Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Review
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
A Great Cruiser to Start Out On – Total Motorcycle.com
The V-Star 650 Classic features an authentic 40 cubic-inch, air-cooled V-twin. With long, low styling and lots of chrome, a great entry level ride, the V-Star 650 features clean, quiet shaft drive and an easy to ride demeanor. This V-Star is ready to impress.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Total Motorcycle Key Features
Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Total Motorcycle Features and Benefits
• Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
• This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
• Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
• Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
• Transistor controlled ignition (TCI) means sure starts and excellent engine performance. It is a no-maintenance design.
• Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds to styling but also is easy to service the air filter.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance with no chain adjustments or messy lube splatter.
•2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering strong low- and mid-range engine power. The conversion to aftermarket mufflers is fast and simple.
• Heel-toe shifter reinforces that classic image.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
• Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• Long 1,625mm (64″) wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
• Beefy, 41mm front fork offers 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride.
• Chromed fork shrouds, top triple clamp, and one-piece handlebar holder show attention to detail.
•7-step, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension allows the rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions. Rear wheel travel is 98mm (3.9″).
• Rear shock is mounted under the engine for that classic, hardtail look. By positioning the shock low in the chassis, it lowers the centre of gravity for a light, easy-to-maneuver feel.
•Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
• Plushly padded, low-profile rider and passenger seats provide exceptional rider comfort. The low 710mm (27.9″) seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
• Full-size rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration while providing ample legroom for maximum rider comfort.
• Wide retro-style handlebars evoke a classic design. Extra wide levers provide a quality look and feel.
• Wide front and rear tires fitted to spoked, chrome wheels combine retro styling with solid handling and traction.
• Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic. Their steel design means they are easy to customize and paint.
• Large, 16-litre fuel tank for an extra long cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features an odometer and tripmeter displays.
• Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
• Beautiful, 3D, fuel tank emblem reinforces the Star family’s quality image.
•Locking helmet holder
•Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security
•Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish, clear signal lenses
•Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs prevent unwanted scratches
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic – Total Motorcycle USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model not available.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic – Total Motorcycle Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $7,499.00 CDN
Air-cooled,SOHC, 4-valve, 70°, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
81 x 63mm
5.2kg-m (37.6 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Mikuni BDS28 x 2
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION*
21kpl / 59mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
Single 298mm disc / twin piston
16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
247kg (545 lb)
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic – Total Motorcycle UK/Europe Specifications/Technical Details
UK/European MSRP Price: £NA.
Details to follow shortly.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic – Total Motorcycle Australian Specifications/Technical Details
AU MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing AUD
Details to follow shortly.
Specifications, features and prices to change by manufacturer without notice. All information correct as of posted date.