.1 inches of ground clearance. The large tires combine with longer front and rear suspension to help the Mule climb over obstacles, while standard skid plates help protect vital systems.
When designing this stealthy camouflaged Mule 610 4×4 XC, Kawasaki engineers made room for those large tires by kicking the Mule’s front bumper forward 1.2 inches. And while they were at it, the team added genuine Realtree graphics, a comfortable seat covered in a pliable, durable material and a small-diameter sport steering wheel lifted straight from the Kawasaki Teryx™.
In spite of its wide-ranging capabilities and radical design, you can be sure of the XC’s reliable and economical drivetrain. A durable, 401cc fan-cooled overhead-valve engine mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) feeds power to all four wheels as needed, and simple automotive controls mean it couldn’t be much easier to operate. An enrichening system partially opens the throttle for easy engine starts, hot or cold, and the Mule can be started in forward (Hi or Lo) or reverse gear, provided the brake pedal is applied. Select 2WD or 4WD and away you go.
MacPherson strut front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering combine great bump absorption with light handling, while the Mule’s mid-engine layout and swingarm rear suspension provide plentiful traction in back. A powerful braking system brings it all to a reliable halt.
As fun and hunt-oriented as it looks, the Mule 610 4×4 XC is all about working. A special black-texture paint applied to its 400-pound capacity all-steel tilting cargo bed allows even greater aesthetics and durability, while a 1,100-pound towing capacity means you can haul whatever hunting gear you need. Dual cup holders help keep hunters hydrated, a capacious glove box can carry more than just gloves, and the front hood pops open to reveal more than 12 gallons worth of storage. Accessories include an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch and soft or hard tops, all available through Kawasaki dealers.
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4 XC Camo Key Features
• Realtree® APG™ HD® covered body panels
• Extra-large 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires mounted on 12-inch wheels offer substantial off-road skills
• Despite its 1.3-inch wider track than standard Mule 610 4×4, the XC model still fits in a full-size pickup
• Large tires offer extra ground clearance – now 8.1 inches – for excellent rough-terrain capabilities
• Standard skid plates for the front differential, engine and rear diff add protection and greatly reduce the chances of getting hung up on obstacles
• All-weather seat cover provides a secure perch for the driver and passenger
• Hunt-friendly graphics give the Mule 610 4×4 XC a bold look to match its mission
• A sport steering wheel from the Teryx side x side enhances control and appearance
• Long front and rear suspension arms provide superb off-road performance
• Optimum brake pedal ratio, strong master-cylinder mount and high-performance brake shoes provide increased braking performance
• Stain and scratch-resistant special black-texture paint in the cargo bed enhances the Mule 610 4×4 XC’s looks and durability
• Tailgate has a simple release for easy opening and closing
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4 XC Camo Features and Benefits
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
• Simple 401cc four-stroke single is compact, lightweight and extremely durable
• Overhead valve design provides maximum efficiency, and the highly evolved carburetor helps provide excellent fuel economy
• Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
• Cab frame air intake draws clean, uncontaminated air for the engine from the top of the cab
• High-mount exhaust system keeps it dry and out of harm’s way
• An oil temperature warning lamp linked to a crankcase sensor helps prevent overheating
• The choke opens the throttle during starting, so the accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
• Stepping on the brake pedal allows the engine to be started in gear
Gear Driven Engine Balancer
• A rotating balance weight within the engine moves opposite the piston, dramatically reducing vibration and minimizing noise and wear for increased comfort and reduced fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• Carburetor settings reduce exhaust emissions, a good thing for the environment
• Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gases to the intake tract, where they’re burned in the engine
• A USFS-approved spark arrestor in the muffler greatly reduces fire hazard
• California models have a check valve on the tank-to-charcoal-canister hose to prevent gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
• A simple and lightweight CVT (continuously variable transmission) is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in the most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load or terrain
• Fully automatic transmission features selectable 2
• or 4-wheel drive
• An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
• Belt deflection can easily be adjusted by changing shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
• A die-cast aluminum belt converter has high silicon content for compactness and light weight, and offers excellent toughness and durability
• The belt converter case is sealed to keep out contaminants
• A long-wearing ATV-style double cog CVT belt provides long wear and minimal maintenance
• The belt converter’s air cleaner cover uses a clip-type clamp for easier maintenance and a tight seal
• A maintenance-free sealed bearing unit is used between the front and rear driveshafts
• Locked mode provides maximum traction in difficult conditions
• Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance – great for use on grass
• Ackerman rack-and-pinion steering provides precise, accurate handling and a small turning radius that facilitates working in tight quarters
• Rack-and-pinion system is durable, simple, easy to maintain and helps reduce tire wear
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
• Long-travel front suspension serves up a comfortable ride, excellent load-carrying capability and excellent terrain ability
• Simple, rugged single A-arm design provides a tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
• Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot which isolates vibration for a smooth ride
• Mule 610 4×4 XC’s long-travel rear end can handle heavy loads, yet provides a comfortable ride with an empty cargo bed
• The front grille includes space for mounting a 3,000-pound capacity winch
• Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport to the job, the 610 4×4 XC fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
• Durable plastic body panels resist dents, and the Mule 610 4×4 XC’s Super Black finish is molded in for long-lasting good looks
• Fully meets SAE Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and FMVSS 216
• Speed limited to 25 mph
• The front hood opens up to reveal 12.6 gallons of sealed storage space
• A passenger side glove box is perfect for small item storage
• Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash keep hydration close at hand
Tilting Cargo Bed
• A steel cargo bed covered in non-slip paint can carry up to 400 pounds, and tilts for maintenance and cleaning
• A Teryx-style tailgate with simplified release mechanisms makes loading and unloading easy
• A crankcase oil level dipstick and dual-element air cleaner make maintaining the Mule quick and convenient
• An automotive style dash features easy-reach controls
• A standard-equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
• Fuel gauge and an oil temperature warning light keep track of essential fluids
• Gear selector for High, Low, Neutral, and Reverse couldn’t be simpler really
• A differential locking lever and convenient parking brake are simple to find and operate
• Powerful and stylish 35w headlights let the work day continue after dark
Popular Accessory Items
• Under seat storage compartment
• Plastic Hard Top
• Snow Plow
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4 XC Camo – Unitied States of America Specifications / Technical Details
USA MSRP: $8,399 USD
Engine Four-stroke, fan-cooled single, OHV
Bore x Stroke 82 x 76mm
Compression ratio 8.6:1
Carburetor Nikki 6C1026
Air filter Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition Magneto and transistor
Electrical 12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse
Final drive Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Front Tire Size AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis tubeless
Rear Tire Size AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis tubeless
Front suspension / wheel travel MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Unit swing axle, adjustable shocks / 3.1 in.
Steering Rack and pinion
Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed
Fuel capacity 4.1 gal.
Curb weight 1,051 lbs.
Overall length 108.5 in.
Overall width 52.0 in.
Overall height 73.8 in.
Wheelbase 70.1 in.
Ground clearance 8.1 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 8.08 cu. ft.
Load capacity 926 lbs.
Cargo Bed Capacity 400 lbs.
Towing capacity 1,100 lbs.
Turning radius 11.8 ft. (differential unlocked)
Top speed 25 mph, governed
Instruments Oil temperature meter, hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight
Color Choices Realtree® APG™ HD® Camouflage
Warranty 12 months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4 XC Camo – Canada Specifications / Technical Details
Canadian MSRP: $NA CDN
Model not available.
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.