Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha Raider SE Review
2015 Yamaha Raider SE on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
A Breed Apart…
You are looking at a special generation of custom cruisers. A breed that stands apart. Check out the incredible attention to detail. From front to back, the Raider SE is loaded with “custom” inspired parts including a new eye catching bikini fairing that helps reduce wind fatigue. Stretched out fork, fat rear tire, low seat and an aggressive, slammed riding position. The Raider SE not only looks good… it offers an incredible riding experience too.
2015 Yamaha Raider SE www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
High-performance, 1854cc (113 cubic inch) air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin powerplant produces massive torque and class leading acceleration from very low rpms.
Maximum torque occurs at 2,500 rpm while maximum power occurs at 4,500 rpm, providing exciting acceleration with great pulse and torque feel.
2015 Yamaha Raider SE www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• High-performance, 1854cc (113 cubic inch) air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin powerplant produces massive torque and class leading acceleration from very low rpms.
• Maximum torque occurs at 2,500 rpm while maximum power occurs at 4,500 rpm, providing exciting acceleration with great pulse and torque feel.
• Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down for a lower centre of gravity and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case. A lower centre of gravity helps to ensure light, easy handling.
• Four-valve cylinder heads provide optimal breathing efficiency for great power delivery at all rpms. The two spark plugs per cylinder means faster, more complete combustion for maximum power output.
• Cylinder heads utilizes a pent roof combustion chamber design and features an oil passage near the exhaust valve seat to improve cooling and durability. The heads also feature engine mounting points on each side of the head for increased chassis rigidity for exceptional handling.
• Large size valves increase engine horsepower and torque. The intake valves are 36mm in diameter while the exhaust valves are 31mm.
• Specially designed valve train includes short design intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during higher-rpm use.
• High performance spec twin, crankcase-mounted, high-lift cams ensure strong torque and class leading acceleration.
• Mechanical centrifugal decompression mechanism located in each of the exhaust camshafts, ensures fast, easy starts.
• Hydraulic valve lifters driven by the twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and significantly reduce maintenance and tune-up requirements.
• The crankshaft is a single pin design, providing that special V-twin sound and pulse feel. Optimized flywheel mass and “damper-less” crankshaft allows the rider to feel the directness of the engine’s power.
• For each rotation of the rear wheel, in 5th gear, the crank spins 3.14 times providing an outstanding rear wheel driving force feeling to the rider.
• Dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration for exceptional rider and passenger comfort. The balancers are positioned on either end of the crankshaft to reduce vibration and to minimize the size of the engine cases. The balancer is designed to reduce vibration while still allowing that classic V-twin pulse feel.
• 3-axis crankcase layout means the crankshaft, main axle and drive shaft are specially arranged to minimize the size of the engine cases and centralize mass.
• The dry sump oil lubrication system has been optimized to ensure maximum lubrication and cooling. Special oil nozzles direct oil at the bottom of the pistons to cool and lubricate them. Dry sump system means a more compact engine design since the oil tank is not part of the engine, which lowers the centre of gravity for great handling and a light feel.
• Special “dual chamber” crankcase design. The front section is for the crank assembly while the rear is for the transmission. Two, 3-rotor high capacity oil pumps optimizes oil flow in each of the two main sections of the engine.
• Huge 100mm ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
• Large-diameter 100mm pistons are both durable and lightweight. Yamaha’s exclusive “controlled forged construction” keeps the pistons light for faster response and to accommodate higher rpms with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass. The pistons feature an Alumite coating to reduce friction.
• Cooling fin thickness and depth is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, while maintaining that traditional, stylish air-cooled engine appearance. Each cooling fin is specially polished to create shining highlights that change with the angle of the light.
• 43mm, twin-bore, downdraft throttle body fuel injection (FI) with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range. This system is a “closed loop” system, since it utilizes an oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor “sniffs” the spent exhaust gases and feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The benefits of fuel injection include chokeless operation, increased fuel economy, instant throttle response and reduced emissions.
• The 12-hole, 2-directional Mikuni fuel injectors produce a wide spray pattern for complete cylinder filling. This special spray pattern combined with the dual spark plug heads ensures complete combustion for maximum power. An Idle Speed Control (ISC) has been adopted to ensure stable idling performance.
• High capacity electronic fuel pump is located in the sub fuel tank under the seat.
• State-of-the-art Electronic Control Unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3D mapping for each cylinder.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• 3.5 litre dual inlet air box features one inlet at the front and one at the rear of the air box for maximum breathing efficiency. This design not only maximizes air flow but also reduces weight and allows for a more open appearance at the steering head area. A viscous paper type air filter is used.
• Air Induction System (AIS) injects fresh oxygen at the exhaust port to ensure complete combustion thereby reducing harmful exhaust emissions (HC & CO) while a special air cut valve reduces backfiring when decelerating or coasting off throttle.
• High-performance, 2-into-1-into-2 exhaust system features large size header pipes for maximum flow. Dual 3-way honeycomb matrix catalyizers reduce harmful exhaust emissions. The stylish dual mufflers helps to boost torque and horsepower while producing a throaty, V-twin growl. Heat shields protect the rider and passenger from hot components.
• The exhaust system also features a lightweight titanium EXUP exhaust power valve most commonly found on high performance sport bikes. The EXUP system not only provides crisp throttle response and eliminates ‘flat spots” but also improves acceleration, reduces fuel consumption and harmful emissions too.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission features optimized gear ratios for both strong low rpm acceleration and relaxed highway cruising. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for maximum riding comfort.
•”Assist and slipper clutch” features a heavy duty 10 plate hydraulically operated wet clutch that reduces clutch lever pull / effort at the handlebar by 20%, for reduced hand fatigue and improved rider comfort. This clutch design also features a back torque limiter function (also known as a slipper clutch). The slipper function helps to reduce the sharp effects of engine braking when downshifting. The end result is an easier to use clutch and smoother down shifting for an enhanced cruising / touring experience. This clutch is operated by a low maintenance, self adjusting hydraulic master cylinder instead of a cable.
• Low-maintenance belt drive system not only significantly reduces maintenance but is also clean and quiet. A belt drive system uses less power than a shaft drive and reduces unsprung weight for great rear suspension performance. The belt is embedded with carbon fibre cords for incredible strength and durability
• Easy access, spin-on type oil filter.
• High tech, cast aluminium double-cradle frame reduces weight, while balancing strength and rigidity. The engine is a stressed member of the frame for added rigidity. The critical head pipe area features box type construction for additional strength. The frame not only provides excellent handling characteristics but also compliments the beautiful flowing lines of the entire machine. The open area behind and below the steering head helps to enhance that “chopper inspired” styling image. The main front wire harness is hidden in the head pipe for a clean appearance.
Important Note: Raked out front fork with lots of trail generally provides good straight line stability but often results in heavy steering. The engineers at Yamaha will not sacrifice handling for styling, so they have developed a 6 degree yoke offset angle combined with a 34 degree steering head for a total fork angle of 40 degrees. The Raider provides light “athletic handling and easy steering” not commonly found on a custom styled bike. This bike was designed to be ridden !! Key numbers: 6 degree yoke offset angle; 34 degree caster angle; 102mm of trail.
• Lightweight C.F. die cast aluminium swingarm offers superb rigidity and ensures excellent stability and handling. The C.F. die casting process allows for beautiful shapes that are both strong and light. This swingarm is a fashion statement in aluminium and compliments the rest of the Raider’s eye catching styling.
• Rigid 46mm Kayaba front fork offers 130mm (5.1″) of wheel travel for exceptionally stable handling and great ride comfort. The inner fork tubes are protected by chip guards.
• Beefy, cast aluminium, top triple clamp and computer designed lower triple clamp with a 6 degree yoke offset angle provides excellent handling qualities while maintaining that custom chopper inspired styling.
• Link rear suspension features a spring preload adjustable (9mm / 0.35″ of adjustment) single rear shock delivering outstanding ride comfort and precise handling. The Kayaba shock is horizontally positioned under the engine lowering the centre of gravity for great handling. The shock is hidden to provide that classic “hardtail” look. Rear wheel travel is 90mm (3.5″).
• Powerful dual 298mm floating front discs are squeezed by ultra rigid, 4-piston, monoblock calipers to provide sport-bike spec stopping power with great lever feel and feedback.
• Beautiful custom looking 5-spoke cast aluminium 21″ front wheel provides a special styling highlight. The width is 3.50 inches wide and is fitted with a 120/70 profile tire. The rear wheel is also a custom inspired 5-spoke, 18 inch cast aluminium mag design that is 7.5 inches wide. This rear wheel carries the widest rear tire ever installed on a Yamaha motorcycle … it is a 210 / 40 tire. Both are tubeless.
• Large 310mm rear disc is squeezed by a single piston caliper mounted below the swingarm for a lower center of gravity and that customized “hidden look”.
• Two-piece seat design features a deep notch in the rider seat to give that chopper inspired riding position … more sitting in than sitting on. The rear portion of the rider’s seat also doubles as a back support for the rider.
• 60/55w headlight with unique custom inspired styling can be adjusted up and down and left or right .
• Steel fenders front and rear can be easily customized or painted to suit personal preferences. Custom styled one piece rear fender mounts.
• Flangeless teardrop style main fuel tank offers 12 litres of capacity. There are no welds visible, providing that clean, custom look. Total fuel capacity is 16 litres thanks to a 4 litre sub tank located low in the frame below the seat. A high pressure electric fuel pump with quick connect fittings provides fuel to the FI system.
• Large 1.25″ diameter handlebars. All electrical wires are hidden inside the handlebars for that clean custom look. Selected meter functions can be controlled by buttons on the back of RHS switch gear.
• Classic fuel tank mounted instrument panel. This comprehensive instrumentation includes an analogue speedo, and fuel gauge with low fuel warning light, plus a digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve trip counter and clock. Background illumination can be adjusted to suit personal preferences. Reset buttons are located on the instrument panel while the select switch is located on the left hand switch gear so you can tab through the various functions without removing your hands from the handlebars.
• Triple clamp mounted “bikini” fairing not only adds a serious styling highlight but also improves aerodynamics and reduces wind fatigue on the rider.
• Extra wide, brake and clutch levers provide that quality feel and look.
• Brilliant LED rear tail light not only uses less power but is also more durable than a conventional bulb design.
/// Special styling features:
• Chrome headlight mounts
• Black headlight shell/body
• Black turn signals with clear lenses
• Black lower fork legs
• Black upper & lower triple clamps
• Black handlebar clamp
• Black engine covers with limited chrome accents
• Black & brushed aluminium wheel accents
• Black handlebar switches
• Black front calipers
• Black master cylinders (brake & clutch)
• Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish
• Numerous custom inspired styling highlights (headlight stay, handlebar holders, rear fender stays, mirrors, footpegs etc.) found throughout the Raider create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Self-cancelling chromed turn signals with stylish clear lenses
• Low-fuel warning light (activated with 3 litres of fuel remaining)
• Low maintenance sealed battery
• Steering lock
• Helmet holder
• Upper and lower belt guards
2015 Yamaha Raider SE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
2015 Yamaha Raider SE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $16,499 CDN
Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), 48º, V-twin with EFI
1,854 cc (113 cubic inch)
BORE AND STROKE
100 x 118mm
17 kg-m (123 ft-lbs.) @ 2,500rpm
Dual 43mm cross bore downdraft throttle body FI
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
18kpl / 51mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
Dual 298mm discs / 4 piston calipers
310mm disc / single piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
16 litres (3.5 Imp. gallons)
332 kg (732 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).