Click photos to enlarge. They make great desktop wallpaper.
– 2013 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4×4 Review
2013 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4×4
Compact Four-Wheel-Drive ATV Delivers Maximum Utility and Value
This strong ATV is a standout performer in the mid-sized category and it is equally at-home during both work and play. Whether the day calls for serious chores or a serious amount of fun, this solid ATV is ready to deliver. Its torquey and dependable single-cylinder engine, Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System with engine brake control and variable locking front differential control all combine to give users the power and control they look for in an ATV.
The Prairie 360 features a 362cc four-stroke engine and a continuously variable transmission with high, low and reverse gears. Its MacPherson strut front suspension and preload adjustable rear shock handle suspension duties, while reliable shaft drive delivers the torque without any fuss.
If additional traction is needed, the rider can send power to all four wheels at the flip of a switch. A limited-slip front differential helps keep steering light and precise, even in four-wheel drive. In extreme conditions, the rider can use Kawasaki’s Variable Front Differential Control lever to send equal power to both front wheels. Once maximum traction is no longer needed, the rider simply releases the lever – a simple and effective system.
A combination of dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed, multi-disc rear brake system offer excellent stopping power. As an integrated part of the shaft drive, the rear braking system is sealed in the aluminum swingarm where it operates in an oil bath. This protects the brake from mud, dust and debris, and is virtually maintenance-free.
Additional speed control is provided by the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, which uses engine compression and CVT belt pressure to help slow the ATV under certain conditions.
The MacPherson strut front and a single-shock aluminum swingarm rear suspension give the Prairie 360 4×4 a supple ride with 6.7 and 7.1 inches of front and rear travel, respectively. A large, comfortable saddle and full-sized floorboards with adjustable footpegs further maximize rider comfort.
Its steel front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds. Other conveniences include powerful dual halogen headlights, and a hitch bracket that is standard, permitting the rider to tow 1,100 pounds — the highest towing capacity in its class. Owners can expand the versatility of their Prairie ATV via the extensive line of Genuine Kawasaki Accessories, available through authorized Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
2013 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4×4 Key Features
• Smooth and reliable 362cc four-stroke engine delivers exceptional torque, providing the best combination of performance and simplicity
• Selectable four-wheel drive can be activated with the flip of a switch
• Continuously variable transmission has high and low range, plus reverse
• Variable Front Differential Control lets the rider manage how much torque is delivered to both front wheels
• Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) with engine brake control
• Sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system is protected from mud, dust, debris and water while providing superior rear braking power with practically no maintenance
• Strong front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds
• A strong hitch bracket makes installing a hitch ball quick and easy
• Tows up to 1,100 pounds, the highest towing capacity in its class
2013 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4×4 Features and Benefits
362cc Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke SOHC Engine
• Smooth and reliable
• Delivers exceptional torque, providing the best combination of performance and simplicity
• Kawasaki Engine Brake Control uses the engine’s compression to help slow the Prairie 360 4×4 under certain conditions
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• Muffler complies with EPA and CARB regulations
• Continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse, so no shifting is required
• Dependable shaft drive requires minimal maintenance
• Selectable four-wheel drive can be activated with the flip of a switch — simple and effective
• Kawasaki Variable Front Differential Control lets the rider manage how much torque is delivered to both front wheels
Chassis and Suspension
• Large saddle and full-sized floorboards with adjustable serrated footpegs provide superior comfort and help protect the rider’s feet from mud and debris
• Smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension provides 6.7 inches of travel while the rear swingarm with adjustable shock provides 7.1 inches of travel
• Strong front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds
• MAXXIS AT 25×8-12 (front) and AT 25×10-12 (rear) tubeless tires are used for great off-road traction
• Dual front disc brakes provide superior stopping power to the front wheels
• Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system is protected from mud, dust, debris and water while providing superior rear braking power with practically no maintenance
• Strong hitch bracket makes installing a ball hitch quick and easy for towing up to 1,100 pounds
• 12-volt electric outlet provides power for your electronic accessories
• Bright dual 30W halogen headlights for chores and fun after sunset
2013 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4×4 – Unitied States of America Specifications / Technical Details
USA MSRP: $6,299 USD
Engine Air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x Stroke 80.0 x 72.0mm
Compression ratio 8.3:1
Carburetion Keihin CVK34
Starting System Electric with recoil backup
Transmission Continuously variable transmission with Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, high and low range, plus reverse
Final drive Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
Frame type Double cradle steel
Front suspension / wheel travel MacPherson strut / 6.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Swingarm with single shock, preload adjustment / 7.1 in.
Front Tire Size AT25x8-12 tubeless
Rear Tire Size AT25x10-12 tubeless
Front brakes Dual hydraulic discs
Rear Brakes Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length 81.3 in.
Overall width 47.4 in.
Overall height 45.1 in.
Wheelbase 49.4 in.
Ground clearance At center of chassis, 9.3 / at rear axle, 7.3 in.
Seat height 35.2 in.
Lighting 30W x 2 halogen
Rack capacity, front / rear 88 / 154 lbs.
Towing capacity 1,100 lbs.
Curb weight 643.9 lbs.
Fuel capacity 3.6 gal.
Color Choices Scout Green, Aztec Red
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty 12 Months
2013 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4×4 – Canada Specifications / Technical Details
Canadian MSRP: $NA CDN
Model may not be available
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.