Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec Review
2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
All-new, featuring minimalist design, powerful FI 942cc V-Twin, cafÃ©-racer styling, sporty clip-on handlebars, footpegs set further back, and slim solo seat…
The World’s 1st Urban Performance Cafe Racer
An instant cafe-racer classic, the all new 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec features everything that makes the Bolt great – minimalist design, powerful fuel-injected 942cc V-Twin, great handling, and ads cafe racer styling, sporty clip on handlebars, footpegs set further back for a more athletic riding position, and slim solo seat. Available in two colors: Deep Green and Simple Silver.
Introducing the latest addition to the Bolt family… the 2015 Bolt C-Spec. Offering class leading performance and a fun filled ride, the new Bolt C-Spec features low slung clip-on handlebars, a cool solo seat with rear seat cowl and a new, more sporty riding position. Perfect for unwinding after a hard day’s work, the Bolt C-Spec returns riders to the roots of motorcycling with a uniquely styled model, offering the sound and “character” that only an air-cooled V-twin can provide.
2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
The Bolt C-Spec uses modern technology to create a superior riding experience. At its heart, is a traditional 942cc air-cooled V-twin engine with a modern twist. Ceramic composite plated cylinders, dual bore fuel injection and 4-valve cylinder heads to name a few.
/// Substance & style
The Bolt C-Spec invokes the timeless character and soul of a cafÃ© racer. We’ve kept the centre of gravity low and centralized the mass to provide a light, agile handling machine that offers a truly enjoyable riding experience. Pure style, pure simplicity, pure fun.
•NEW FOR 2015! The Bolt C-Spec epitomizes the cool “CafÃ©” style popular across the globe since the 1960’s. Bolt C-spec features cafÃ© styling with original Star v-twin performance and includes clip-on handlebars, traditional fork boots, a removable passenger seat cowl, and sporty cafÃ© paint and graphics that makes the Bolt C-Spec ultra-cool.
•The compact chassis proudly showcases the enormously popular 58 cubic inch (942cc), air-cooled, 60° V-twin Bolt powerplant that has been a huge hit on the showroom.
•The Bolt C-Spec uses modern technology to create a riding experience superior to other similarly sized machines. Fuel injection and ignition timing maps have been set to deliver class-leading performance with strong low- and mid-range torque sure to bring a smile to every rider’s face.
•A belt drive is used to deliver power to the back wheel resulting in an almost maintenance free final drive system that is both durable and reliable.
•Designers and fabricators will love the real steel fenders and belt design as they take the Bolt C-spec and fulfill the Star mantra of “we build it, you make it your own”.
2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin engine produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque. Maximum torque is reached at only 3,000 rpm – for an exceptionally fun riding experience.
• One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum filling efficiency for maximum power output. The benefit of a 4-valve design is two smaller valves allow more air flow and a higher rpm limit than a single heavier larger valve.
• Pent roof combustion chamber design with optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber (and the centrally located long reach spark plug) for faster, more complete combustion, improved power and reduced emissions.
• The SOHC valve train features 31.5mm intake and 28mm exhaust valves with single valve springs which reduce friction and power losses. Specially designed “Y” shaped roller rocker arms activate the valves and utilize needle bearings that “roll” directly on the cam lobes allowing the lift of 2 valves at the same time without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction.
• Auto adjusting cam chain tensioners are used to reduce mechanical engine noise and maintenance
• Lightweight, “liner-less” aluminium cylinders feature ceramic composite plating for superior heat dissipation for excellent cooling, less friction and reduced weight. Cylinder cooling fins feature brushed aluminum highlights.
• Single pin style crankshaft is used to enhance V-twin engine character and exhaust note.
• Lightweight forged aluminium pistons provide excellent durability while reducing reciprocating mass for fast throttle response.
• Wet sump oil delivery system features an easy access spin-on type oil filter and easy access drain plug. A traditional dipstick is used to check oil level.
• Classic side mounted, 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, high-flow viscous paper-type filter. The outer cover features brushed aluminum highlights.
• Dual bore, 35mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a “closed loop” system that utilizes a heated oxygen sensor, which feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The Idle Speed Control (ISC) maintains a steady idle regardless of engine temperature.
• 4-hole, 2-directional spray, Denso fuel injectors are used for excellent fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder.
• Fuel injection benefits include; excellent fuel economy, choke-less starting, reduced emissions, and smooth drive-ability. The Bolt C-Spec has been tuned to provide a very “linear” throttle response for easy riding.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• Powerful 32 bit ECU controls the ignition and fuel injection processes.
• Multi-plate “outer pull type'” wet clutch is used. Lever pull is light and easy.
• 5-speed transmission features optimized gear ratios for excellent city and highway ride-ability. Transmission gears use “straight cut dogs” for smooth, positive shifting. 5th gear delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The 21mm narrow design belt utilizes carbon fibre cords for excellent strength and reduced stretching.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Stylish 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb-type catalyzer at the entry point of the muffler to reduce emissions. The rear header pipe “snakes” toward the front cylinder in order to provide the necessary tuned length, not to mention it is a key styling highlight too. The short design “dual stage type” muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin exhaust note.
• Tube type, single backbone, double cradle steel frame offers a natural riding position, roomy ergonomics and a low seat height. This frame utilizes a 4-point rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The engine is mounted low in the chassis to provide a low center of gravity for light, easy handling.
• Conventional tube-type, steel, short design swingarm compliments the frame and utilizes a dual shock suspension system.
• The Bolt C-Spec features a 765 mm / 30.1″ seat height and a very narrow design through the seat-fuel tank junction allowing many riders to place both feet flat on the ground.
• The compact 1570mm / 61.8″ wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
• The Bolt C-Spec is designed to be compact and slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Star accessories. The styling is “Star Original Bobber” with a classic cafÃ© racer twist. The design invokes a sense of dynamic forward motion and concentrated mass. The engine features “raw metal” styling highlights.
• 41mm front fork features classic styled rubber fork boots (aka. gaiters) to not only add a styling highlight but to also protect the fork tubes and seals. Wheel travel is 120mm (4.7″).
• Lightweight, forged aluminum upper triple clamp and forged steel lower triple clamp. The “pitch” between the fork tubes is 190mm or 7.5″, which is well proportioned to 100/90 series front tire.
• Adjustable premium dual, remote reservoir gas shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70mm (2.8″). The 5-positions of spring preload adjustment allows the rider to tailor spring preload to suit rider weight and load.
• Single, 298mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style rotor squeezed by a twin piston caliper for strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power. The wave-style rotor offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation.
• 298 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for light handling.
• Lightweight aluminum clip-on handlebars reinforce the cafÃ© racer styling.
• New, more compact handlebar switches, front brake master cylinder, and levers provide a more sporty image.
• 12 litre teardrop shaped fuel tank compliments the slim, compact design of the Bolt C-Spec.
• Rider only solo seat offers excellent comfort and that special CafÃ© racer style. The seat is 765 mm or 30.1″ from the ground. An optional passenger seat kit will be available.
• Repositioned footpegs are 150 mm ( 5.9″) rearward and 29 mm (1.1″) higher than the regular Bolt & R-Spec. Combine this with the revised handlebar position and you have an all new, more sporty forward leaning riding position.
• Short design front and rear fenders are made of steel for easy customization and demonstrate the quality of build.
• Lightweight 12-spoke cast aluminium wheels are fitted with tubeless tires. Front wheel is an MT2.50×19 fitted with a 100/90-19 bias tire, while the rear is an MT3.50×16 fitted with a 150/80x 16 bias tire.
• LCD digital meter assembly features a speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometres since low fuel warning light activated) and a clock. Warning lights include; low fuel, oil level and engine trouble. The instrument has been re-positioned to match the CafÃ© styling.
• 60/55 watt halogen headlight
• “Vintage design” LED tail light features 19 LED’s for excellent visibility. Chrome bezel adds another styling highlight.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish
• New V-Bank cover between the cylinders (left side of engine),
•Repositioned front turn signals with clear lenses
• Upper & lower belt covers help prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
• Locking fuel cap and locking tool kit cover
• Traditional style, fork mounted steering lock
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery
• Lean angle sensor will kill the engine if the bike has tipped over.
• Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8,690 – Liquid Silver – Available from January 2015;
$8,690 – Envy Green – Available from January 2015
Engine Type 58-cubic-inch (942cc) air-cooled 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke 85.0 x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel Injected
Ignition TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
Transmission 5-speed multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Suspension Front Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel
Suspension Rear Dual shocks, 2.8-in travel
Brakes Front Wave-type disc, 298mm
Brakes Rear Wave-type disc, 298mm
Tires Front 100/90-19M/C 57H
Tires Rear 150/80-16M/C 71H
L x W x H 90.4 x 30.5 x 45.7 in
Seat Height 30.1 in
Wheelbase 61.8 in
Ground Clearance 5.3 in
Fuel Capacity 3.2 gal
Fuel Economy** 51 mpg
Wet Weight*** 542 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $9,699 CDN
/// ENGINE ?
Air-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4 valves / cyl) , 60 degree, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
85 x 83 mm
8.2 kg-m (59.3 ft-lb) @ 3,000rpm
35mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
20 kpl / 57 mpg (imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
/// CHASSIS ?
41 mm fork
Preload adjustable premium gas charged “piggyback” shocks
298 mm disc / twin piston caliper
298 mm disc / single piston caliper
100/90 x 19
150/80 x 16
/// CRITICAL DATA ?
2,295 mm (90.4″)
775 mm (30.5″)
1,160 mm (45.7″)
1,570 mm (61.8″)
RAKE / TRAIL
29 degrees / 130mm (5.1″)
765 mm (30.1″)
12 litres (2.6 Imp. gal.)
246kg (542 lb.)
Dark Grayish Metallic Green
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).