Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Review
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250
The Road to Stardom…
Plenty of torque, smooth roll-on power, lightweight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the 2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 super-nimble and maneuverable, and the perfect STAR to get STARted on.
There are a whole bunch of reasons to check out the V-Star 250, but the most intriguing is it’s authentic V-twin powerplant, which means that you’re getting full-sized rumble and styling in an easy to ride, lightweight bike.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Total Motorcycle Key Features
• Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250 a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
• Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail; this is one sharp little cruiser.
• Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
• The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
• Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Total Motorcycle Features and Benefits
• 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine is the real McCoy!
• Long-stroke (49 x 66mm) powerplant is designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
• Narrow, 60° V-twin provides that ‘classic’ cruiser engine styling.
• Convenient electric starting
• Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor with accelerator pump provides crisp throttle response.
• Transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) ensures fast starts and maximum engine performance. This system is maintenance-free.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners keep maintenance to a minimum and reduce mechanical engine noise.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds.
• Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly.
• Washable, foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
• Dual “shorty” mufflers highlight that classic “American” motorcycle look.
• Rugged, high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame creates a stylish profile and low seat height.
• Box-section swingarm with 5-way spring preload adjustable dual rear shocks provide a comfortable ride and reinforce that cruiser image. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9″).
• 33mm front fork provides 140mm (5.5″) of smooth, comfortable wheel travel.
• 282mm drilled front disc brake uses a twin-piston caliper for excellent stopping power.
• Easy to adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator provides good stopping power.
• Premium two-piece rider and passenger seats reinforce that cruiser appearance. Rear passenger section can be removed leaving only rider accommodation, if desired.
• Wide 130/90-15 rear tire accentuates the low, lean appearance and classic cruiser styling.
• Spoked, chrome wheels fitted with a narrow front and wide 130 series rear tire emphasize the traditional “custom” look.
• The V-Star’s full size emphasizes that this is one sharp-looking, value-packed 250!
• Full-size, 1,488mm (58.6″) wheelbase ensures maximum stability and a comfortable, roomy ride.
• Low seat height of only 685mm (27″) and a wet weight of 147kg (323.4 lbs) combine to make the XV250 very easy to ride, even for the most inexperienced riders.
• Handlebar design features a flat bar with beautifully chromed risers. This handlebar not only improves the riding position and rider comfort but also makes a serious styling statement too.
• Instrumentation includes a centrally located speedo with tripmeter and a full range of indicator lights.
• Chromed, 60/55-watt, Xenon headlight
• Lots of chrome detailing
• Locking gas cap
• Forward-mounted footpegs mean a relaxed, laid-back riding position.
• Handlebar-mounted choke lever for easy access
• Flexible turn signals
• Steering lock
• Helmet lock
• Push-to-cancel turn signals
• Convenient oil level sight glass
• A custom style handlebar gives the V Star 250 a modern look and comfortable riding position.
• Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable “big bike” fit and finish.
• Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
• Forward-set footpegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
• Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Total Motorcycle USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,340 (Candy Red) Available from July 2013; $4,340 (Pearl White) Available from July 2013
Type 15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60-degree V-twin, 2 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 49 x 66mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 26mm
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Frame Steel tube
Suspension / Front 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension / Rear Dual shocks; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 282mm
Brakes / Rear 130mm drum
Tires / Front 3.00-18
Tires / Rear 130/90-15
Wheels Laced Spokes
Length 86.2 in
Width 28.0 in
Height 41.7 in
Seat Height 27.0 in
Wheelbase 58.7 in
Fuel Capacity 2.5 gal / California model 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 326 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Total Motorcycle Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $4,499.00 CDN
Air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves, 60° V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
49 x 66 mm
2.1 kg-m (15.2 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION*
32kpl / 93mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
33 mm fork
Adjustable dual shocks
282 mm disc / twin piston caliper
2,190 mm (86.2″)
710 mm (28″)
1,060 mm (41.7″)
1,490 mm (58.7″)
685 mm (27″)
9.5 litres (2.1 Imp. gal.)
147 kg (324 lb)
Deep Metallic Red
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Total Motorcycle UK/Europe Specifications/Technical Details
UK/European MSRP Price: £NA.
Details to follow shortly.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Total Motorcycle Australian Specifications/Technical Details
AU MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing AUD
Details to follow shortly.
Specifications, features and prices to change by manufacturer without notice. All information correct as of posted date.